Collie

NVC Filers - March 2014

4,714 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got approved on January 15th. Still no case number at Nvc . Who has the same problem?

do you know when was your petitions received by NVC?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

I got approved on January 15th. Still no case number at Nvc . Who has the same problem?

Are you calling to get the case number?

It seems like the backlog at USCIS is now clogging up the NVC.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Filed: Timeline

Ok, I have gone for the grieving process for the loss of EP availability for Mexico. Still in denial, I searched online for any glimmer of hope and instead found the nail in the coffin of the whole topic in the form of a Laurel Scott chat log. She says, "Mexican Immigrant Visa cases received by NVC after December 2, 2013 are being assigned a "CDJ" number instead of a "MEP" number and the documents should be submitted by mail instead of electroncially. Apparently the "MEP" thing was an experiment and for the moment the experiment has been canned... If you have a "MEP" case you still need to submit documents electronically. Only mail them in if you have a "CDJ" case." If anyone knows what they're talking about, she does. Unfortunately. *sigh*

My fellow Mexico petitioners, here's that chat log link if you want the original: http://www.scottimmigration.net/content/chat-transcript-december-18-2013

In my situation I have four separate IR-2 petitions being processed simultaneously which complicates the matter as far as some of the original documents go.

Saylin, have you ever seen anyone in a similar situation send in one "master" set of originals for multiple cases, and include one complete set of copies for each case? So far when submitting documents with USCIS I have included a letter requesting that they be processed together, and each separate stepson had his own complete set of paperwork but they were all packaged together when mailed in. Of course, no originals are required for the petition stage so will that same method fly at the NVC?

Yikes. How much do y'all think the snail mail filing will slow things down??

Thanks for the link to the Mexico petitioner log.

Checking in. Please add me in the spreadsheet. NOA2 2/24/2014

Added. Please fill in your timeline otherwise I'll remove you from the spreadsheet.

Hello Saylin,

I am trying to gather the tax transcripts for the AOS......I went on the IRS website and they have a feature where i can download and print my transcripts immediately. Do you think this will work or should I do the traditional request by mail?

also the IRS transcripts that I downloaded looked a bit odd since it didnt specify who made what in the wages section. is that normal? or might i be looking at a wrong transcript? ...i did select the IRS transcript for immigration purposes though

Thanks as always.

Yes, those work. It's the exact same thing just that you can get them immediately. Be grateful you don't have to wait weeks to receive them.

And no, transcripts don't differentiate incomes; it's combined. If you filed jointly, then you need to include your W2s with the transcripts to show your own income. Please read posts 1 and 2, as well as the I-864 instructions.

Ok, I have gone for the grieving process for the loss of EP availability for Mexico. Still in denial, I searched online for any glimmer of hope and instead found the nail in the coffin of the whole topic in the form of a Laurel Scott chat log. She says, "Mexican Immigrant Visa cases received by NVC after December 2, 2013 are being assigned a "CDJ" number instead of a "MEP" number and the documents should be submitted by mail instead of electroncially. Apparently the "MEP" thing was an experiment and for the moment the experiment has been canned... If you have a "MEP" case you still need to submit documents electronically. Only mail them in if you have a "CDJ" case." If anyone knows what they're talking about, she does. Unfortunately. *sigh*

My fellow Mexico petitioners, here's that chat log link if you want the original: http://www.scottimmigration.net/content/chat-transcript-december-18-2013

In my situation I have four separate IR-2 petitions being processed simultaneously which complicates the matter as far as some of the original documents go.

Saylin, have you ever seen anyone in a similar situation send in one "master" set of originals for multiple cases, and include one complete set of copies for each case? So far when submitting documents with USCIS I have included a letter requesting that they be processed together, and each separate stepson had his own complete set of paperwork but they were all packaged together when mailed in. Of course, no originals are required for the petition stage so will that same method fly at the NVC?

If you get the files all joined up at NVC, then you should be able to send one big AOS package (with one "master" set for one case, then copies for the others) and one big IV package.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

iam more than 5 weeks now and still no iv

i called nvc just now and they will make a supervisor review it, hopefully soon i should get mine

thats the only thing which is holding me from a case complete

my aos was accepted long time ago

Dont forget you also have DS-260 thats possible only after IV is paid.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Repost:

Saylin, I have a question,

I know I have to send original civil documents to NVC.

My question is for the translation, do I need to send "original" translation or are copies of translation enough?

Thanks

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Repost:

Saylin, I have a question,

I know I have to send original civil documents to NVC.

My question is for the translation, do I need to send "original" translation or are copies of translation enough?

Thanks

I would think only original translations are accepted, but I don't know (hence why I didn't answer the first time). Call up NVC (at least five times) and inquire with them. Take the majority answer (if it differs).

IV is not yet paid status but IV package has been delivered. Will this be an issue ?

It could be, yes.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

It could be, yes.

Thanx for a very quick reply.

What corrective action can i take before this goes out of hand. The timing i calculated misfired. oops8rh.gif

Edited by iamwhatiam80

You cannot. It will simply delay them reviewing your IV package until it shows as paid. Has the money left your account?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

error

Edited by Ana&Sean

event.png
event.png
event.png
NOA1 February 20, 2013
NOA2 November 25, 2013
NVC received case on January 11, 2014
NVC assigned case # Jan 17, 2014
NVC accepted DS-261 on Jan 22, 2014
AOS paid on February 11, 2014
AOS payment accepted on Feb 14, 2014
AOS Package sent Feb 19, 2014
Package IV paid on Feb 26, 2014
NVC received AOS package Feb "package lost"
Package IV payment accepted March
Submitted DS-260 on March 6, 2014
NVC received Package IV ___
NVC entered Package IV in their system_____

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

guys i think i messed up again, i filed and sent the ds 260 and they asked is ur daughter (shes american born, and shes also brazilian living w me in brazil) immigratting to the US with you, i said yes cuz she basicly is... what will happen

event.png
event.png
event.png
NOA1 February 20, 2013
NOA2 November 25, 2013
NVC received case on January 11, 2014
NVC assigned case # Jan 17, 2014
NVC accepted DS-261 on Jan 22, 2014
AOS paid on February 11, 2014
AOS payment accepted on Feb 14, 2014
AOS Package sent Feb 19, 2014
Package IV paid on Feb 26, 2014
NVC received AOS package Feb "package lost"
Package IV payment accepted March
Submitted DS-260 on March 6, 2014
NVC received Package IV ___
NVC entered Package IV in their system_____

Filed: Timeline

Yes, those work. It's the exact same thing just that you can get them immediately. Be grateful you don't have to wait weeks to receive them.

And no, transcripts don't differentiate incomes; it's combined. If you filed jointly, then you need to include your W2s with the transcripts to show your own income. Please read posts 1 and 2, as well as the I-864 instructions.

Hey Saylin,

I was reading the I-864 instructions and it said that if you send in the IRS transcripts that there is no need to send any additional forms (such as W2, 1099 and schedules).

Honestly its not a bid deal for me to send my W2 even if its extra, I am trying to figure this out and make it easy on my co-sponsor since he has a C corporation and his 1040 has a lot more schedules and forms that go with it.

guys i think i messed up again, i filed and sent the ds 260 and they asked is ur daughter (shes american born, and shes also brazilian living w me in brazil) immigratting to the US with you, i said yes cuz she basicly is... what will happen

If she's American, she's not technically immigrating, she's simply moving. But, it shouldn't be a big deal. Just mention it at the interview that you made a small mistake.

Hey Saylin,

I was reading the I-864 instructions and it said that if you send in the IRS transcripts that there is no need to send any additional forms (such as W2, 1099 and schedules).

Honestly its not a bid deal for me to send my W2 even if its extra, I am trying to figure this out and make it easy on my co-sponsor since he has a C corporation and his 1040 has a lot more schedules and forms that go with it.

If you didn't file taxes jointly, then no, W2s aren't needed. But, if you need to show individual income in cases of filing jointly, then W2s are needed as tax transcripts show combined income.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.