thedude6752000

USCIS Wants to Hear Your Input (merged)

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Obama writing the laws has nothing to do with how USCIS chooses to handle these cases. It is all about prioritizing and management. If USCIS handle each case in the order in which they are received, we will all have our loved ones here eventually. Fussing and ranting is not going to make anything better. Blaming the President is not going to help either.

SO many times this.

In any other industry, if you know you're going to have a swell of customers all of a sudden? You hire extra workers. Look at tourist towns. People get hired for the summer and let go in the fall. All of retail does this at Christmas. You hire people on shortterm contracts. If someone turns out to be remarkably good, you keep them longterm. Why can't USCIS hire some extra people to deal with the massive, sudden influx?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Timeline

No it did not, very frustratingly. It only included the two links I pasted containing the long legal mumbo-jumbo about the proposed changes. Why would they ask for comments and then not provide a venue for us to comment in? I don't think I even want to know.

They did provide instructions on how to provide comments to the proposed changes ... a variety of ways in fact ... it's on the first page of each Federal Register Notice.

However, the proposed rule changes (they are changes to regulations and not laws) have nothing to do with family-based petitions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

This... has nothing to do with I-130 or I-129 petitions. In fact, one of the proposals should make things easier, because it's eliminating paperwork. If you genuinely want to ease the load of USCIS and related departments, you should be supporting at least this one:

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) proposes to update the regulations to include nonimmigrant high-skilled specialty occupation professionals from Chile and Singapore (H-1B1) and from Australia (E-3) in the list of classes of aliens authorized for employment incident to status with a specific employer, to clarify that H-1B1 and principal E-3 nonimmigrants are allowed to work without having to separately apply to DHS for employment authorization.

Emphasis mine. The other proposal is a regulatory change to allow a certain subclass of immigrants ("H-4 dependent spouses of principal H-1B nonimmigrants who are in the process of seeking lawful permanent resident status through employment") to receive permission to work earlier in their case. I suppose it might possibly add an additional few minutes to someone's time processing an already complicated VISA application to do the equivalent of an EAD, but it's not a DOOM AND GLOOM OMG I-130 AND I-129 FILERS WILL BE SO BADLY AFFECTED situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Good day I went to the website where you can read the full ruling. One they are wanting to do from what I read was speed up the process for companies hiring a specific employee. Which fine do what you need to but this was my comment to that.

(Good day my only comment on this is it going to help the processing centers of already back logged cases regarding Families who have been waiting or will it impose more case load on the centers. If so what happens to the cases they are behind on for K-Visa or I-130 etc. I understand companies want to hire the best and that may lead to out sourcing and bringing someone over via Visa. Also there is a real need to expedite the process for American Citizens who are using there rights to bring family to them in the USA. Either way there needs to be a balanced system to both the working and the family Visa approval.)

Regard,
A

Hope it helps us.

They have already brought back one change, I think, even if it's nothing official. Speedy USCIS approvals for couples filing abroad for IR-1/CR-1 are being seen more and more on the forum since last month. The common belief is that this is an effort to make up for removing the DCF option from most countries in the world. They stopped doing it for a time, but are doing it again. We'll see if it lasts or if it's just a temporary trend like last time.

If you have had your I-130 petition approved quickly after filing from abroad recently, please add your story to the thread. Do not add it if you requested an expedite or the petitioner is from a country that is having petitions expedited due to a natural disaster. Go here, read the first post for background, then skip to the last page and add your case: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/357465-usc-petitioner-living-abroad/

USCIS (Priority date April 1, Approval April 17, no RFEs)

March 28, 2014: I-130 sent via FedEx from Bogotá to Chicago Lockbox

April 1, 2014: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 10:29 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by J. CHYBA (date confirmed by My Case Status)

April 4, 2014: NOA1 e-mail received at 12:17 a.m.; case accepted and routed to CSC for processing. Check cashed.

April 17, 2014: Changed mailing address with USCIS Tier 2 representative. He also confirmed that our case had arrived to the CSC and that our NOA1 date is April 3.

April 18, 2014: NOA2 e-mail received at 12:30 a.m. Case status online changed to post-decision activity; date of "last updated" changed to April 17. Change of address e-mail received at 3 a.m. Status changed back to initial review on e-mail and online. Date of "last updated" now April 18. Called and spoke to two Tier 2 reps; both were useless.

April 21, 2014: Approval confirmed verbally by Tier 2 rep. Order put in to send second NOA2 hard copy to new address. Instructed to ignore online case status.

April 25 or 26, 2014: NOA1 hard copy arrives to old apartment in Bogotá. Priority date actually April 1. (April 3 was the notice date.)

May 16: USCIS change of address e-mail received

May 19: USCIS e-mail received saying a duplicate notice was mailed on this date. Case status now set to "Acceptance."

May 22: NOA2 duplicate hard copy arrives to U.S. address

NVC

April 29, 2014: Case received

​May 22, 2014: Case number and IIN assigned. Asked operator about our move from Colombia to Argentina and received instructions.

May 24, 2014: E-mails about embassy change/address change sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov at 4:36 p.m. NVC time

​June 3, 2014: Payment portal message "This case is in the process of termination" appears. DS-261 appears, submitted. E-mails received from NVC concerning case number and AOS bill.

June 4, 2014: AOS payment invoiced, paid; DS-261 received by NVC

June 6, 2014: AOS payment shows as PAID in payment portal

June 17, 2014: Response received from nvcinquiry@state.gov. "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

June 24, 2014: AOS package sent via FedEx overnight shipping from Houston to NVC

June 25, 2014: AOS package delivered at 9:43 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by F.FNU

July 1, 2014: AOS package scanned

July 18, 2014: Checked payment portal and saw: "CASE NUMBER CHANGE: The applicant's case number, [bGT#], has been changed to [bNS#]." Called and confirmed. Also said today marked 30 business days since NVC received DS-261; operator said she would have that reviewed and make IV payment available ASAP.

August 5: E-mail sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov concerning changing our embassy BACK to Bogotá at 6:41 p.m. NVC time

August 6: IV invoice e-mail FINALLY received at 2:13 a.m. NVC time

August 7: IV payment made available on payment portal; paid

August 8: IV payment shows as PAID in payment portal; DS-260 becomes available

August 14: Checklist received; errors on sponsor's I-864 form and on joint sponsor's I-864A

August 15: DS-260 submitted

August 29: Checklist response and IV package sent via FedEx ground from Houston to NVC

September 4: Checklist response and IV package delivered at 11:21 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by GPETERS

September 8: Checklist response and IV package scanned

September 10: DS-260 accepted; false checklist received

September 17: E-mail response received from asknvc@state.gov (30 business days/43 calendar days later): Correspondence under review

September 26: Embassy change approved; new case number assigned

October 30: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy

Interview scheduled: Nov. 10 -- Medical: Nov. 25 -- Interview: Dec. 1, 9:30 a.m. APPROVED! -- Visa in hand: Dec. 5 -- POE: Dec. 29 in Houston

Does anyone have anything constructive to add? How are we supposed to comment on this?

Hello, I found that the Department of state is over decisions that the USCIS makes, but, I havent quite figured out how to send them the information..

I know you can contact the OMbudsman, but I have not had luck, a week before this came Out I sent a detailed email to them complaining about wait and processing times, complete with screen shots to prove the time lapses...And compared that to the currant wait times....

http://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

http://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman

From what I can tell this person can help adress the issue, I have not had any luck, they responded to my email and asked for the applicant to sign something, and My husband is in guatemala, so I cant get his signature at this time. Im still workgin on this part.

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I just got this email from USCIS:

Dear Stakeholder,

On May 12, 2014, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) published two notices of proposed rulemaking in the Federal Register. We encourage the public to comment on these rulemakings during the 60-day comment period.

Title

Type of Notice

Comment Period Expiration Date

FR Cite

Enhancing Opportunities for H-1B1, CW-1, and E-3 Nonimmigrants and EB-1 Immigrants PDF | Text

Proposed Rule: 60-day comment period

07/11/2014

79 FR 26870

Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent SpousesPDF | Text

Proposed Rule: 60-day comment period

07/11/2014

79 FR 26886

We need to let USCIS that there should be NO additional case work put on their plates until they have their act together with immediate relative I-130's and I-129F fiance applications. This is another example of King Obama ignoring Congress to make his own laws, and we need to make our voice heard at all costs.

I agree totally that the Service Centers are behind as it is, BUT, This has NOTHING to do with Obama..Your making it political when using "KING" Obama in your statement...This has to do with the Service center employees dragging their assses and slowing down the system..My K1 Visa application is going on 7 Mths in the Texas Service Center and STILL nothing..When I call down there, they give you a different excuse EVERY time I call...They need to fix the system..How can you expect this president or ANY president fix this system when BOTH sides of the isle don't agree on ANYTHING!!??..

Edited by Ryan H

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Another thread has been moved from the CR-1 Process forum and merged with this one. Two posts have been removed for bickering. The OP (at the risk of administrative action) is instructed to start no more new threads on this or similar topics, and everyone is expected to post constructively or refrain from posting.

TBoneTX

for VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.