TeddyB

March 2014 i-130 filers

932 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

As I understand it you can, but it changes the requirements for the AOS and I don't know how you would make that change so close to the end. I suppose you would need to base your AOS on assets (or in your case the sponsor alone) instead of the income of the USC currently domiciled financially in the US, but I don't know if that obviates the domicile requirement or not...maybe someone who's done that will chime in? I do know of couples who have made it through the entire process without setting foot in the US until the beneficiary's POE, but they started down that path from the beginning.

I moved to the US last May specifically to NOT have to worry about this. We never dreamt we would be apart this long and it's been something of a catastrophe for our family, but now that we have the interview date it's just a question of hanging on a little longer and letting the healing commence...

I-130 mailed: 03/10/14 (from France to Chicago Lockbox)

I-130 received: 03/12/14 (this is also our priority date)

NOA1 email: 03/16/14 (email sent at 11:40 pm on Sunday!?!)

NOA1 letter: 03/30/14

I-797C: 03/21/14

NOA2 email: 08/09/14 (email sent at 5:45 am on Saturday!?!)

NOA2 letter: 08/13/14

Sent to NVC: 08/19/14 (email notification)

NVC receipt: 09/08/14 (confirmed by phone call)

NVC case #: 09/11/14 (received via email with NVC welcome letter as attachment)

DS-261 done: 09/12/14

--AOS invoice: 09/17/14 (notice via email)

--Invoice paid: 09/18/14

--accepted: 10/1/14 (notice via email)
IV invoice: 10/1/14 (same email)
IV fee paid: 10/4/14
--accepted: 10/8/14 (status changed to "paid" on NVC website)
DS-260 done: 10/9/14
AOS/IV docs
sent: 10/13/14
AOS/IV docs
signed for: 10/17/14
confirmation
email received: 10/18/14 (this email said there will be a 60 day wait before my docs are reviewed)
checklist: 12/11/14 (i864, section 5, one error: "you must enter "1" for yourself...")
New i864 mailed: 12/14/14
Received: 12/18/14 (email notification 12/22/14, with another 60-day warning)
Third N/A: 3/2/15
NVC case
complete: 3/2/15 (confirmed on call to NVC 3/4/15; email received 3/9/15)
Interview date: 4/1/15 (assigned 3/11/15)
APPROVED!!! CEAC status changed to "Issued" on 4/2/15.
Visa and POE
papers in-hand: 4/12/15
POE: 4/16/15 in Minneapolis. Kept my wife and our three-Y.O. waiting in a windowless room with no toilet access for over an hour, then let them through without asking any questions.
But whatever: it's over!!!!! 13 months and 3 days from original priority date.
Green card: Accompanying docs stamped 6/16, but the card did not arrive until 7/2 (approx. 11 weeks after POE).
Now it's really over. Thank you so much to all of you at VJ who helped us through this ordeal.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello guys, as you may remember I said I was going to call the NVC at 12 weeks time. So we just did. We were on hold for about 30 minutes and a lady answered the call. She was actually very straight forward, and nice. We requested the case number and Identification Number, and we got it. But the most discouraging and infuriating thing is to have found out that it was assigned on February 11!!!! and they emailed it to our lawyer a month ago today! And When we wrote to our lawyer on the same exact date on Feb 11, for an update on our case, he finally replied to our email, after we were waiting for 8 weeks for his replied. He said with a very generic email that our case has not been assigned number yet, etc. I can not believe this. Here I am almost going crazy wondering about when our case would move forward, and to find out today that it has been on hold because of the lack of care of this lawyer.

What should we do guys? I am really worried we might need a waiver at the interview, but we have received mixed opinions from various lawyers that we may not. Should we proceed in our own? I want to write an email to our lawyer and tell him how incompetent he is. The lady on the phone said to go ahead and pay the fees. Should we?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello guys, as you may remember I said I was going to call the NVC at 12 weeks time. So we just did. We were on hold for about 30 minutes and a lady answered the call. She was actually very straight forward, and nice. We requested the case number and Identification Number, and we got it. But the most discouraging and infuriating thing is to have found out that it was assigned on February 11!!!! and they emailed it to our lawyer a month ago today! And When we wrote to our lawyer on the same exact date on Feb 11, for an update on our case, he finally replied to our email, after we were waiting for 8 weeks for his replied. He said with a very generic email that our case has not been assigned number yet, etc. I can not believe this. Here I am almost going crazy wondering about when our case would move forward, and to find out today that it has been on hold because of the lack of care of this lawyer.

What should we do guys? I am really worried we might need a waiver at the interview, but we have received mixed opinions from various lawyers that we may not. Should we proceed in our own? I want to write an email to our lawyer and tell him how incompetent he is. The lady on the phone said to go ahead and pay the fees. Should we?

Pay the fee and ditch the lawyer. Even if you require a waiver, the fact that some lawyers are telling you that you may not need one suggests that your waiver case might not be too complicated and you can do it yourself. I'd join http://immigrate2us.net, if you haven't already, as it is a great resource for waiver questions.

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I've been with my lawyer since the beginning of the case, and he's caused nothing but headaches. I've mentioned before on here that if we had done it by ourselves we would've saved 4 months approx. Dont feel like you cant call the NVC just because you have an attorney, I call all the time and dont expect anything from him anymore.Give the NVC a call and add your email as well, thats what I did and I receive the notifications as well. Make sure you double check the forms before he sends them off, mine screwed those up as well. In fact I will be suing him as soon as I get there, I have written proof that he has mishandled our case more than once so I want all our money back. Imagine when we paid the fees, he had me believe he had filled out the visa application form when in reality he hadnt. He let 2 entire months go by until one day I decided to ask where he had gotten all the information for the application, thats when he said, no you have to do that one yourself I believe I had mentioned this in an email ( which he hadnt). He's never available to take our calls, his secretary is the most rude young lady I've ever had to deal with. He was quick to take our money and make everything sound so easy and smooth, I really do regret hiring a lawyer, we are 4 months behind just because of him. Ditch the lawyer, when the time for the interview comes, if you are found ineligible for a visa, you can worry about a waiver then. I dont know thats my personal opinion, we might need a waiver too and if I do, I know im not going to my lawyer, thats for sure, hes been the most incompetent and I cant wait to arrive in the states to get our money back and to write a review about his services.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you guys. We have been thinking and we want to just file our case by ourselves. BUT, there are too many buts. One, is that I had an order of deportation back in 2005, and a few weeks before the date I was supposed to present myself to the INS building downtown, I asked the INS officer over the phone, if I could leave in my own terms. Her words, I still remember them : "that's not a decision you can make, that is a judge's decision" ....still though, she faxed me a voluntary departure form to take back with me to my home country, and she requested from me in the conversation over the phone, to fax her back: a copy of my passport and copies of my airplane tickets..... which I did. So in March 7th, I left.

So we still wonder, whether a lawyer would help us or not!. My question is if, I still have an order of deportation pending? Since was the immigration officer giving me the voluntary departure and not the judge. How will this affect our I-130 application. My 10 year bar has just passed last week based on my overstay of my tourist visa.

I guess our lawyer won't answer any more questions until we sign the second step or second agreement :(

Edited by duvalin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I just called the NVC as my 60 days were up on March 15th............CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!! I´m so happy, she told me that they are waiting for the interview to be scheduled, that Madrid is not usually busy so to expect an email with the interview date. OMG!!!!! hahahaha wanted to share with everyone, I know its only one more step towards the end of this but after 5 months at the NVC I couldnt be happier.

Thank you Jesus!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I just called the NVC as my 60 days were up on March 15th............CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!! I´m so happy, she told me that they are waiting for the interview to be scheduled, that Madrid is not usually busy so to expect an email with the interview date. OMG!!!!! hahahaha wanted to share with everyone, I know its only one more step towards the end of this but after 5 months at the NVC I couldnt be happier.

Thank you Jesus!

Congrats and good luck!

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Please can someone tell me why after 13 months of waiting did our case get transferred to another centre we were at vermont and I don't know where we are now! Is this a good thing or a bad thing.. The stress is driving me insane ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please can someone tell me why after 13 months of waiting did our case get transferred to another centre we were at vermont and I don't know where we are now! Is this a good thing or a bad thing.. The stress is driving me insane ?

Itvs been sometime since we left the uscis.. But as i recall that all thr people who transferred to another center got their approval after it.

Try to call the uscis and ask them.. Prqy and God will hear you.

Wish u a very very soon approval.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Itvs been sometime since we left the uscis.. But as i recall that all thr people who transferred to another center got their approval after it.

Try to call the uscis and ask them.. Prqy and God will hear you.

Wish u a very very soon approval.

Oh thank u so much I've been worrying about it the past 2 days ?

Timeline

Hi All! Just an update that we received our interview letter via email yesterday. Our date is set for May 14th!

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Timeline

how long after case complete did u receive the embassy letter?

My case was complete Jan 30th. We received the letter yesterday March 25th. So just a few days shy of two months

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Timeline

My case was complete Jan 30th. We received the letter yesterday March 25th. So just a few days shy of two months

this is too long, is this a normal for the nvc to send the embassy letter after this long time?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.