ADM PRO

Decision before interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
please can someone answer this question for me.

i went for interview last year march and i was denied because i never presented enough evidence.The case was later reaffirmed and i was called for my second interview last month.but on the day of my interview the lady CO took my package and after she went through,she called three other CO to go through and after that i saw them nodding their heads looks like they where confused.

finally my number was called with no much questions and at the end she kept my passport and gave me two sheet containing CONTACT SHEET and 221g form on A P.

i noticed my case has been decided before my interview.and my police and medical report expires ending of February.

my questions,

Does it mean cases are decided before interview on whom to APPROVE,DENY AND put under A P?

Does embassy allows medical and police report to expire in other to ask for another one before issuing a visa?

thank you all vj friends

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lagos is the most difficult consulate to deal with. They never cease to surprise me.

I'm not surprised that your case was put in AP after a reaffirmation. I'm sorry, all you can do is wait.

Yes, medicals can expire, you'll need a new one if asked.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The CO is supposed to review the case before the interview and most likely makes a preliminary decision before hand. They know if your names checks have cleared and if they want to check things out more. So yes a lot of the deciding is done based on what they see. The contact sheet seems to be new , and seems to have popped up this year with the end if DV lottery, probably because those desperate to get to the US think nothing of "falling in love" with a USC at least as long as it takes to get a green card.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

For all consulates cases are reviewed so IO has a basic info so they can clarify or ask questions based on evidence presented... However, for difficult consulates this pre approval/denial is definitely a factor and practiced... That is why front loading the petition is highly recommended, especially for,hi fraud consulates

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

i went for interview last year march and i was denied because i never presented enough evidence.The case was later reaffirmed and i was called for my second interview last month.but on the day of my interview the lady CO took my package and after she went through,she called three other CO to go through and after that i saw them nodding their heads looks like they where confused.

finally my number was called with no much questions and at the end she kept my passport and gave me two sheet containing CONTACT SHEET and 221g form on A P.

i noticed my case has been decided before my interview.and my police and medical report expires ending of February.

my questions,

Does it mean cases are decided before interview on whom to APPROVE,DENY AND put under A P?

Does embassy allows medical and police report to expire in other to ask for another one before issuing a visa?

thank you all vj friends

When you were sent back to USCIS did you get NOID or NOIR so you submitted evidence to the denial points and sent in and then you were affirmed.

Or were you just reaffirmed after you were sent to USCIS?

I ask because looks like the embassy hasn't had alot of time to check out your evidence. That would be the reason for AP.

And of course a decision is made before you come to interview. You have at best 20 minutes. they have already looked over what you sent in. So the first time you sent in not much or nothing so how are they suppose to render a favorable decision.

This is just like a job interview you have the resume they can feel if they want you or not now they call you in to see if you match up to their expectations. How you answer and how you present yourself at interview can save or sink your goal.

i have seen and heard many a interview at embassy go wrong because the immigrant couldn't answer the question or got so rattled over simple thing.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
my questions,
Does embassy allows medical and police report to expire in other to ask for another one before issuing a visa? The embassy does not purposely let the medical or PC expire. They do expire because of the long period it takes to finish the AP as there's no specific timeframe for it. They will surely ask for a new medical or PC before they will issue the visa BUT there are also circumstances wherein they ask for a new medical/PC while the AP is not yet over. The AP can continue even if you submit a new medical or PC.
thank you all vj friends
Edited by apple21

Timeline

to me i believe they wanted my medical and police to expire that is why i was put under A.P since it will expire in a months time,because i front loaded during my reaffirm level and i see no reason why i should be put under A p

Timeline

to me i believe they wanted my medical and police to expire that is why i was put under A.P since it will expire in a months time,because i front loaded during my reaffirm level and i see no reason why i should be put under A p

That makes no sense being put in AP because of expired medical or police report is of no matter to the embassy they just ask for a new one. They get no money benefit from you getting a new one.

Dear there are a million reasons for AP. You were denied and now the CO wants to take an extra look.

Here are some maybe's that I have seen others put in AP for:

1. Are you Muslim by chance or have a muslim name?

2. Have you ever applied before for a Visa, visitor, student, someone else petition, diversity lottery?

Look over all those denial points to get reaffirmed. That is what they are looking at so look it over they could be sending out field investigators, name checking all kids of things.

All you can do is wait?

You were given that 221G for a contact list correct? If so they are investigating you seems a new thing lately in Lagos.

But your expired medical and PCC has no relevance why you are in AP? heck Pakistan some of them have had to renew 2 and 3 times (yes thats once a year)

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

AP is given often, mostly for extra security checks, or for name checks... Lately, Nigeria has commonly been putting people into AP ... Not a conspiracy against your personally IMO

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

And that's not front-loading dear. Front-loading is way up FRONT when you filed the petition.

You were sent a denial letter I assume to revoke or deny and you needed to present evidence to each of the denial points the CO mentioned. As you said you didn't send evidence when you submitted so now everything you submitted is after the fact.

Most reaffirms at 2nd interview get approved no wahala at all. So for you to be put in AP (I know 2 other reaffirms in same situation) is quite alarming.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

am reasoning to you words now dweel and i see where is given my that problem.i remember the first and second CO asked me how i met my wife and i told them i met my wife in Nigeria and they were so determine to know her intention in Nigeria since she has no tie to Nigeria.an i explained but it seems they are not satisfied abt my explanation

Timeline

am reasoning to you words now dweel and i see where is given my that problem.i remember the first and second CO asked me how i met my wife and i told them i met my wife in Nigeria and they were so determine to know her intention in Nigeria since she has no tie to Nigeria.an i explained but it seems they are not satisfied abt my explanation

Now thats interesting. Yes that could very well be the reason for them to take a deeper look. Sometimes its not always about the beneficiary. Some petitioners are suspect also.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.