banjoruth

Nervous fiance.

37 posts in this topic

We have spent a total of two weeks together. 1 week in December and 1 week in January. We met online in November.

We spend about 2 hours a day on skype. I am planning another trip in June, but we want to get the paperwork started now.

Technically speaking, you're good with the I-129f requirements of meeting in person within the last 2 years. However, CO's discretion matters more in checking the authenticity of your relationship considering you guys met very recently prior to 129f filing. It will certainly make a difference that you be present during her interview than using the money for lawyer or other visa support services.

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

idk about your story but is pretty normal to be nervous just talk to her Skype her call her or surprise her going there a couple of days before her interview ! if u can go with her to the interview she will feel a lot better ! look up some question they usually do in her country for k1 interviews and read it with he, practice everyday and help her to gather all the extra evidence that she wants to take to the interview !! don't worry show her ur confidence about the case and tell her to come join vj too and read the guides !

good luck :thumbs:

"I Wish You Were Here"

Journey :clock:

Met on 2011

travel together back to my country on sept 2012

got married October 12th, 2012

hubby tried living in Panama but it was hard to get use to

he left on Nov 2012

Apply on March 2013

PD March 19th, 2013

Transferred to Nebraska SC Nov 08 2013

Contacted congressman on Jan 2014

Sent an email to NSC on Jan 8th 2014

Last update on our case was on Jan 31st 2014 :(

Place 2 e-request on March 2014 :ranting:

Contacted another congressman March 28TH 2014

NOA2 28th March 2014 yeahhhh babyyyyy :dancing:

Your I-130 was approved in 374 days from your NOA1 date.

Got NOA2 Hard Copy March 31st 2014 :thumbs:

File got to NVC on April 14th .. waiting for a case number still

MAY 19 got case number

Paid AOS fee May 21st

Filed DS 260 July 6th, now is on us to get all the documents :)

Sent AOS package and IV on June

NVC RECEIVES PACKAGE ON JULY 22

We got a check list saying my IV package is not there :/??? SEPT 15TH 2014

MEDICAL EXAM OCTOBER 13TH

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED NOVEMBER 6TH 2014.

POE DEC 1ST 2014

NO GREEN CARD YET

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

It's only natural for your fiancee to be getting cold feet. It can be a confusing process even for the most educated of people.

But, they key here is: lots of reading and lots of research, which sounds like you are doing. At the very least, have your fiancee spend a few hours on VJ, read the wikis, and all the 'How To' guides about filing etc. Hopefully she will realize that the resources, information, details and knowledge available here are more than sufficient for a successful DIY process without the need of a lawyer.

We are now on our third encounter with USCIS doing naturalization. In the past 3-4 years we did the CR-1 process, then the removal of conditions, and now naturalization. We never used a lawyer and I'm happy to report, we pretty much sailed through the process. We relied heavily on VJ information to ensure we were doing the right things, not forgetting any documents etc. and it all worked out great.

I do have an acquaintance who is using a lawyer to try to bring her husband over to the US from India. From what she's told me, her lawyer sounds like a crook. Constantly lying to her (I know because the things he's telling her are in direct contrast with what all of us VJers know to be true from experience), misleading her, giving wrong information and what have you. And she's paying him a hefty amount for the privilege of feeding her BS. Of course I can't say much to her because she trusts him and I cannot claim I'm an 'expert', but I can tell she's being given the runaround from this guy, and she doesn't even realize. So, like others have said, the fact that you use a lawyer does not mean anything in itself.

All the above said, with one caveat: if your case has red flags, then yes, it's probably a good idea to use a qualified immigration attorney with good recommendations. Some suggestions have been made by other VJers and I'd second them. If, however, your case is fairly straightforward (and it sounds like it), using a lawyer could very well be a waste of money. And yes, do attend her interview if you can. It will make a difference to her and to the CO.

Edited by Christi85

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

As you said it is your love story and I think that will come through when she interviews.

My wife also suggested that we hire a lawyer and you are correct. They charge for mailing the package...plain and simple.

I highly suggest that she is not coached as this will show during the interview in my opinion.

Just tell her to be truthful and relax. This is my second time going through this process and my first wife stated that the

night before the interview, she just took a mind journey into how we met and all the time we spent together and it made her

more relaxed. Granted I am now divorced from her now, but that is what she did.

Telling her not to be nervous will probably not calm her down, but please pass along my suggestion on not hiring a lawyer

and we here in VJ will help you and her alone during the process. We are here for you both and I wish you a speedy journey.

R&W

that is a lot of money for consultation and for vietnam. tell our fiance that all she needs to be is honest during the interview. she will not be asked how good her education is or if how much money she has. she will be asked simple questions about our relationship and her intentions. she is not alone, there are hundreds who are feeling the same way she is simply because they don't know what to expect. what she should be nervous about is if she has all her documents ready, payments ready, -all requirements for the interview. trust me, after the interview, she'll be okay.

Hello again, I am almost finished preparing my K-1 visa forms and photos...

The problem is, my fiancé in Vietnam is very nervous about this whole process. I have talked to her about this web site and the fact that we are fine preparing this ourselves and with the help of visajourney.

She made an appointment with a lawyer and they filled her head full of doubt. They told her they would walk her through the whole process from start to visa approval for $2,000. I told her I am doing all the work, and a lawyer will basically proof read our packet and mail. At a cost of $2,000

She is worried about her interview and believes she will say something wrong. I have told her it is all about the truth and us. That we will keep the whole process simple and honest. She is terrified that we will make a mistake and cost us another year or more apart. The lawyer has told her that she can help coach her for the interview. I am frustrated about this.

I would much rather spend our money on another visit, and preparing for our lives together.

Any words of encouragement for her? Any ideas how to comfort her on the interview process? Our case is simple and straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. Just two people who fell in love 7,000 miles apart.

Thank you so much for any suggestions.

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

If she wants pay this money, tell her: pay by herself , don't fall in her nervous playing. If she has a extra money to pay for this part of the visa let she does. at least lawyers should earn money for their life by this kind people .

Do not pay for her , let she does by herself. The money will be her money by her bank account not yours ,she can decide about it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not sure if the interview process is different in different countries, but I can tell you this much. Our interview lasted all of about 3 minutes. The lady asked us where and how we met, a couple other trivial things, and then I think a trick question. Because she asked my wife about the state I lived in and where we were going to live, and then she said she didn't know much about that state and used the wrong state name. My wife looked a little confused for a second and then said, NO, it's [this state], not [that one]. Then the lady smiled and said congratulations, I am approving your visa. It was that simple. You can read the entire thing if you want to look at my profile, but there isn't that much more to it.

Hope that helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.