1,412 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for the head's up.

May i ask for a brief experience sharing for medicals done in Delhi.

Over all a good experience. This facility does medical for couple of other countries as well. Just head straight towards the basement when you reach the hospital. When I was there today very few people were present. The only time I had to wait was when I went in for my X Ray. People in the basement do the paper work for immigration for all countries. Hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes it does help.

Did they ask for previous medical history, what were their questions, iam a bit confused how to discuss previous medical history,

for example: I had fell down playing and had stitches on my hand, but do I really need to tell all of that?

Thanks for the head's up.
May i ask for a brief experience sharing for medicals done in Delhi.

Over all a good experience. This facility does medical for couple of other countries as well. Just head straight towards the basement when you reach the hospital. When I was there today very few people were present. The only time I had to wait was when I went in for my X Ray. People in the basement do the paper work for immigration for all countries. Hope this helps.

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My tax preparer sent me my amended 2013 tax papers through the mail and he filed married filing jointly. He placed my husband's ITIN in place of the social security number. I don't think that's correct but I'd like some input before I approach him about it And before I send it to the dept. of treasury. Anyone?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My tax preparer sent me my amended 2013 tax papers through the mail and he filed married filing jointly. He placed my husband's ITIN in place of the social security number. I don't think that's correct but I'd like some input before I approach him about it And before I send it to the dept. of treasury. Anyone?

I think that is correct. If your spouse is not going to have an SSN so you have to put ITIN. Im in a limbo because I dont have ITIN for my wife and too late to file using that so MY CPA has put NRA where you have to put SSN. I know how confusing this is. The IRS doesn't make it clear as to how you file your taxes when you going through the I-130 process.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats Holly Day!!!

You made it..... :dance:

Thanks and you too!

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

what did you put down for your spouse's SSN since im assuming your spouse doesnt have an ssn....

When I selected the check boxes in filing status for spouse, TaxAct put NRA in SSN field.

Check here if you lived apart from your spouse the entire year

Check here if your spouse is a Nonresident Alien and is not required to have an SSN or ITIN

Timeline

I think that is correct. If your spouse is not going to have an SSN so you have to put ITIN. Im in a limbo because I dont have ITIN for my wife and too late to file using that so MY CPA has put NRA where you have to put SSN. I know how confusing this is. The IRS doesn't make it clear as to how you file your taxes when you going through the I-130 process.

Thank you for that. I've tried calling the IRS about this before and a nasty woman transferred me mid-sentence without saying hold on or anything then the line disconnected. I'm going to include the amended tax forms in the folder I put together for my husband and send it off Monday and the 1040x to the IRS. Was just waiting for the amended version to arrive and a little clarity. Appreciate the help.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes it does help.

Did they ask for previous medical history, what were their questions, iam a bit confused how to discuss previous medical history,

for example: I had fell down playing and had stitches on my hand, but do I really need to tell all of that?

well I did carry my medical report with me. She did ask me if I was on any medication and why? My medical reports were recent ( like 1 year when I was hospitalised in US). You had a fall when u were a kid so it doesn't matter. Enjoy ur medical..

@dwheels76 giggling about you tellin' us to calm down and BREATHE. You're so sweet and reassuring (and monster helpful!). It helps just to read you!

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Thank you for that. I've tried calling the IRS about this before and a nasty woman transferred me mid-sentence without saying hold on or anything then the line disconnected. I'm going to include the amended tax forms in the folder I put together for my husband and send it off Monday and the 1040x to the IRS. Was just waiting for the amended version to arrive and a little clarity. Appreciate the help.

If the foreign spouse does not have a SSN you can file married filing separately and put NRA (Non Resident Alien) in the SSN box. That way you don't have to wait for an IITN etc. All you would need to do is bring along a copy of the 1040x that your spouse files with the amendment.

Edited by TYorke1

No it's not correct. Married filing separately with NRA in the SNN box is correct.

What about married filing jointly...can that be NRA?

No. Jointly you need an SSN or ITIN. It's so much easier to do MFS and use NRA. That way you don't need to apply for a ITIN which takes ages.

Timeline

No. Jointly you need an SSN or ITIN. It's so much easier to do MFS and use NRA. That way you don't need to apply for a ITIN which takes ages.

My husband already has an ITIN, we didn't have to apply for one.

My husband already has an ITIN, we didn't have to apply for one.

Fair enough. That's the way to go for you guys then. If there is no ITIN then MFS/NRA is the way forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.