11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi..

My wife went for her interview and was denied visa.. I'm attaching the document they gave her.

Please help me understand what is going on.. THEY ALSO KEPT HER PASSPORT. (not sure if that's a good sign.)

post-178334-0-22156600-1395455383_thumb.png

1. How long it will take after i sent the requested documents?

2. Does this mean she is in AP?

3. If not in AP, does it mean she still has a chance of going to AP?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi..

My wife went for her interview and was denied visa.. I'm attaching the document they gave her.

Please help me understand what is going on.. THEY ALSO KEPT HER PASSPORT. (not sure if that's a good sign.)

attachicon.gif221(g).png

You need to provide what they are asking for. Not sure how long it will take. It seems that she is not in administrative processing yet, as you have been denied. If they accept your documents, perhaps then you will go into AP.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

1. I don't think anyone can answer that, but other cases from Pakistan could give you a rough idea.

2. No, you're not in AP. You were denied and need to get a joint sponsor.

3. Yes, you still have a chance of going to AP. Probably a really good chance, since Pakistan is a tough consulate.

April 27, 2016: I-751 mailed

May 2: I-751 received

May ??? NOA1

May 12: Check cashed

May 31: Biometrics appointment scheduled

June 1: Biometrics appointment letter arrives!

June 2: Biometrics walk-in

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks for the quick replies..

i recently started my job in November.. I had sent a job letter. I guess i'll just get a joint sponsor. I also just checked the status online..

what is this??

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

I guess the case is in AP.. it says several weeks.. any one know a rough time??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is just an objection. you need to find a co-sponsor (s/he can be anyone) and the rest of the documents that the counselor has requested. You are not under AP; once the documents are submitted, they will give you a new date to appear for another interview.

TC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Please submit the said documents strictly in accordance with the instructions. Don't leave any loophole there.

And I would further add that you are in AP until you complete the formalities because the passport was NOT returned. They are just awaiting the documents and want to see the financial stability.

And i hope you will not have to undergo AP after that. The sooner you start, the sooner you submit documents. But please follow instructions strictly.

Good Luck

Hi..

attachicon.gif221(g).png

My then fiancé`, who is now my husband, back in 2010, was denied his fiancé` visa, was given a blue sheet, and was told it was my income, I had a co-sponsor, my son, but I was told Consulate didn't look at his income.

My husband was given a hard time due to our age diff, far apart in age.....

When this happened I felt like poop!!....I thought having co-sponsor would help us, and we also had a lawyer, who looked over all our paperwork, put her stamp of

approval that everything looked very good, even with co-sponsor, things should go well!!......oops !!!....

This made us down, but it didn't break us,

We have been together 4 years, and this April 2nd will be married 1 year!!!

Our I-130 is in process right now!! and I pray everyday that we get approved!!!!

I'm wishing you and yours the best for everything!!!..

My Kind Regards To you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi..

attachicon.gif221(g).png

You don't make enough money to support an additional person. Your visa has been denied.

If you can find someone who will be willing to take on the responsibilities of being a joint sponsor, you need to submit everything that is asked for on the 221g.

Then and only then will they re-evaluate your petition. There is probably a limited time frame that you need to submit the additional information by but I don't know what it is off the top of my head.

You are not in AP. Your visa is not moving forward and is currently denied. You need to do what it say on the letter, exactly.

Remember they kept her passport. That's always a good sign in my opinion.

Nope.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks for the quick replies..

i recently started my job in November.. I had sent a job letter. I guess i'll just get a joint sponsor. I also just checked the status online..

what is this??

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

I guess the case is in AP.. it says several weeks.. any one know a rough time??

"Administrative processing" is a catch-all term that can mean anything. The AP you're asking about is actually additional extensive background checks. She's not in that kind of AP, yet. The AP she's in just means they are waiting to evaluate the response from you, if any. Make sure you read their letter carefully and completely and comply with all details.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.