Janelle2002

The 10 Dumbest States in America

105 posts in this topic

Yes we all pretty much get along, even if you think I am a redneck .....

Wait that's racist . Let me try again

A redneck man

Better ?

LOL

Seriosly

Psych 101. You want change you provide postie or negative reinforcement to wanted or unwanted behavior. You just shock Rats at random times you make them nuts or they avoid the maze all together

Progress at it's best.

I really admire my new protege. Keep up the work and I will give you a raise. lol

:thumbs:

You're all just jealous because I'm from Massachusetts and smarter than those of you from the dumb states.

I can't even correctly pronounce Massachusetts.

Progress at it's best.

I really admire my new protege. Keep up the work and I will give you a raise. lol

:thumbs:

I ain't even touching that one

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kathryn,

This is what we have been talking about. Not trying to start a ruckus or be unappreciative of what has taken place lately, and I may be the only one but...

I have no idea what the inappropriate comments were ? I have no idea what the line in the sand was, or even how long whoever's toe it was is ?

I think most of us are willing to try and abide by whatever it is you guys want us to abide by, but actions like this just leave us all scratching our heads about the who, what , why and what?

We get that you guys and are in charge and I understand the "you might want to start heading back on topic. Just saying " is a threat The only thing we don't get is about what ?

Look at it like this. If when you were young and your mother told you, " your brother did something and you better get it in line and not do it either or else, and you had no clue what she was talking about Well how could you modify your behavior ?

Thanks

Peace

NB

Ok, I appreciate what you are saying. I have to admit that my hands are somewhat tied when I am making a public warning rather than the private warning by not naming the poster(s) involved by name, and so hoping a more general warning will remind people that the TOS are still in effect, and that sometimes, while playfully bantering, a comment, either deliberately or not, goes too far or in an inappropriate direction, and strikes an uncomfortable nerve.

I removed or edited a number of posts that threatened to turn this discussion away from using educational standards to 'measure' the intelligence of a State to using Racial Distribution to measure the intelligence of a state. It was a deliberate attempt by a member who is quite adept at this and has a history of doing this. There were also a few comments I edited out that were supposedly meant in fun but had an edgy 'twist' to them that could be taken in another way - and when someone protested, the poster said ' only joking' (paraphrasing) - but the timing and location and the poster make that 'only joking' suspect in the circumstances.

These are the subtleties that are hard to address to a specific individual publicly, so I was trying to find a way that would be perceived more as a friendly reminder than a mod being unreasonable, and expecting people would notice what had been removed and what had been edited. Sure doesn't look like I succeeded in that :unsure: .

Ok, thanks for the feedback,and I will try to do better.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I think the guilty parties should be made public so they can be scorned by the rest of the rule following members. Maybe put them in stocks for a day and everyone throws rotten tomatoes at them.

Agreed!

Filed: Timeline
... a number of posts that threatened to turn this discussion away from using educational standards to 'measure' the intelligence of a State to using Racial Distribution to measure the intelligence of a state. It was a deliberate attempt by a member who is quite adept at this and has a history of doing this.

Actually, it was an attempt to point out the absurdity of calling a group of people - in this case residents of a state - 'dumb' based an aggregate measure like % of bachelors degrees. But thanks for the personal attack, Kathryn. It's okay because you're Lead Mod :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, it was an attempt to point out the absurdity of calling a group of people - in this case residents of a state - 'dumb' based an aggregate measure like % of bachelors degrees. But thanks for the personal attack, Kathryn. It's okay because you're Lead Mod :star:

If I can make a suggestion then . . .

the way you made that post gave absolutely no indication that was your intent. Here is the removed post with the numbers xxed out - I do not see how you are attempting to show how ridiculous it is to measure a state's intelligence factor by citing how many people have Bachelors degree,. It appears you are trying to indicate that one particular 'race' is dumber and that accounts for the number - or lack thereof - of Bachelor degrees in particular states.

You may want to state your intent more clearly in the future.

XX% of native-born whites have Bachelor's degrees (or higher). XX% of blacks can say the same. It's close to XX% for asians.

So the dumbest race is....?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I think you contribute a lot here and I follow you all the time. Please don't take this mean spirited or personal, as per today's thread I want you around

I have tactfully disagreed with Kathryn on several occasion, and I think the MBD, NB mutual ignore was one of the most childish things ever done, here .

However to say you are very disliked and no one respects you, is way past the line of disagreeing with they way she handled a Mod decision. yes I agree today could have had a bit different touch, but your words are designed to be very hurtful and i am sure they are.

As for respect, Kathryn has always been very respectful to me on a personal level, even when we vehemently disagreed. I do like her and respect her and think as a Man you should apologize to her. Once again very hurtful words.

As for Ewok. If I were him, after everything that has happened to day, the Gay Bashing post with at least 6 gay slurs, The hurtful personal attack on Kathryn, the hissy fight with 3 members in his own damn thread. I would shut the forum down.

I've been the victim :devil: of plenty of moderator action here over the years. Kathryn and I have agreed to disagree a couple of times, but I respect her as she has always explained her point of view and she has also listened to my side of things and respected where I was coming from. I have no problem with that at all. Sometimes we agreed completely, sometimes we found some common ground and maybe 2 or 3 we just didn't agree but respected each others point of view and explanations. Personally, I can't ask for any more than that. I was respectful to her, she was respectful to me.

Whether you're a moderator on a public forum, on the planning board in your hometown, a priest, pastor, rabbi, cleric, etc at your local place of worship, a Congressman, Senator or President of the US, you can't please everyone all the time. That's life. And when you're the unhappy one, it can be a big deal. Some people are never pleased, even if you do whatever they want. I'm talking about reality here. We all know someone that no matter what you do, they won't like it.

What goes on in some of these threads at times makes kids at daycare seem mature and reasonable. And I include myself in that childishness at times. This isn't my personal playground, although I act like it is at times. Ewok is free to do what he wants with this site. It is my choice to participate or not.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One post returned to thread, minus quoted section that has been removed:

I think you contribute a lot here and I follow you all the time. Please don't take this mean spirited or personal, as per today's thread I want you around

I have tactfully disagreed with Kathryn on several occasion, and I think the MBD, NB mutual ignore was one of the most childish things ever done, here .

However to say you are very disliked and no one respects you, is way past the line of disagreeing with they way she handled a Mod decision. yes I agree today could have had a bit different touch, but your words are designed to be very hurtful and i am sure they are.

As for respect, Kathryn has always been very respectful to me on a personal level, even when we vehemently disagreed. I do like her and respect her and think as a Man you should apologize to her. Once again very hurtful words.

As for Ewok. If I were him, after everything that has happened to day, the Gay Bashing post with at least 6 gay slurs, The hurtful personal attack on Kathryn, the hissy fight with 3 members in his own damn thread. I would shut the forum down.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One post has been removed from the thread, and its author thread-banned, for violating this tenet of the VJ Terms of Service:

"Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users."

The removed comment would have crossed the line and warranted this administrative action had it been published in any forum and been directed toward any individual VJ member.

Perhaps this example clarifies what most participants in the CE&HST forum strive toward and what they hope that others will adhere to: being able to disagree without being disagreeable.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Perhaps this example clarifies what most participants in the CE&HST forum strive toward and what they hope that others will adhere to: being able to disagree without being disagreeable.

Why the heck would people want to do that? :huh:

Some people make that behaviour seem like their life's main purpose. <_<

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png