Blossomman999

I have a question

33 posts in this topic

It depends on the country. China consulates and embassies for example does not accept any paperwork that is not translated. So, there is no standard on this.

Agreed. For instance, the US embassy in Jakarta is required the applicant to provide them translated documents into English by the sworn-in translators that listed their services at the embassy.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

content.gif . That's cute!

heart.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

★ Time Line ★
●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ーー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●

19 Sep 2013 - Filed paperwork  
23 Sep 2013 - USCIS received
30 Sep 2013 - Noa 1 Approved
15 Nov 2013 - Noa 2 Approved
30 Jan 2014 - Got letter from USCIS that"Your case has been requested and will be forwarded to NVC ,please allow 60 days before requiring with the NVC"
13 Feb 2014 - NVC received petition of approval

19 Feb 2014 - Got case number and already left NVC

3 Mar 2014 - Case ready

4 Mar 2014 - P3 sent

7 Mar 2014 - Received P4 ,only 2 more weeks to get interview ...

8 Mar 2014 - Medical Examination done

24Mar 2014 - Interview(Getting under 221g ) Please re-submit your medical exam to Panel Physician who must reflect your surgeries in the report.

24Mar 2014 - Re-submit again

31 Mar 2014 - AP

21 Apr 2014 - AP

01 May 2014 - AP

20 May 2014 - Ready

21 May 2014 - AP

21 May 2014- Visa Issued

ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ーー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー

マイカル wub.png  ノーちゃん
                     heart.gif 大成功 !!! 大成功 heart.gif
                         素敵ねぇぇぇぇ
              good.gif ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★good.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Thailand Regional Forum~

~At this stage of process, requirements/instructions are often embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

just to back up karee`s reply, as a couple that just had interview,a "right to marry " certificate does not have to be translated to English at the Thailand embassy. Best of luck....stevie n songsang

9/16/2013-I-129-F Petition Rec`d-(Dallas lockbox, transfered to CSC)
9/19/2013-Notice Date- NOA-1
10/1/2013-Notice Date- NOA-2-I-129-F Petition Approved!
11/1/2013-NVC Rec`d I-129-F Petition
11/14/2013- U.S.Consulate- BKK Rec`d I-129-F
11/23/2013-Rec`d Packet 3
12/1/2013-Medical Exam
12/9/2013-Packet 3 sent to U.S. Consulate-BKK
12/16/2013-Rec`d Packet 4
1/22/2014-Interview/Approved!
1/25/2014-Rec`d Visa/Passport (Korat)

4/30/2014-POE-Chicago-O`Hare
5/1/2014-Successful S.S.# Application(Chicago office)Marriage License(Cook County)
5/2/2014-Married!
5/16/2014-AOS,I-765,I-131 package received by U.S.C.I.S.
5/19/2014-Notice Date- NOA-1`s
5/23/2014-Rec`d Biometrics Appointment Notice
5/30/2014-Early Biometrics(Chicago location)
7/26/2014-I-765 and I-131 Approved (card production)
8/01/2014-Rec`d Combo Card
9/10/2014-Rec`d Potential Interview Waiver Letter
3/20/2015-Filed form with CIS Ombudsman requesting assistance with AOS.
3/21/2015-Rec`d case# from Ombudsman.
4/03/2015-Sent I-765/I-131 renewal documents to U.S.C.I.S.
4/9/2015- NOA Notice Dates-I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/10/2015-NOA Notice Date-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/27/2015-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.

5/22/2015-Rec`d RFE for expired Medical Exam.

5/23/2015-Rec`d Renewal Combo Card.

6/8/2015-Updated I-693 Medical Exam sent to U.S.C.I.S. (New York office)

6/20/2015-Rec`d Welcome Letter.

6/24/2015-Rec`d Green Card via U.S.P.S.

Filed: Timeline

Excuse me,What's do you means " Proper" ?

I got it but my parent were "Laminated" on it when I was baby because you know to avoid flood or maybe a little mouse might be bite on it.[You know that right?]

So,my bf and I are decided to Certified new one by Amphour where I was born but however,I still hold it in my hands.

I just heard from my friend that USCIS will not accept Laminated document,this is why I have to make new one but however,I will bring it when I have to fly to the USA too.

Any advise would be great !!

Thanks sir.

My wife did the same thing with all her original documents which in the Western a laminated document usually voids it. I had to cut all her stuff out of the lamination.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

All documents you submit need to be translated to English by an authorized notarial service. Check with your embassy to find out which translations services are accepted.

This is not correct for Thailand.

Documents can be in Thai or English for the Consulate portion. At the AOS stage, everything will need to be converted to English. Any certified translator will do. Notarization is not required

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is not correct for Thailand.

Documents can be in Thai or English for the Consulate portion. At the AOS stage, everything will need to be converted to English. Any certified translator will do. Notarization is not required

Anyone can translate these docs that is competent in both languages. The " certification " is simply a statement added at the bottom indicating that they are.

People can use the search block here on V J to find this info and a sample of such doc.

In Thailand there are many places that do this work as slowlyman says. The accepted price is about 15 dollars per page.

All documents you submit need to be translated to English by an authorized notarial service. Check with your embassy to find out which translations services are accepted.

This is not correct when it comes to Thailand.

Timeline

Ohh I forgot to mention the birth certificate. Make you sure have a proper birth certificate. The BKK embassy will accept just about anything as proof of birth. USCIS will not. There's been more than a few people here that have had a problem with this coming from Thailand.

This is correct and can become a huge problem down the road so make sure you have at least two that are stamped and " certified " for use in the future.

Filed: Other Timeline

Anyone can translate these docs that is competent in both languages. The " certification " is simply a statement added at the bottom indicating that they are.

People can use the search block here on V J to find this info and a sample of such doc.

In Thailand there are many places that do this work as slowlyman says. The accepted price is about 15 dollars per page.

This is not correct when it comes to Thailand.

This has already been well-established by all the thai k1s out there. That's why everyone should check with their local consulate to find out whether a translation is required or NOT! Many non-english consulates want a certified translation, so there is no one-size fits all.

Timeline

Excuse me,What's do you means " Proper" ?

I got it but my parent were "Laminated" on it when I was baby because you know to avoid flood or maybe a little mouse might be bite on it.[You know that right?]

So,my bf and I are decided to Certified new one by Amphour where I was born but however,I still hold it in my hands.

I just heard from my friend that USCIS will not accept Laminated document,this is why I have to make new one but however,I will bring it when I have to fly to the USA too.

Any advise would be great !!

Thanks sir.

These are often laminated due to the humid conditions. My daughters was and we had no problems when it was reviewed by USCIS nor the U S passport agency when she became a citizen. My husband attached a note explaining why it was laminated.

Timeline

This has already been well-established by all the thai k1s out there. That's why everyone should check with their local consulate to find out whether a translation is required or NOT! Many non-english consulates want a certified translation, so there is no one-size fits all.

And people dealing with Thailand should avoid confusing it with CHINA. It well established that Thailand isn't China yet we see that people want to advise people to use criteria used in China for a Thai case.

I have to assume that's why V J has a portal for Thai issues.

Edited by Ning

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Before this pi$$ing match goes on any further, let me be clear. At the US EMBASSY in BANGKOK, THAILAND YOU CAN SUBMIT DOCUMENTS IN THAI WITHOUT AN ENGLISH TRANSLATION. However, if you plan on using those same documents to adjust status in the U.S. or for anything else in the U.S. they need to be translated into English. Might as well get it done in Thailand where it's cheap and they do a decent job, and have all the professional looking stamps.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Several inappropriate post removed ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

These are often laminated due to the humid conditions. My daughters was and we had no problems when it was reviewed by USCIS nor the U S passport agency when she became a citizen. My husband attached a note explaining why it was laminated.

That is good to know. Pui's birth certificate is laminated and I always wondered about if it would be a problem or not. Only time she ever had show it was the interview for the K1. Now to get working on gathering all the paper work for ROC.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.