KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, I'm hitting 6 months in few days and I think it's time to write a letter to my senators. I remember someone put a sample letter in this thread, but I can't find it. I went through all 70 pages, and searched on Google as well, but can't find it. Anyone remember what page was it? I really appreciate it.

Here you go: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/496129-feb-filer-here-who-contacted-my-senator/page-2

Filed: Timeline

It's in "February filer who wrote a letter to the senator" or something along those lines. But that's more going through differences between the service centers. Just give them your info. & why they should help you. Best of luck!

Bingo! thanks a lot

I called the office yesterday and they said it was within the normal wait which is now six months. I also called on the 25th of June and they said after July 4th I would be able to actually find something out.

I was put through to a tier 2 representative but she was EXTREMELY rude and just got mad at the question and said 10 MONTHS and that I couldn't do anything at all about it even after the "estimated" processing times...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I called the office yesterday and they said it was within the normal wait which is now six months. I also called on the 25th of June and they said after July 4th I would be able to actually find something out.

I was put through to a tier 2 representative but she was EXTREMELY rude and just got mad at the question and said 10 MONTHS and that I couldn't do anything at all about it even after the "estimated" processing times...

Yikes...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

This is just insane. I think its time for Fox News to make an 'expose'. I am sick and tired of big government ruling our lives and ruining it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

What's worse is their attitude..we are paying fees up and down this road.. They are working for us , not the other way around.

File sent - May 1st
NOA1 - May 9th
Transferred - August 8th
NOA2 - September 11th

event.png

Timeline

What's worse is their attitude..we are paying fees up and down this road.. They are working for us , not the other way around.

Totally agree, Cristina! I called last week, and asked to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer and she REFUSED! So I kept saying im glad this is being recorded for all purposes and hope you find yourself a new job because I asked to be referred and you DENIED me! She goes well I answered your questions and I told her no, you actually didn't and I asked to be transferred. I got her ID number, name, and everything! They are sooo rude! Yes, we wait and we pay fees and its a big process. However, we don't need their attitudes on top of all the stress we are currently under with their huge processing delays, our fiance's being overseas, and the amount of paperwork, etc. etc. etc...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

Customer Reps are very rude, but not all of them. There were several ones that were actually very nice even though they couldn't help at all. I reported a tier 2 rep few weeks ago as she was very rude and hung up on me.

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

Timeline

I really think that we will be able to force their hands with mass-media. Its outrageous that we have to go through all of this just to be together with the ones we love.

And it's also outrageous that they don't communicate with filers... It's not our fault that they got stuck with 10.000 files and they cant handle them. If so, why not balance the situation between the two service centers, the way they did last year when California had problems, why not hire more people, or create temporary service centers... why the heck did they stopped processing i-129f forms at the Vermont service center?

There is no transparency, plus we have to work with rude staff, being treated like numbers with no rights... and that really hurts.

It makes you think...the freedom every American is so proud about, is not very real... not all the way through. No one wants to break a law, we just wanna do the right thing, love each other and start a family.

I do pray that CNN or Fox News will start questioning and harassing USCIS's management. People deserve to know how the system works in our case.

File sent - May 1st
NOA1 - May 9th
Transferred - August 8th
NOA2 - September 11th

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I called my Congressman's office for a follow up and to let them know that I haven't heard anything in the 3 weeks since they called on my behalf. Unfortunately I found out that me calling USCIS after they had called could have delayed the process since they pull your file when you call. She called them back again while I was on hold and told me that it was being given to a supervisor to reassign. She advised I call her back Monday afternoon and she'll follow up again. All in all this is a process that's hard to understand. Just hoping for that NOA2 by next week, we'll see what happens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I really think that we will be able to force their hands with mass-media. Its outrageous that we have to go through all of this just to be together with the ones we love.

And it's also outrageous that they don't communicate with filers... It's not our fault that they got stuck with 10.000 files and they cant handle them. If so, why not balance the situation between the two service centers, the way they did last year when California had problems, why not hire more people, or create temporary service centers... why the heck did they stopped processing i-129f forms at the Vermont service center?

There is no transparency, plus we have to work with rude staff, being treated like numbers with no rights... and that really hurts.

It makes you think...the freedom every American is so proud about, is not very real... not all the way through. No one wants to break a law, we just wanna do the right thing, love each other and start a family.

I do pray that CNN or Fox News will start questioning and harassing USCIS's management. People deserve to know how the system works in our case.

Maybe we all need some humor here? I dont know...I think CNN and FOX might be the best for us. We have love, goverment, down-trodden USC, human emotion in all of this..(sex too if one wants to go there)...which is a mix they love

Timeline

Maybe we all need some humor here? I dont know...I think CNN and FOX might be the best for us. We have love, goverment, down-trodden USC, human emotion in all of this..(sex too if one wants to go there)...which is a mix they love

that made me lol a bit

File sent - May 1st
NOA1 - May 9th
Transferred - August 8th
NOA2 - September 11th

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I sent a letter to the WhiteHouse ... lol. Like they're gonna do anything about it ...

I did that a few months ago...didn't include my noa1 or anything. Just a complaint against the service centers. I got a reply back from "the president" about how he agrees that our immigration system is highly flawed & wants to see families reunited & blah blah blah...good luck.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.