Mrnugyen

Please help final review of K-1 packet before I mail off, Thanks.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All,

First thank you to all that have replied to my many posts, you've all been great help making this complicted process a little eaiser for me and my fiance.

A little background, my friend who is her cousin introduced us in August and we just knew. I went back to visit in December, and I'm now filing the K-1 visa process, when you know you know right? :)

I have completed the final packet, think i'm ready to send off, made 2 copies of the ENTIRE packet and just wanted some of you guys to look over what i'm sending in to see I'm missing anything. I know signatures and dates are very important and I'm positive I've looked over the package enough time that Im not missing any signatures or dates.

Listed below is page by page of the packet:

1. Form G-1145 e-Notification of Application

2. I-129F Cover Letter with table of content

3. Payment with personal check (I put the check in a zip-lock bag and stapled it to a page and titled page Payment with Personal Check)

4. Form I-129F and supplement type page of how we met

5. G-325a for both self and fiancee, both have additional page with passport style photos with names on the back

6. My Certificate of Naturalization, copy of front and back (not sure why cause back is black, but following the instruction to the "t" is my goal)

7. Fiance Letter of Intent for both myself and fiancee

8. My Divorce Certificate (both FL-180 and FL-190, I'm from Cali)

9. My fiance's Divorce Certificate. We're Vietnamese, I signed a statement that I translated her original certificate myself, my translated version of her certificate, and her actual divorce certificate.

10. Proof of having met in person:

- Boarding passes - baggage ticket stub - copy of visa front and back stamped - itinerary of flight - hotel receipts of entire trip (3 different hotels) - photos from trip (i picked 7 pictures with friends and family i really liked) - Letter of support from both of her parents and a letter of support from her cousin who is my friend who introduced us - Receipt of engagement ring and from our engagement party - Receipt of a day tour we took

11. Proof of Ongoing Relationship

- Phone bills showing calls with eachother (i'm nervous with this because we didn't talk hours at a time, from August till December when I went back to meet her, I was finishing up my last semester of my masters program so we mostly e-mailed when possible) - Chat logs from Skype (after I visit, I set up Skpye for her and we've talked since almost every day for hours) - About 40 pages of e-mails we sent back and forth to eachother.

I know this was a long post and thank you for reading it all. If I have everything in order, I plan on sending the package immediately on Tuesday. Any suggestions from experience members are very much wanted. Thanks again for your time.

Filed: Timeline

good.gif

Hi All,

First thank you to all that have replied to my many posts, you've all been great help making this complicted process a little eaiser for me and my fiance.

A little background, my friend who is her cousin introduced us in August and we just knew. I went back to visit in December, and I'm now filing the K-1 visa process, when you know you know right? smile.png

I have completed the final packet, think i'm ready to send off, made 2 copies of the ENTIRE packet and just wanted some of you guys to look over what i'm sending in to see I'm missing anything. I know signatures and dates are very important and I'm positive I've looked over the package enough time that Im not missing any signatures or dates.

3. Payment with personal check (I put the check in a zip-lock bag and stapled it to a page and titled page Payment with Personal Check)

5. G-325a for both self and fiancee, both have additional page with passport style photos with names on the back

6. My Certificate of Naturalization, copy of front and back (not sure why cause back is black, but following the instruction to the "t" is my goal)

9. My fiance's Divorce Certificate. We're Vietnamese, I signed a statement that I translated her original certificate myself, my translated version of her certificate, and her actual divorce certificate.

- Boarding passes - baggage ticket stub - copy of visa front and back stamped - itinerary of flight - hotel receipts of entire trip (3 different hotels) - photos from trip (i picked 7 pictures with friends and family i really liked) - Letter of support from both of her parents and a letter of support from her cousin who is my friend who introduced us - Receipt of engagement ring and from our engagement party - Receipt of a day tour we took

- Phone bills showing calls with eachother (i'm nervous with this because we didn't talk hours at a time, from August till December when I went back to meet her, I was finishing up my last semester of my masters program so we mostly e-mailed when possible) - Chat logs from Skype (after I visit, I set up Skpye for her and we've talked since almost every day for hours) - About 40 pages of e-mails we sent back and forth to eachother.

I know this was a long post and thank you for reading it all. If I have everything in order, I plan on sending the package immediately on Tuesday. Any suggestions from experience members are very much wanted. Thanks again for your time.

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My only suggestion is to check your signatures. Make sure that everything that is SUPPOSED to be signed IS signed. Also, for the multipage things, I held them together with "binder clips" (Black clips with silver legs). I also grouped things together, and clipped them. And, the order of things on the table of contents was the same order that they were in the packet. I'm a bit OCD, but who knows, it might have helped!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

----> Have you checked the Vietnam regional forum (and "Embassy Info" and "Reviews: Embassy" at links atop any VJ page) for embassy-specific items? USCIS will not care about these, but the consular officer might make his mind up on the basis of what you "front-load" your petition package with now.

A "relationship timeline" has been mentioned as very important, and there's apparently a desirable format. In addition, it might or might not be a red flag that her cousin introduced you.

Before you send your petition package, see what you can glean from the above resources. I'll cross-post to the Vietnam forum a link to your thread here.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You should be good to go...the supplement to your 129f is what we mean when we say timeline..mine was just 1 page typed up.

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Timeline

"9. My fiance's Divorce Certificate. We're Vietnamese, I signed a statement that I translated her original certificate myself, my translated version of her certificate, and her actual divorce certificate."

I believe you need to have the document translated by an official translator. I don't think you can translate it yourself..

11/05/2013 - Sent I-129F Form

11/13/2013 - cash checked

11/18/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA1

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

12/12/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA2 (Approved!)

01/14/2014 - fiancée received package #3

01/21/2014 - Package #3 sent

01/22/2014 - Consulate received Packaged #3

02/24/2014 - HSBC bank payment completed

03/11/2014 - Medical Exam + Shots completed

03/21/2014 - interview date

03/21/2014 - Approved!

03/28/2014 - Visa delivered

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN
05/11/2014 - Bring my fiancée back to the US

Timeline

i forgot to add.. did you ever send her money? If you did, then I would use that is proof of relationship as well. make sure to keep additional chat logs, and additional proof of relationship moving forward because you will need this for the interview at a later point.

Did you buy an engagement ring? keep a copy of the receipt and make a copy. If possible, I would include this for additional proof of relationship.

11/05/2013 - Sent I-129F Form

11/13/2013 - cash checked

11/18/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA1

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

12/12/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA2 (Approved!)

01/14/2014 - fiancée received package #3

01/21/2014 - Package #3 sent

01/22/2014 - Consulate received Packaged #3

02/24/2014 - HSBC bank payment completed

03/11/2014 - Medical Exam + Shots completed

03/21/2014 - interview date

03/21/2014 - Approved!

03/28/2014 - Visa delivered

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN
05/11/2014 - Bring my fiancée back to the US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Make sure you sign in every form and also check the day of the form. Is it still valid?

I had a stupid mistake before when I used an old I129f form. So check and make sure they are all valid.

Also you should make 2 copies of all the packet in case.

Good luck !!! :)

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

The package sounds great but make sure they accept translations like that or if you need an official translation! Also make sure you get a copy of EVERYTHING you're sending!

April 19, 2014 - Wedding Date =)

AOS JOURNEY:

Date filed: May 5, 2014

NOA 1 texts: June 8, 2014

NOA Date: June 11, 2014

Bio (walk in) Appt: June 17, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Since you went to visit, don't forget to include all pages from your passport (it will show when you entered her country and when you left, which is great proof of an ongoing relationship as well) ;)

Timeline

Yes you can translate.

"9. My fiance's Divorce Certificate. We're Vietnamese, I signed a statement that I translated her original certificate myself, my translated version of her certificate, and her actual divorce certificate."

I believe you need to have the document translated by an official translator. I don't think you can translate it yourself..

Timeline

Have you made a timeline of relationship?

Hi All,

A little background, my friend who is her cousin introduced us in August and we just knew. I went back to visit in December, and I'm now filing the K-1 visa process, when you know you know right? smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.