brtlmj

Originals for the interview ?

12 posts in this topic

Hi everybody !

The K-1 guide on this website states: "Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.". My fiancee is a naturalized USC. Do I really need her original certificate of naturalization ? Wouldn't a notarized (or plain xerox) copy suffice ?

Thanks !

Bartek

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They only need to see the original not keep it, so if you take along photocopies of all your original documents, they will keep the photocopies for their files, and give back your originals.

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

By originals they mean G325a, I129f etc. NOT birth certificates, passports, naturalization certificates etc. - its a little confusing as it's not explicit. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

They only need to see the original not keep it, so if you take along photocopies of all your original documents, they will keep the photocopies for their files, and give back your originals.

Taking the originals to the embassy would not be a problem... but getting them is. I am not sure if mailing a certificate of naturalization from the States to Europe is a good idea... what if it gets lost ?

By originals they mean G325a, I129f etc. NOT birth certificates, passports, naturalization certificates etc. - its a little confusing as it's not explicit.

I would say that "documentary proof" is rather explicit :( Besides, how could I possibly get originals of the forms ? USCIS has them, all I have are copies.

I guess I will just have to call the embassy and ask. After all, their Packet 3 does not even mention any proof of my fiancee citizenship...

Thanks !

Bartek

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
By originals they mean G325a, I129f etc. NOT birth certificates, passports, naturalization certificates etc. - its a little confusing as it's not explicit. Good Luck

ditto

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Oh my goodness, REALLY?!?!? this whole time I was fretting over sending my naturalization certificate over nothing!! lol some people were posting that i indeed did have to send everything original. (sigh) thanks motu!

ps they really shoud be clearer on that....

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Silly question(sorry) but I made copies of the entire packet when I submitted it. I was assuming they wanted that, along with the originals of-boarding passes, hotel receipts and things like that. They would have the original I-129f and G325 right?

Am I way off? be honest guys I can take it :blush:

Ignore that question, I am still happy about my noa2 and I did not read the OP's question correctly.

Oh God :blink:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Fiancé(e) Visa (K-1)

Applying for a Visa

The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancé(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa tells you of any additional specific requirements, such as where you need to go for the required medical examination. The following is required:

A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.

Birth certificate

Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner

Police certificate from all places lived since age 16

Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)

Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support may be requested.)

Two Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (A Form DS-156, prepared in duplicate.)

One Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K

Two nonimmigrant visa photos (each two inches 50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)

Evidence of a fiancé relationship

Payment of fees, as explained below.

The consular officer may ask for additional information according to the circumstances of the case. Documents in foreign languages should be translated.

Take clear, legible photocopies of civil documents, such as birth and marriage certificates, to the interview. Original documents can then be returned to you.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...es_1315.html#6d

NOTE: If the applicant or petitioner has already submitted the original document to the USCIS in connection with another matter, he or she may submit a photocopy along with an explanation of when and why the original was previously sent to the USCIS.

For all other documents, the applicant may submit a photocopy of the document required; however, he or she may be required to present the original:

* in person, upon the request of a USCIS or consular official during an interview, or

* by mail, in response to a written request from USCIS.

An original document submitted under these circumstances will be returned to the petitioner or applicant when no longer required.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdiorig.htm

This is why it is always advised to have originals of certified copies of anything that is submitted to USCIS with the petition, on hand at the interview. If it is requested to be sighted and it is not available, the issuance of the visa could be delayed.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks Aussie :thumbs:

I already gave Gavin all the "original" copies of everything, I just have to send the I-134, a new letter of intent, and my new lovely noa2.(he already has everything else).

I was concerned when I read about "originals" for the g-325a and the I-129f petition, I sent those in b/c they needed to see the signatures-that were in blue ink of course!!!!! I made 2 copies of everything I submitted.

I am going to save this post-cause I was about to double-check and see what he will need. You literally read my mind(sorry you had to see what's in there) :lol:

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

motu, I strongly disagree!

While we were allowed to submit photocopies of our evidence (submitted forms are always originals), we had to produce the original evidence at our interviews. The originals were inspected, and the copies were stamped 'originals seen' or similar. The originals were then handed back to us.

I think your post is very confusing!

Oh my goodness, REALLY?!?!? this whole time I was fretting over sending my naturalization certificate over nothing!! lol some people were posting that i indeed did have to send everything original. (sigh) thanks motu!

PS: YOU should really confirm this, preferably with your Consulate.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

motu, I strongly disagree!

While we were allowed to submit photocopies of our evidence (submitted forms are always originals), we had to produce the original evidence at our interviews. The originals were inspected, and the copies were stamped 'originals seen' or similar. The originals were then handed back to us.

I think your post is very confusing!

PS: YOU should really confirm this, preferably with your Consulate.

Indeed.. the originals of our documents (BC's) were also requested by the Consular Officer...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.