The Nature Boy

Roll Call of Fallen Commrades

2,825 posts in this topic

(Man....Posts removed...Posts edited...TOS violations...Member TB'd (big D?)....wait.. (member TB'd...snicker snort....)....& yet...the thread is still alive. yaaaaaay!)

A few pages back...it appears there is some discussion = restrict thread topics involving race.

My Vote = YES! YES! YES!

I understand there might be a GZ TM situation in the future...& I understand that might devolve into the race debate. & I, 4 1, am Okay with that.

(but) Making Race Threads Taboo....I likes that Idea verra verra much!

(Man....Posts removed...Posts edited...TOS violations...Member TB'd (big D?)....wait.. (member TB'd...snicker snort....)....& yet...the thread is still alive. yaaaaaay!)

A few pages back...it appears there is some discussion = restrict thread topics involving race.

My Vote = YES! YES! YES!

I understand there might be a GZ TM situation in the future...& I understand that might devolve into the race debate. & I, 4 1, am Okay with that.

(but) Making Race Threads Taboo....I likes that Idea verra verra much!

You can have a healthy conversation about easily, if you leave the stereotypes and preconceived notions at the door.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You can have a healthy conversation about easily, if you leave the stereotypes and preconceived notions at the door.

You sure have been missing in action during the Revelation HMMM LOL

Here's an example of something:

Danno will post an article (definitely biased ) but it states the % of crime by blacks. He will also post the % of teen/unwed mothers. He will then state his theory that the first is directly related to the second.

Is there something racist in talking about this? Or is it the vast number of times he posts this that is the problem?

But here's what my concern really is: I hope it's not that "we all know why Danno is posting this stuff ( he's racist ) therefore, we need to stop it."

There is definitely a problem if we are being judged by what others think we mean instead of what we actually say.

ETA: And it these discussions that have opened the eyes of others and changed their opinions. If we eliminate these discussions, then we also eliminate the positive difference you can make.

Edited by B_J

Danno will post an article (definitely biased ) but it states the % of crime by blacks. He will also post the % of teen/unwed mothers. He will then state his theory that the first is directly related to the second.

Is there something racist in talking about this? Or is it the vast number of times he posts this that is the problem?

But here's what my concern really is: I hope it's not that "we all know why Danno is posting this stuff ( he's racist ) therefore, we need to stop it."

There is definitely a problem if we are being judged by what others think we mean instead of what we actually say.

But ! If one side is posting that the problems the Black community are struggling with are the direct result of White racism many times a day, but Danno counters with factual data presented in a non derogatory way , to the contrary, why is that racist.

I personally am somewhere in between. I recognize that years of Racism had had an effect, but I also think the massive social programs that have created so many unwed births, among other things have had an efefct.

Not to turn this into a race thread, but Danno presented the other side of the argument and usually backed it up with lot's o facts.Although he was attacked often, he never retaliated or belittled. Not once did he ever use a demeaning term of cast a racial slur.

Bottom line is a lot did not like what Danno had to say, because it made them uncomfortable.

Edited by The Nature Boy

But ! If one side is posting that the problems the Black community are struggling with are the direct result of White racism many times a day, but Danno counters with factual data presented in a non derogatory way , to the contrary, why is that racist.

I personally am somewhere in between. I recognize that years of Racism had had an effect, but I also think the massive social programs that have created so many unwed births, among other things have had an efefct.

Not to turn this into a race thread, but Danno presented the other side of the argument and usually backed it up with lot's o facts.Although he was attacked often, he never retaliated or belittled. Not once did he ever use a demeaning term of cast a racial slur.

Bottom line is a lot did not like what Danno had to say, because it made them uncomfortable.

I had disagreements with Danno on theology. He backed up his position (but he was wrong) and I backed up mine (and I was right) But that's supposed to be what this forum is about.

By the way, imagine if he reported it every time someone used the phrase "Danno logic"

Danno's problem is/was with his delivery. Some of the stuff he posted made a lot of sense and was spot on, but the way he posted it turned people off. And then some of the stuff he posted was so off the wall, I couldn't take him seriously even when he posted something legit.

Edited by Teddy B

You sure have been missing in action during the Revelation HMMM LOL

Wife's birthday this weekend. Had to put in the work, so to speak.

The problem was, Danno presented the other side only. According to him, nothing positive happens within the black community. Every thread was black people suck. Even if we had nothing to do with it(I'm still laughing about the solar panel thread that turned into a black people are poor discussion) it crept into every thread he jumped in.

White person goes on a shooting spree? Let's look at Detroit. White person steals something, let's talk about black youth. Yet, he refused to break bread with a black person, nor did he want to talk about it with ACTUAL black people.

Edited by Su and Marvin

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

ETA: And it these discussions that have opened the eyes of others and changed their opinions. If we eliminate these discussions, then we also eliminate the positive difference you can make.

This the reason I post. There are some you can reach, like you. If you don't know and ask questions, it's a chance you can learn. The issue is Danno's outlook is cemented. He brings this stuff up to reaffirm his stance on black people. Even when you bring facts to counter his logic, he's still sold on his idea of separatism.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I had disagreements with Danno on theology. He backed up his position (but he was wrong) and I backed up mine (and I was right) But that's supposed to be what this forum is about.

By the way, imagine if he reported it every time someone used the phrase "Danno logic"

I agreed with Danno Zero on theology

The guy was mocked and attacked at every turn. never returned it, but somehow he was the problem

Wife's birthday this weekend. Had to put in the work, so to speak.

The problem was, Danno presented the other side only. According to him, nothing positive happens within the black community. Every thread was black people suck. Even if we had nothing to do with it(I'm still laughing about the solar panel thread that turned into a black people are poor discussion) it crept into every thread he jumped in.

White person goes on a shooting spree? Let's look at Detroit. White person steals something, let's talk about black youth. Yet, he refused to break bread with a black person, nor did he want to talk about it with ACTUAL black people.

But you and Janelle were able to answer everything he said. You could respond with counter-examples and it was a good debate.

Doesn't everybody present only one side? It's not like I'm going to post my opinion and then post again, pointing out where I'm wrong.

Danno's problem is/was with his delivery. Some of the stuff he posted made a lot of sense and was spot on, but the way he posted it turned people off. And then some of the stuff he posted was so off the wall, I couldn't take him seriously even when he posted something legit.

Well to be Frank , Danno was too Verbose. I generally did not read all of his posts .

This the reason I post. There are some you can reach, like you. If you don't know and ask questions, it's a chance you can learn. The issue is Danno's outlook is cemented. He brings this stuff up to reaffirm his stance on black people. Even when you bring facts to counter his logic, he's still sold on his idea of separatism.

99% of everyone's mind here is already made up, but that 1% can keep you coming back for more. It's kinda like that one good shot in a terrible round of golf.

Well to be Frank , Danno was too Verbose. I generally did not read all of his posts .

I think that's all of us. "I'm not going read what you said, but I'm sure going to reply" :ranting: