The Nature Boy

Slow news day at The Ol ' Cehst

301 posts in this topic

By placing "All joking aside" you will never understand my comment. If you can leave all joking where it belongs you will enjoy the stupidity of people a lot more.

Yes, in the 50's there was a lot of humour that was of the 'little woman in the home that doesn't understand the real world, how cute she is for being so stupid dumb blond' kind. It was universally accepted, women laughed, men laughed no one questioned that it was intrinsically deprecating and ultimately demeaning even though the premise on which it was based was entirely misogynistic. Would you not care to progress to more sophisticated topics that feature women as they really are, like other comedians?

It is always hard when your own bias and prejudices are exposed i know... Why look inward when it is so much easier to preach. :thumbs:

That is one inference to be sure. Clearly, you believe you are onto something. Good luck with that.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

As I was saying...I don't understand women.

Perhaps you are simply too lazy to treat people as individuals? No, I am not joining in the 'fun' and yes I am quite sure this is ruining your enjoyment of this thread. It's too ridiculous in the 21st century to base humour on the 'women are too complicated but they are adorable' premise. It's fatuous and just not funny any more.

Edited by The Truth™

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Just tell her she looks really good in that dress........................................then duck.

Have you ever heard a story where a guy tells his wife of 20 years he's decided he is gay....I can see how it happens.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering how long before someone would arrive to wreck the innocent banter.

ETA: and proclaim sexism and be offended.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

I was wondering how long before someone would arrive to wreck the innocent banter.

ETA: and proclaim sexism and be offended.

Maybe that's because you know it is, but still want to indulge in it anyway? I can't imagine why anyone would 'wonder' such a thing otherwise, can you?

Have you ever heard a story where a guy tells his wife of 20 years he's decided he is gay....I can see how it happens.

Yes, I am sure you can, but again that's because you rely on malformed, preconceived notions of other people and perpetuate rubbish about how people 'get to be gay'. More lazy and spectacularly unfunny 'humour' from the 50's comedian.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, I am sure you can, but again that's because you rely on malformed, preconceived notions of other people and perpetuate rubbish about how people 'get to be gay'. More lazy and spectacularly unfunny 'humour' from the 50's comedian.

I appreciate the new nick name but the 50's was a couple of decades before my time. If you don't like my humor feel free to get up and change the channel; or if you like, continue to regale me with tales of yesteryear.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe that's because you know it is, but still want to indulge in it anyway? I can't imagine why anyone would 'wonder' such a thing otherwise, can you?

Maybe because your claims of sexism and being offended are pretty predictable? I can't imagine why anyone would be so easily offended and find sexism where non is to be found, can you?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Maybe because your claims of sexism and being offended are pretty predictable? I can't imagine why anyone would be so easily offended and find sexism where non is to be found, can you?

Oh, you mean as in, doesn't matter what's being discussed, someone will suggest it's sexist? No, I don't think that's going to fly. Fact is, such things are only suggested when there really is something that could be objected to in the thread and in this case, the so called 'humour' that you are indulging in is based on misogynist preconceptions. That's an objective fact, no matter whether any one is offended by that or not.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think it's time for a pie break.

Really !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

snarf some o Teddy's pie fotos - lets get busy with da pie.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !