2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thanks so much for answer.

I hope my case will be approved fast. I think I mailed all paperwork.

The only thing I did not have is police reports on my husband. somehow it got disappeared in precinct and they did not arrest him. but I had a affidavit from my friend about this police story.

Just pray and wait.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I do have a lawyer Sandra, but she wanted to charge me for renew EAD and I did that by my self.

Do you think I have to tell that to my layer?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

MeE yes you suppose to get your case number after 10/15 days that you submitted you case, and after 25/35 to get your prima facie .Call your lawyer and ask, but if he has the mails and never told you then you have a bad lawyer, and I would be worry about it, cause if a lawyer does not communicate properly with his/her client then he/she will screw up the case,period.

Filed: Timeline

Godisgreat you will be fine.I explained here a few times some adjudicatos are new in their position then they can decide right away, they have to show their supervisor. They will approve you,give some days believe me.

Hi Sandra,

I have a question that is kinda similar to Godisgreat situation.

I am now I 360 approved and my case is in NBC at the moment. I am waiting for interview at the moment.

I am currently under F1 visa status and my school is ending march. My I-20 is also expiring. april this year.

So should I continue with school or not?

I have an option to reapply for I-20 signing for another course at the same school, or I can just notify the school that I am in process for change of status and not signing another program.

I have heard that if I apply for F1 visa status which is nonimigrant visa is contradictory with I 485 which is immigrant visa. I have finished all levels from the program I have signed 2 years ago so in the moment I dont like to continue with school. On the other side I will be out of status and in scenario if my I 485 will be denied I can not stay here.

what do you think ?

Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Sandra I went to my biometrics appointment today and funny thing they took my picture but only my right index finger for the fingerprint is it normal?

Timeline

VAWA111 you can maintain your F-1 status and you should do that as a backup,but you don't need to go to school if you don't want, but in case of denial you would be without status, because there is guarantee of approval I would maintain F-1 status, but it's up to you.

Timeline

islandchick08 I would say 60% of the members here filed Vawa without having a lawyer, I helped hundreds of members with their Vawa, I review the alien affidavit,the alien's friends/family affidavits and review the documents to submit without charging any fee. I do not sign the petition and i do no represent the alien, but I helped hundreds here to have their case approved.I am an attorney and advocate for victims of domestic violence.If you need my help i have to read your story first to see if i find any abuse and bonafide marriage and then we take from there, if you need my help of course.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

Hi every one

I was looking at my papers today and I found on my approved VAWA a very strange thing.I was married to American citizen.I found that my priority date as stated on the VAWA approved application is July 2011(same date I applied with my abusive partner for green card ) although my VAWA was approved on August 2013.

Does this mean anything?should I expect my application to go faster than others bec of this priority date?Does this affect issue date on my green card to be earlier than normal issue date?Does any one has the same situation and can share their experiences.

Thank you all for your continuous support.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi every one

I was looking at my papers today and I found on my approved VAWA a very strange thing.I was married to American citizen.I found that my priority date as stated on the VAWA approved application is July 2011(same date I applied with my abusive partner for green card ) although my VAWA was approved on August 2013.

Does this mean anything?should I expect my application to go faster than others bec of this priority date?Does this affect issue date on my green card to be earlier than normal issue date?Does any one has the same situation and can share their experiences.

Thank you all for your continuous support.

Funny that u shd mention that cause i also noticed the same thing on mine. Didnt really put much thought into it. Any info, anyone?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.