Lui&Moi

April 2014 Aos Filers

1,390 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

Today my green card interview was improved.We are so happy and feel relieved. I would like to say thank you to Visajourney. We did AOS on our own, and this website has helped a lot me and my husband on this long journey.

Also, I would like to share some experiences which I got from our interview to you guys.

Our interview went easily. The interviewer asked some questions:

1, Had my husband/I married ?

2, How did we met?

3, How long have we met?

4, When did we get married?

5, What am I doing? Where am I living? when did I move in my husband's house?

6, He asked me questions of the last section about terrorist,...( of course, I am not)

He also went over information such as when/where was my last entry to U.S.A.

Then he checked all documents which we sent to Chicago and which I bought to the interview.

Thank you to Visajourney again and good luck to all you guys.

Hi everybody,

Today my green card interview was improved.We are so happy and feel relieved. I would like to say thank you to Visajourney. We did AOS on our own, and this website has helped a lot me and my husband on this long journey.

Also, I would like to share some experiences which I got from our interview to you guys.

Our interview went easily. The interviewer asked some questions:

1, Had my husband/I married ?

2, How did we met?

3, How long have we met?

4, When did we get married?

5, What am I doing? Where am I living? when did I move in my husband's house?

6, He asked me questions of the last section about terrorist,...( of course, I am not)

He also went over information such as when/where was my last entry to U.S.A.

Then he checked all documents which we sent to Chicago and which I bought to the interview.

Thank you to Visajourney again and good luck to all you guys.

Congrats!

04/05/2013....Married my wife (US citizen) (L)

03/31/2014....Sent out I-485, I-130 & I-765 package via FedEx (00)

04/02/2014....Package received by Chicago lockbox (day 01)

04/08/2014....Date on the NOAs (day 07)

04/11/2014....Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 05/09/2014 (day 10)

05/09/2014....Biometrics done (day 38)

05/19/2014....Online status for I-485 changed to "Testing and Interview" (day 48)

06/16/2014....Service Request on "Approaching Regulatory Time Frame"(ARTF), advised to wait 2 more weeks (day 76)

06/23/2014....Got "ARTF" Service Request letter. Expect to receive decision or NOA within 60 days of 06/19/2014 (day 83)

06/29/2014....Scheduled infopass appointment for 07/14/2014 (day 89)

06/30/2014....Service Request on "Beyond Regulatory Time Frame"(BRTF). Expect notification within 5 days (day 90)

07/02/2014....Mailed appointment notice for interview for August 7, 2014 (day 92)

07/08/2014....Received hard copy of appointment notice for interview (day 98)

07/08/2014....Got "BRTF" Service Request letter. Expect to receive decision or NOA within 60 days of 07/02/2014 (day 98)

07/10/2014....Online status for I-765 changed to "Card/Document Production" (day 100)

07/14/2014....skipped infopass appointment (day 104)

07/16/2014....EAD mailed to my address. USPS picked up EAD from USCIS at 2:01pm. Expected delivery, 7/18/2014! (day 106)

07/18/2014....EAD in mail. Online status updated for delivery (day 108) :dancing:

07/21/2014....Applied for SSN at SSA. Will receive card within 2 weeks (day 111)

07/22/2014....Received SSN from SSA, while I wait to receive card (day 112) :dancing:

07/23/2014....Resumed at my new job (day 113) :dancing:

07/26/2014....SSC in mail (day 116) :dancing:

We have our interview on Thursday, and we had a meeting with the lawyer to go over what we should take with us to the interview. We will be going to the interview with our lawyer. This is the list of documents she wants us to take:

- interview letter

- original docs ( birth certificates and marriage license)

- ID's with same address, my passports, EAD

- bank statements from our joint bank account and credit card

- our lease

- insurance policies together (health, rental, life)

- copies of utility bills

- album photo with pics covering our relationship

- cards exchanged

- some e-mails exchanged at the beginning of our relationship

- also she will take a copy of the file she submitted

She also advise us to know the basic info about each other and each other parents; think of how we met, when we decided to get married, etc

I hope this help.

Dear Fellow April filers,

I have a few questions for those of you who've already completed the AOS interview as well as those who may have knowledge regarding what I ask.

First of all, my interview is this coming Friday, August 1 and I need clarification with regards to the documents that I need to take with me.

1. On the checklist, the USCIS requests "(unless already submitted) completed Affidavit(s) of support with all required evidence." - When we mailed the initial AOS documents, we did submit completed Affidavits of support (I-864) for both the petitioner and a cosponsor. Therefore, my question has to do with the "unless already submitted" clause. Does this mean that we don't have to take two new I-864s since the USCIS already has them?

P.S.: My spouse has changed jobs over this period and now earns more than what was earned when we first mailed the docs. Also, since receiving my EAD, I've gotten a job that pays around $35K a year. So do we have to take a new Affidavit to the interview or not?

2. The USCIS also requests Original and Copy of all supporting documents submitted with the application. Does this mean that I have to once again fill out all the forms I mailed them, i.e.: I-485, I-765, G325A, I-864, as well as our joint lease agreement, our joint bank account, our joint car insurance and the photos we submitted?

Would appreciate whatever response I can generate. Thanks in advance.

F-1 to LPR

Day 0 - 04/03/2014 - Package (concurrent I-{130/AOS/EAD} ) sent to Chicago with USPS

Day 1 - 04/05/2014 - Delivered!!!

Day 5 - 04/07/2014 - "Acceptance confirmation received for entire forms & routed to NBC" was sent via email.

Day 9 - 04/12/2014 - NOA for I-{130/AOS/EAD} Received.

Day 15 - 04/18/2014 - NOA for Biometrics appointment Received.

Day 26 -04/29/2014- RFE for I-485 received

Day 39 - 05/12/2014 - Responded to RFE

Day 39 - 05/12/2014- Biometrics app completed.

Day 55 - 05/28/2014 - I-485 status changed to "testing & interview" on USCIS website.

Day 74 - 06/16/2014 - Received email & text from USCIS about the shipment of Employment Authorization Card.

Day 75 - 06/17/2014 - Card in hand!!

Day 83 - 06/25/2014- Interview letter mailed. Interview scheduled for August 1.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My EAD finally came, and scheduled for inter this August 26. Excited and a little bit nervous about the interview and confused on what to bring. ( esp the copy of medical examination and affidavit of support if it still needed on the interview). Please, I'll be glad for your suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

So our interview was today. Pretty basic stuff but the officer interviewing us was literally falling asleep in front of us. He had a real poker face too which made it all the more stressful. At the end they told us to come back with a completed medical form. I thought this would have been dealt with during the processing of the paperwork but it wasnt. So far i've called like a dozen civil surgeons my area looking for one that doesnt require a full medical but no luck so far. We just need one shot and a transcription but everyone wants us to do a full medical. Was hoping for approval but now i guess we have to wait a little bit longer. Very bummed and stressed out.

Also I kind of knew that this would be an issue but thought we were good since nothing came up. We never got a copy of the medical form back at POE so we had no idea what vaccinations were missing!

Edited by PabloGarcia

Citizenship:

Service Center: Online
CIS Office :         San Diego CA
Date Filed :         2018-07-13
NOA Date :         2018-07-20
Bio. Appt. :         2018-07-31
Interview Date:  2018-04-12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

My EAD finally came, and scheduled for inter this August 26. Excited and a little bit nervous about the interview and confused on what to bring. ( esp the copy of medical examination and affidavit of support if it still needed on the interview). Please, I'll be glad for your suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Congrats on your EAD approval! For your interview take whatever you originally filed and any new evidence that you have gathered along the way! Better to have more than less! Good luck you :)

Timeline

That you so much. Yes we will. Im just wondering if I still need to have a vaccination. I think i am missing one but they did not inform me if I really needed it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

That you so much. Yes we will. Im just wondering if I still need to have a vaccination. I think i am missing one but they did not inform me if I really needed it.

If you are missing a required vaccination shot then go get it before your interview! you don't wanna take any chances with the interviewers. Good luck.

i don't get it. your signature says u already have an interview letter.

edit: nevermind figured it out. it was for your biometrics.

from what i gather Newark is slow as hell. we're still waiting on interview letter too.

same here my wife did bio on 05-30-14 in Elizabeth. Received EAD/AP on 07-14-14. Still waiting on update on AOS.

Timeline

same here my wife did bio on 05-30-14 in Elizabeth. Received EAD/AP on 07-14-14. Still waiting on update on AOS.

Oh wow! We almost had the same time frame, do you guys still waiting for the interview schedule?

If you are missing a required vaccination shot then go get it before your interview! you don't wanna take any chances with the interviewers. Good luck.

Thank you. Do you any place to get the vaccination? I only need one shot for measles.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

waiting for our interview on thursday! nerves are starting to kick in!

August 2007: Met husband

September 2007: Officially started dating

December 2008: Married

September 2009: welcomed our first son

October 2010: welcomed our second son

March 2014: husband became a US citizen

April 12th 2014: sent My AOS packet

April 14th 2014: AOS packet delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

April 24th 2014: received NOAs for I-130,I-765, I-485

April 26th 2014: received biometrics notice for 05-13-2014

May 13th 2014: Biometrics completed succesfully

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There is nothing to worry about, if your marriage is not sham. They ask basic questions like your or his parents would ask about each other when and how did you meet. Like it says in the previous posts USCIS officers asked very basic question that anyone can answer if the marriage is bona fide. Basic documents that I will be bringing are as follows.

joint lease agreement, any previous lease agreement if possible it might help to establish the length of your relationship.

joint bank accounts

pictures of you as a couple with each others family if they are in the US

auto insurance cards

birth certificate of you and your spouse (original)

birth certificate of your child together (original)

utility bills, cell phone bills or any other bill which has both of your name

divorce decree from your state if previously divorced.

if possible take copies conversation between your spouse and your family member.

If you bring all of the above mentioned documents, you will be fine. USCIS officers are very well trained to identify sham or real marriage.

Good Luck for your interview and kindly share your experience once you get thru.

Edited by click2ali

04/21/2014 sent out I-485, I-130, I-765

04/22/2014 Package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

04/29/2014 Receive NOA

05/07/2014 Receive Notice to appear at application support center Houston, Tx

05/27/2014 Finger prints and picture done at application support center

07/03/2014 Case status on I-485 application change to Testing and Interview

07/08/2014 Interview scheduled for August 7th 2014

07/11/2014 EAD Card/Document Production

07/17/2014 Received email and text Card/Document Shipped (EAD) at 8.00 am07/17/2014 Received email and text stating that they have mailed notice of approval for my employment authorization.

07/22/2014 EAD card in hands

Timeline

There is nothing to worry about, if your marriage is not sham. They ask basic questions like your or his parents would ask about each other when and how did you meet. Like it says in the previous posts USCIS officers asked very basic question that anyone can answer if the marriage is bona fide. Basic documents that I will be bringing are as follows.

joint lease agreement, any previous lease agreement if possible it might help to establish the length of your relationship.

joint bank accounts

auto insurance cards

if possible take copies conversation between your spouse and your family member.

If you bring all of the above mentioned documents, you will be fine. USCIS officers are very well trained to identify sham or real marriage.

Good Luck for your interview and kindly share your experience once you get thru.

joint bank accounts

auto insurance cards

joint bank accounts

auto insurance cards

Timeline

Thank you so much for your advise. Your inspiring message gave me more confidence on the interview as what you said as long as it is bonafide we have nothing to worry.

Timeline

So our interview was today. Pretty basic stuff but the officer interviewing us was literally falling asleep in front of us. He had a real poker face too which made it all the more stressful. At the end they told us to come back with a completed medical form. I thought this would have been dealt with during the processing of the paperwork but it wasnt. So far i've called like a dozen civil surgeons my area looking for one that doesnt require a full medical but no luck so far. We just need one shot and a transcription but everyone wants us to do a full medical. Was hoping for approval but now i guess we have to wait a little bit longer. Very bummed and stressed out.

Also I kind of knew that this would be an issue but thought we were good since nothing came up. We never got a copy of the medical form back at POE so we had no idea what vaccinations were missing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.