TeddyB

March 2014 i-130 filers

932 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

this is too long, is this a normal for the nvc to send the embassy letter after this long time?

From what I can tell our experience is pretty normal for Cairo. It used to be a lot worse.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Filed: Timeline

i am on the same boat sailing to nebraska,i have read about how slow this journey will take,my priority date is march 16.i pray it should get to my turn as quick as possible

i am on the same boat sailing to nebraska,i have read about how slow this journey will take,my priority date is march 16.i pray it should get to my turn as quick as possible

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Can anybody help with my question, USCIS sent my approved I-130 to NVC on march 10th, I called nvc today, got my case number and invoice number, I also selected an agent. the agent from NVC said to wait for my invoice before paying the AOS fee. on the CEAC its highlighted for me to pay the fee although without the amount showing, can i go ahead and pay it or should i wait ?

Timeline

Can anybody help with my question, USCIS sent my approved I-130 to NVC on march 10th, I called nvc today, got my case number and invoice number, I also selected an agent. the agent from NVC said to wait for my invoice before paying the AOS fee. on the CEAC its highlighted for me to pay the fee although without the amount showing, can i go ahead and pay it or should i wait ?

u just need to wait for the AOS fees to be unlocked so u can pay it.. or u can call them again after couple days so they can unlock it for u.

have some patience my dear friend :)

Timeline

u just need to wait for the AOS fees to be unlocked so u can pay it.. or u can call them again after couple days so they can unlock it for u.

have some patience my dear friend :)

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, guys I am back. Ready to continue with our process!!.. We decided to continue the process by ourselves, and without the lawyer like you suggested!... So, now that we have the receipt and ID numbers from NVC, I am confused as far as choosing an agent first? Do we call NVC and tell them that we don't have a lawyer anymore, and then pay the fees? or pay the fees first and then call NVC? When do we choose the agent? Thanks in advance!!

Timeline

Okay, guys I am back. Ready to continue with our process!!.. We decided to continue the process by ourselves, and without the lawyer like you suggested!... So, now that we have the receipt and ID numbers from NVC, I am confused as far as choosing an agent first? Do we call NVC and tell them that we don't have a lawyer anymore, and then pay the fees? or pay the fees first and then call NVC? When do we choose the agent? Thanks in advance!!

As i recall.. Choosing an agent is through filling form ds 260. I think u should fill that form first and then call the nvc to confirm that u dont have a lawyer anymore then pay the iv fees after that.

Good luck my dear :)

Timeline

More questions that i have, i plan to package all the forms for onward mailing to the NVC, can i have my wife scan all thos documents required of her to me to print out, does the nvc accept scanned document, and the forms that the beneficiary completes, does that require wet signature, im trying to see if I can help my wife complete those forms here by myself ? and lastly the letter of employment, can that be addressed to 'To whom it may concern" or it need to be addressed to the NVC ? please i will appreciate if anyone can help with this

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As i recall.. Choosing an agent is through filling form ds 260. I think u should fill that form first and then call the nvc to confirm that u dont have a lawyer anymore then pay the iv fees after that.

Good luck my dear :)

Thank you! But I am confused. I thought I could only access the form by paying the fees, no?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I need your help.

Good news, I finally received my interview date, May 7th!

Not so good, financial evidence is the only item in the list showing as I (Incomplete) therefore I will have to take a new form. We have dumped our lawyer last week as he is a complete mess, has been ignoring our emails 3 weeks away from the interview and we are not risking it as he has let us down several times throughout our case.

So I will once again need to fill out the I-864 form, one for my husband, and one for the joint sponsor. My question is, do you fill out two separate forms? one for the main sponsor and same for joint sponsor (obviously mentioning it is the joint sponsor). We have requested from my husband's aunt her last three tax filings, last 6 paystubs, letter confirming she is currently employed at that company and proof of US citizenship. For my husband the same, last 2 yrs of taxes, paystubs for January (not currently working as he had a car accident and is still in recovery, thus the joint sponsor) and proof of US Domicile.

I would appreciate any advice, all other documents have been received by the embassy so I will only be taking the financial evidence form and supporting docs. I will also take originals for the documents that I originally sent to the NVC just in case.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

I need your help.

Good news, I finally received my interview date, May 7th!

Not so good, financial evidence is the only item in the list showing as I (Incomplete) therefore I will have to take a new form. We have dumped our lawyer last week as he is a complete mess, has been ignoring our emails 3 weeks away from the interview and we are not risking it as he has let us down several times throughout our case.

So I will once again need to fill out the I-864 form, one for my husband, and one for the joint sponsor. My question is, do you fill out two separate forms? one for the main sponsor and same for joint sponsor (obviously mentioning it is the joint sponsor). We have requested from my husband's aunt her last three tax filings, last 6 paystubs, letter confirming she is currently employed at that company and proof of US citizenship. For my husband the same, last 2 yrs of taxes, paystubs for January (not currently working as he had a car accident and is still in recovery, thus the joint sponsor) and proof of US Domicile.

I would appreciate any advice, all other documents have been received by the embassy so I will only be taking the financial evidence form and supporting docs. I will also take originals for the documents that I originally sent to the NVC just in case.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear about your dead beat lawyer. My best advice to you is 1) Even if the NVC says they have everything else, take a copy just in case. Things have a habit of getting lost. 2) do a separate I-864 form for each person. And if you want to be safe, fill one for each person and a joint one. That way if they say one way is wrong, you have the other way already there and complete. Basically I had my wife take a duplicate package of everything we sent to the NVC and the USCIS just in case.

I hope that helps

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your dead beat lawyer. My best advice to you is 1) Even if the NVC says they have everything else, take a copy just in case. Things have a habit of getting lost. 2) do a separate I-864 form for each person. And if you want to be safe, fill one for each person and a joint one. That way if they say one way is wrong, you have the other way already there and complete. Basically I had my wife take a duplicate package of everything we sent to the NVC and the USCIS just in case.

I hope that helps

Good luck!

Thanks, you wont believe the drama with our lawyer. It's hard to believe that people with no work ethic at all call themselves lawyers. We will sue once we are back though, we have written proof of all he has put us through and delays he has caused due to his incompetence. Imagine, I called Friday and as usual his secretary was giving me excuses as she has for the last 18 months as to why he cant take a call, she put me on hold and while I was on hold I was talking to my husband and told him "this is bullshit". I mean, I have all the reasons to be irritated, and I wasnt saying anything to her. She comes back on the line "had me on mute" and says. "thank you for the bullshit comment". That was it for me and I told her how inappropriate of her to say that, I am still a customer and never offended her in anyway. They had been disrespecting us for over a year and I had paid for the services, with real money not monopoly bills. She gave me attitude and told me they would get back to me Monday as it was 5.40 and office was already closed.........My lawyer emails me, (after ignoring our emails for 7 days) saying that his secretary left the office in tears and that I had no right to do this....as you can see this is out of a movie, not even. I cant deal with these sort of clowns, not three weeks before my interview. It all comes down to that day, he has screwed with us enough and I cant let them mess this part up. All I need is the financial evidence form and I am certain I can do that alone without his "assistance".

Thanks again, I will make sure I gather as many docs as possible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Just to give an update, finally I've received NOA2 approval email :) after 1 year 19 days, grrrr!!!. I'm currently with my wife, been here for the past couple of months, I'll be going back at the end of this month and start the NVC process. To those who are still waiting, don't lose hope!

So what is the next step? is there any other thread to follow?

Thanks!

CR1 Visa

Embassy: Islamabad, Pakistan
08/14/2013 -- Marriage:

USCIS
03/25/2014 -- I130 Sent
03/26/2014 -- I130 Received
04/01/2014 -- I130 NOA1 and transferred (email)

04/03/2014 -- I130 NOA1 Hard copy (NSC) - Priority Date 03/27/2014

04/14/2015 -- I130 NOA2 (384 Days!!! - email received)

NVC
04/23/2015 -- NVC case received
04/19/2016 -- NVC case complete
06/06/2016 -- Interview scheduled

Embassy
XX-XX-2016 -- Medical -- Done
06-06-2016 -- Interview

**AP** because of passport pics not being of correct standards.
XX-XX-2016 -- Visa ISSUED!
XX-XX-2016 -- POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

hello people please help,my whife is us citizen we need to send i130 we want to be sure befire we send,we dont want risk,she need to send birth certificat ,dose she can make simply photocopy and send,is it ok no risk for rfe??? i need help ,your experiences??

Hi Guys,

Just to give an update, finally I've received NOA2 approval email :) after 1 year 19 days, grrrr!!!. I'm currently with my wife, been here for the past couple of months, I'll be going back at the end of this month and start the NVC process. To those who are still waiting, don't lose hope!

So what is the next step? is there any other thread to follow?

Thanks!

Congrats.. Hopefully the NVC goes smooth for you. There is a NVC thread that restarts every month monitored by Saylin... It's very helpful and She also has a Wikki page with helpful tips for the next steps. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

hello people please help,my whife is us citizen we need to send i130 we want to be sure befire we send,we dont want risk,she need to send birth certificat ,dose she can make simply photocopy and send,is it ok no risk for rfe??? i need help ,your experiences??

A photocopy is fine for this part.. But as a tip if you ever have any doubt on whether to send an original or photocopy during the process, send the original. In most cases a photocopy is fine, but an original never is wrong if that makes sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.