missing_tulips

VISA ON HAND BUT?????

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Wow, just wow. I can't believe people who do this. I am sorry your husband is treating you this way, but I don't know why you think you have the right to move here with a spousal visa when the two of you know that you aren't going to be together anymore. That is the point of that visa. If you want to move to the U.S., then get a different kind of visa, one that fits your purpose of coming here...

Edited by BirdyGirl85
VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

50% inaccurate. You don't need consent but you do need a signature.

Either party can file for a divorce without the other but for a divorce to be legal in the US both parties have to sign it. This can be done willingly or with a court order.

You don't need a signature to file for divorce. As long you the petitioner has a proof that the respondent was served, even if the respondent did not return the divorce paper back, the court will still grant it

OMG!! I'm so sorry about that cray5ol.gif It's really so sad that this happens to you because I can't imagine how happy and excited you were when your visa got approved and thinking of coming here in the US after all the waiting in this long processing. In my opinion, It's really not good for you to come here if you are not gonna be with your husband. I got also a spouse visa like you. When I arrived at the port of entry, the immigration officer asked me of my purpose in entering the US and of course my answer is TO BE WITH MY HUSBAND. It's so hard to lie and commit fraud here in the US, trust me it's very scary. We need to be honest in our immigration process to avoid deportation and forever be banned in entering here. From applying LPR to Citizenship, they need you to submit proofs of your relationship of living together based on marriage, documents like joint accounts, joint income tax returns, photos, birth certificates if you have children together, utility bills with both your names etc...And it's really hard to be an illegal immigrant here, you cannot drive and work freely. It's sad to have that kind of husband that treats you like that, it hurts but life must go on. You will really have a peace of mind if everything is done the right and legal way. I just wish you the best of luck. Don't forget to pray God and ask His guidance in this times of trials. I wish you the best and hoping you will meet the right man for you and be happy forever with him. God bless :)

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

gk90m4.png

Filed: Timeline

That's not what I meant. For a fast no fault divorce both parties need to sign. Some states don't have no fault divorce.

I never said a signature is needed to file a divorce.

Yes it is possible to divorce without a signature from one party. Cases of absentia are usually granted when you have no idea where the spouse is or they never responded to the court papers. The papers are served and generally after two years of no response you need to publish ads in the local paper where the souse was last seen. If no response the court will grant a divorce. In some states this can be done much faster than 2 years or it can be granted very fast if the spouse is in prison which is where the OP will be going if she commits visa fraud.

Edited by Todd&Hanh

Now i feel sad. Me and myhusband lived togrther in Kuwait for two years until finally we decided to move to US. We applied for spousal visa last june 2013. Worst thing happened he went back to US from Kuwait while me and our son went back to Philippines, how sad thst this girl have a spousal visa on her hand but the marriage was over. But for people like me here waiting for months for our visa to be with our husband is still here hsnging,hoping, praying.

i can not give you an advice, we dont know the real story behind, the story could be , oh i gotmy VISA, i dont need you anymore...because the truth is. No man can be as angry as that without any reason

im sorry my kabayan.

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

sounds like shes's setting herself up for VAWA long before she arrives. My my my...kids start so early these days

Edited by mimolicious

First of all i would like to thank you all with your comment reactions here. yes we have a daughter she's going 4 yrs. old and she's a dual citizen. i already talked the immigration lawyer from new york.

sounds like shes's setting herself up for VAWA long before she arrives. My my my...kids start so early these days

Yes this is what the lawyer says about me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes this is what the lawyer says about me.

I lol'd.

VAWA is for people who come here and are abused. Since you're not in the US and have no reason now to come to the US, this isn't an option. Neither should you want to come to the US to put yourself into an abusive situation.

...because it's not just all about the green card, right?

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You have no reason to come to the US and lots of reasons not to come. If you attempt to come there is a good chance you are already flagged in the computers by your husband since you are not planning on uniting with him and he may have already filed for divorce. If you come you can't claim VAWA since you never lived with him or were around him in the US.

And your daughter can't do anything immigration wise until she turns 21.

Edited by belinda63

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.