8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my journey with you all, hopefully it will help some of you.

Today may be my final day of waiting for my fiance's visa, god willing.

My dates may be a little off on this post, but on my timeline they are accurate.

I sent in my I-129F packet on January 27, 2014 and it was recieved on February 4, 2014. I got my NoA1 soon after in the mail.

My NoA2 was approved in about 31 days. I am so grateful because I know that is extremely fast!

I had an attorney helping me, and he advised me to wait for the hardcopy and then my fiance could fill out the DS-160.

About two weeks later, I called NVC to see if they had recieved my packet. The guy on the phone was really nice and even gave me extra information without me asking (how to schedule an interview, when the packet left NVC.)

My packet reached Kabul. Afghanistan within three days. My case was created on March 24, 2014.

I proceeded to check out the Kabul Embassy website, and luckily I found a link to make interview appointments for Non-Immigrant Visas! I went ahead and made an appointment for April 29, 2014. When I posted on VJ about it, a really kind user informed me that the K-1 visa may technically be a NI, but it was processed as an Immigrant Visa.

I went ahead and emailed the Kabul Embassy and informed them of the mix up. They were incredibly nice and rescheduled the interview to April 27, 2014! Two days earlier!! :dancing:

Soon after I emailed the Medical Clinic and requested an appointment. The appointment was for April 19, 2014. My fiance went to the appoint and paid the $500 fee. All went well and he was told to pick up his results one day before his interview.

I want to point out that for Afghanistan(at least in my case) NO PACKET 3 OR 4 OR ANY OF THAT WAS GIVEN. It is my advice to not to wait around for it. Once my interview appointment was made, I recieved a confirmation email and the email also stated the additional documents. Affidavit of Support, Pictures, Medical, ETC.

A POLICE CERTIFICATE IS NOT NEEDED FOR AFGHANISTAN OR PAKISTAN.

Now the interview:

He went through about three security checkpoints and then handed his papers to different windows. He also made a payment for $240.

During his interview he had a translator. The officer interviewing him was very nice and even made a few jokes! After about seven questions (What does your fiance look like? Name some physical characteristics. What do you/her want to do in future? Would you change anything about her physically? etc.) he was given a green slip that stated something along the lines of: Pick up Passport/Visa Sunday 1-3.

I have checked his status on CEAC everyday since then but it has been stuck on ready since then. It was updated on April 27( interview day,) May 1, May 3, and May 4 (today, they are 12 hours ahead of us.)

Today he is going in to hopefully pick up his passport with his visa in it, if God wills it.

This website has been really helpful, and I would like to thank everyone who has helped me!

I hope this post will help guide at least one person!

I will update everyone when I find out if the visa was given to him, which will be latest 3:30 AM PST

Wish us luck everyone!

P.S. if anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.

Edited by noway123456

Congrats, it is a long journey but worth it.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

wow yours case was too quick in afghanistan cause i know alot of ppl cases are taking more than a year in afghanistan

Thanks. I know Alhamdulliah I have been blessed. I hope everyone's case moves along quickly too!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

wow too quick :) congrats... by the way why they dont need police certificate for Afghanistan and Pakistan???

N-400, Naturalization Journey:

Filing date: April 11, 2018

Filing method: Online

NOA1 date: April 12, 2018

Biometrics date: April 25, 2018

Interview scheduled/rescheduled: Jan 11, 2019/Feb 13, 2019

Placed in line for Oath: Feb 15, 2019

Oath scheduled for: Mar 21, 2019

Journey of Removal of Conditions:

I-751 Petition for removal of conditions sent: Apr 12, 2017

USPS delivered package: Apr 13, 2017 

NOA1 received: Apr 21, 2017

Biometrics appointment received: May 6, 2017 for May 15, 2017

Biometrics early walk-in: May 11, 2017

New card is being produced: Feb 13, 2019 (right after N-400 interview)

New Card was Mailed and Received: Feb 15, 2019/Feb 21, 2019

I-129 filed : Jan 01,2014

K1 interview: Jun 29, 2014

POE : Aug 13, 2014 (seattle)

---------------------------------------

AOS, EAD & AP FILED: Aug 30, 2014

NOA1: Sept 02, 2014 (Hard copies Sept 23,2014)

Biometrics: Letter received on Sept 26, 2014 (appointment Oct 09) biometrics early walkin completed on sept 29, 2014

Card in production Oct 3, 2014 (EAD was approved in 34 days)

Card mailed to address  Oct 09, 2014

To be Delivered on Oct 11, 2014 but got forwarded since USCIS mailed it to my old address 

Sent back to sender by USPS Oct 11,2014

Received by USCIS Oct 24,2014

Status updated on USCIS website and called 1-800 number to update address Oct 25, 2014

EAD/Ap re-mailed Oct 27,2014 (but no tracking #)

FINALLY received EAD/AP Nov 3, 2014  (starting work this Monday)

Interview Waiver Letter Dec 18, 2014 (6months wait)

Never thought would do this but Sent EAD for renewal July 06, 2015

EAD/AP renewal received by USCIS and NOA 1 mailed July 07,2015

I-485: Case updated, Welcome Notice was mailed  (07/09/15) Took 6 months and 27 days from the date of NPIW and after 10 months and 2 days of NOA 1

Welcome Notice hard copy received in mail, GC should arrive in 3 weeks (07/13/15)<p>

I went green and received my Green Card on (07/29/15)

Timeline

wow too quick :) congrats... by the way why they dont need police certificate for Afghanistan and Pakistan???

Thank you! They didn't give a reason but I believe it's because they already do such intense background checks for those countries anyways, a police report would be of no use.

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hi, my fiance received his case number from NVC on 3/8/2016. Should he schedule the interview or should he wait until the embassy schedules the interview for him?

Dec 22, 2015 - I-129F petition sent
Jan 10, 2016 - NOA1
Feb 15, 2016 - NOA2
Mar 02, 2016 - NVC received, case number assigned
Mar 22, 2016 - Interview scheduled by U.S embassy in Kabul
Apr 03, 2016 - Interview

Apr 10, 2016 - Status updated
Apr 19, 2016 - Status updated
May 07, 2016 - Status updated

May 10, 2016 - Status updated

....In dreadful AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.