Blossomman999

I have a question

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

K1

I already sent P3 to the US Embassy but sometimes I just confuse that Do I need to translate my Marital status certificate? (Single Certificate)

I have translated birth certificate and Name change certificate with Certified from the Ministry of foreign affairs where is issued my passport because I know I need it when I have to change my status in USA.

I was believe in the Instruction of P3 that All documents not in English or Thai must be accompanied by certified English translation

Should I ask the US Embassy here in Thailand??,but however the official language in Thailand is Thai.

Edited by Blossomman999

★ Time Line ★
●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ーー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●

19 Sep 2013 - Filed paperwork  
23 Sep 2013 - USCIS received
30 Sep 2013 - Noa 1 Approved
15 Nov 2013 - Noa 2 Approved
30 Jan 2014 - Got letter from USCIS that"Your case has been requested and will be forwarded to NVC ,please allow 60 days before requiring with the NVC"
13 Feb 2014 - NVC received petition of approval

19 Feb 2014 - Got case number and already left NVC

3 Mar 2014 - Case ready

4 Mar 2014 - P3 sent

7 Mar 2014 - Received P4 ,only 2 more weeks to get interview ...

8 Mar 2014 - Medical Examination done

24Mar 2014 - Interview(Getting under 221g ) Please re-submit your medical exam to Panel Physician who must reflect your surgeries in the report.

24Mar 2014 - Re-submit again

31 Mar 2014 - AP

21 Apr 2014 - AP

01 May 2014 - AP

20 May 2014 - Ready

21 May 2014 - AP

21 May 2014- Visa Issued

ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ーー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー●ー

マイカル wub.png  ノーちゃん
                     heart.gif 大成功 !!! 大成功 heart.gif
                         素敵ねぇぇぇぇ
              good.gif ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★good.gif

Timeline

I will check it but it's too late now....

No problem,there are many women here submitted with no translate but they got approved

Many thanks !!!!

★ Time Line ★

30 Jan 2014 - Got letter from USCIS that"Your case has been requested and will be forwarded to NVC ,please allow 60 days before requiring with the NVC"

3 Mar 2014 - Case ready

4 Mar 2014 - P3 sent

24Mar 2014 - Interview(Getting under 221g ) Please re-submit your medical exam to Panel Physician who must reflect your surgeries in the report.

31 Mar 2014 - AP

21 Apr 2014 - AP

01 May 2014 - AP

20 May 2014 - Ready

21 May 2014 - AP

21 May 2014- Visa Issued

マイカル wub.png  ノーちゃん
                         素敵ねぇぇぇぇ

I am not sure in Thailand so you need to contact the Embassy for it. However, the package 3 and appointment letter of interview do say the same thing that all the documents that are not in English and Vietnamese needed to translate by certified English translation ( This is for Embassy in VietNam) . So I did not translate anything because the documents are either in English or Vietnamese including the Police Record ( Vietnamese) . We have no problem at all.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

K1

I already sent P3 to the US Embassy but sometimes I just confuse that Do I need to translate my Marital status certificate? (Single Certificate)

I have translated birth certificate and Name change certificate with Certified from the Ministry of foreign affairs where is issued my passport because I know I need it when I have to change my status in USA.

I was believe in the Instruction of P3 that All documents not in English or Thai must be accompanied by certified English translation

Should I ask the US Embassy here in Thailand??,but however the official language in Thailand is Thai.

You're fine. It clearly states both English and Thai are accepted. That said, make sure you have everything that you need for adjustment of status translated to English.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

You're fine. It clearly states both English and Thai are accepted. That said, make sure you have everything that you need for adjustment of status translated to English.

I am not sure in Thailand so you need to contact the Embassy for it. However, the package 3 and appointment letter of interview do say the same thing that all the documents that are not in English and Vietnamese needed to translate by certified English translation ( This is for Embassy in VietNam) . So I did not translate anything because the documents are either in English or Vietnamese including the Police Record ( Vietnamese) . We have no problem at all.

Thank you so much sir ......

heart.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

★ Time Line ★

3 Mar 2014 - Case ready

4 Mar 2014 - P3 sent

31 Mar 2014 - AP

21 Apr 2014 - AP

01 May 2014 - AP

20 May 2014 - Ready

21 May 2014 - AP

21 May 2014- Visa Issued

マイカル wub.png  ノーちゃん
                         素敵ねぇぇぇぇ

Timeline

Thank you so much sir ......

heart.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

Ohh I forgot to mention the birth certificate. Make you sure have a proper birth certificate. The BKK embassy will accept just about anything as proof of birth. USCIS will not. There's been more than a few people here that have had a problem with this coming from Thailand.

Timeline

Ohh I forgot to mention the birth certificate. Make you sure have a proper birth certificate. The BKK embassy will accept just about anything as proof of birth. USCIS will not. There's been more than a few people here that have had a problem with this coming from Thailand.

Excuse me,What's do you means " Proper" ?

I got it but my parent were "Laminated" on it when I was baby because you know to avoid flood or maybe a little mouse might be bite on it.[You know that right?]

So,my bf and I are decided to Certified new one by Amphour where I was born but however,I still hold it in my hands.

I just heard from my friend that USCIS will not accept Laminated document,this is why I have to make new one but however,I will bring it when I have to fly to the USA too.

Any advise would be great !!

Thanks sir.

★ Time Line ★

3 Mar 2014 - Case ready

4 Mar 2014 - P3 sent

31 Mar 2014 - AP

21 Apr 2014 - AP

01 May 2014 - AP

20 May 2014 - Ready

21 May 2014 - AP

21 May 2014- Visa Issued

マイカル wub.png  ノーちゃん
                         素敵ねぇぇぇぇ

Timeline

Excuse me,What's do you means " Proper" ?

I got it but my parent were "Laminated" on it when I was baby because you know to avoid flood or maybe a little mouse might be bite on it.[You know that right?]

So,my bf and I are decided to Certified new one by Amphour where I was born but however,I still hold it in my hands.

I just heard from my friend that USCIS will not accept Laminated document,this is why I have to make new one but however,I will bring it when I have to fly to the USA too.

Any advise would be great !!

Thanks sir.

For example there have been some here that didn't have a birth certificate at all so they used their family blue book (ทะเบียนบ้าน) at the interview. The embassy said fine no problem. Then they came to the US and went to adjust status to get a green card and USCIS said no, we need a birth certificate. They then had to get family members in Thailand to run around and go to the Amphur etc. to get a birth certificate and get it translated and sent to the U.S.

Sounds like you have what you need. Go ahead and get it translated to English while in Thailand, since you'll need to submit it to USCIS after you arrive in the U.S. to get your green card. USCIS will only accept documents in other languages with an English translation.

This has nothing to do with your upcoming interview in Bangkok, I'm just preparing you for the next step after you arrive in the U.S.

Timeline

For example there have been some here that didn't have a birth certificate at all so they used their family blue book (ทะเบียนบ้าน) at the interview. The embassy said fine no problem. Then they came to the US and went to adjust status to get a green card and USCIS said no, we need a birth certificate. They then had to get family members in Thailand to run around and go to the Amphur etc. to get a birth certificate and get it translated and sent to the U.S.

Sounds like you have what you need. Go ahead and get it translated to English while in Thailand, since you'll need to submit it to USCIS after you arrive in the U.S. to get your green card. USCIS will only accept documents in other languages with an English translation.

This has nothing to do with your upcoming interview in Bangkok, I'm just preparing you for the next step after you arrive in the U.S.

Great information.

I was already translated it .....

Thank you so much !!!!

You're Lovely ,,,, Jup Jup

★ Time Line ★

3 Mar 2014 - Case ready

4 Mar 2014 - P3 sent

31 Mar 2014 - AP

21 Apr 2014 - AP

01 May 2014 - AP

20 May 2014 - Ready

21 May 2014 - AP

21 May 2014- Visa Issued

マイカル wub.png  ノーちゃん
                         素敵ねぇぇぇぇ

Timeline

,,,, Jup Jup

laughing.gif

You must be young. My niece says that all the time.

โชคดี!

Edit, or maybe I'm just old!

Edited by Karee

Timeline

laughing.gif

You must be young. My niece says that all the time.

โชคดี

ฮ่าาาๆๆๆ ขอบคุณค่ะ

★ Time Line ★

3 Mar 2014 - Case ready

4 Mar 2014 - P3 sent

31 Mar 2014 - AP

21 Apr 2014 - AP

01 May 2014 - AP

20 May 2014 - Ready

21 May 2014 - AP

21 May 2014- Visa Issued

マイカル wub.png  ノーちゃん
                         素敵ねぇぇぇぇ

Great information.

I was already translated it .....

Thank you so much !!!!

You're Lovely ,,,, Jup Jup

content.gif . That's cute!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

All documents you submit need to be translated to English by an authorized notarial service. Check with your embassy to find out which translations services are accepted.

Nope not true. It has to either be in English or in the language of the country of the interview. Translations are only needed at USCIS stage

Filed: Other Timeline

Nope not true. It has to either be in English or in the language of the country of the interview. Translations are only needed at USCIS stage

It depends on the country. China consulates and embassies for example does not accept any paperwork that is not translated. So, there is no standard on this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.