12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

for those in the group who have sponsored their parents (or spouses in-laws), question about other children of the parents as well during the petition for the parents?

Is it all of the children?
or just the children under 18?
or do the parents have to sponsor children separately?

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

there are no derivatives on parents petitions, children aren't able to come with parents, they will be left behind. siblings are filed separately and take over 12 years of waiting

so that's why or one parent comes and files for the other and unmarried children under 21 as their derivatives, or they both come and file for children left behind in their country of origin

Timeline

so you would file for one parent to come over, then that parent would file for hteir spouse and derivitives to come over? (I imagine those over 21 would still be filed for seperately?)

How long does this process take, this way?

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

yes of course, over 21 are filed separately, for those under 21 and spouse, close to 2 years, and for over 21, over 10 years and they have to be unmarried until parents become USC

Timeline

thanks,

How long does it take from aplication for the first parent to come over?

now if the one parent comes over, they have green card immediately?

they can file the petition for the other spouse, derivitives, and other other older children?

The spouse then can go back to spend time with the family while waiting? (of couse with an AP voucher for extended stays.)

Are there expedites on these applications?

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

There are no petitions for spouse in laws. Your wife would need to become USC first and then petition for her parents.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Harpa, I think the assumtion already made without stating is that this is for my wife and her family.

1) she is working to become a US citizen

2) she will be petitioning her family

3) Her family wil be living with us for a while.

Any questions?

A man takes care of his family and his wife's family.... in the Philipipnes, a man learns being a man also menas accepting responsibility for his wife's family.

I am trying to help and be supportive of my wife and her family.... if there are problems with that, don't bother posting... just move on.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Uh, I am just making sure you know that, since you said "petition spouses in-law."

Your wife has a over year before she can even begin the N400 process.

I am just trying to help you help your family, by not sending off money too early for something.

No comment on your manhood, I assure you...

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks,

How long does it take from aplication for the first parent to come over? More or less a year.

now if the one parent comes over, they have green card immediately? Yes, the 10 year GC will come in a month or so.

they can file the petition for the other spouse, derivitives, and other other older children? Yes, as a GC holder she can immediately file i130 for her spouse and unmarried children. GC holders cannot file for their married children though.

The spouse then can go back to spend time with the family while waiting? (of couse with an AP voucher for extended stays.) Yes she can visit the Philippines but as a GC holder and petitioner she has the responsibility to maintain her LPR status.

Are there expedites on these applications? No because relatives of GC holders are not processed at the same timeframe as immediate relatives of US citizens. The availability of visas for families of GC holders are restricted by quotas and are limited by the Visa Bulletin. Waiting times for spouses and children below 21 years old of LPRs are at 2+ years. For unmarried sons/daughters over 21 its 10+ years.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Her N400 proces will start next year on April 19, 2015. (you can apply 90 days prior to the 3 year anniversary date) 3 years married with GC or 5 years. Parents would have to wiat 5 years (90 days before 5 year anniversary), to get USA citizenship status.

There are 2 children under 18 with my wife parents, and 2 over 21. So we are trying to figure out exactly what is the best course of action. The concern is leaving the younger children while coming over themselves. Sometimes life is not easy making choices.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What are the exact ages of those whose under 18? If they turn 21 before their visas are issued, they will hang in a balance.

The children over 21 will definitely wait 10+ years and they must be single/unmarried the entire process. Marriage will void their petition unless mom naturalizes and their wait will be twice longer.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

I figure the children are young enough to make it in time. The older ones are way over 21.

I figure the youngest one has plenty of time. The oldest has 6 years, 5 years from next year, which means about 2 years leeway give or take.

Jsut trying to figure the best way to approach the plans.

I figure one parent will be here by December 2015, if things go well. Citizenship in August 2015, petition for parent. petition should be approved and done by october to december 2015. So figure spouse petition by January to Februday 2016, which means around February 2018. Again this all depends on her passing.

If it wasn't for the kids, it would be easy....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.