AlwaysBelieve

Do Not Marry A Man From Nigeria! They Are Very Violent People....

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I went to Nigeria in 2012 and married my husband. He was wonderful and loving when I was in Nigeria and I felt like the luckiest women alive. I worked really hard to get him home as I got pregnant while in Nigeria. I got my husband home in 10 months without out an attorney. The very next day he was home in America this other person came out of him. To make a long story short, he begin to first verbally abused me, then came the threats of physical harm and finally the physical harm. I called the police for a year in a half and finally I was give a protective order against him and he is not allowed to see our son. I never new a man could be so violent as I grew up in a loving, caring home. This man is truly the devil himself, I have no doubt. My attorney and I are now working to get a emergency immigration haring so have him deported back to his country. We are just waiting to hear back from immigration.

Be careful women when marrying men from Africa for my friends tells me they are all violent. But i would not marry anyone from Nigeria unless you want to suffer. I know that all men from Nigeria is not violent but they are few and far apart. PLEASE BEWARE AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL...

This is a total fallacy of hasty generalization- (Be careful women when marrying men from Africa for my friends tell me they are all violent). It's so bad to hear what's going on in your relationship, but am not surprised your marriage has fallen on rocks, I think it's all because of the bad mind or misconception you have about African men (I think African people in general), that alone would let you have no trust for any African man, and this would be the outcome! OH AFRICA, HMM....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ManCharsey has said it all, IMO people should think before they write, yes it it is true Nigerians has some sort of unpleasant reputation but there are a whole lot of good Nigerians out there, including me. The OP's marriage did not work out with the Nigerian husband does not mean it will not work out with others married to Nigerians.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.