2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Sandra,

When do you think would be appropriate to contact the Congress representative regarding the transfer of I-485 from the NBC to the Local Office? I know that many people are in my position - waiting. My case has been at the NBC for more 3 months now (since the beginning of November 2013) and the online system says that my case was last updated in the middle of November 2013. They took fingerprints at the end of November 2013.

According to the USCIS/AILA conference (from May 2013), the NBC does "weekly sweeps to ensure we have valid fingerprint results and move cases to the field expeditiously." This is obviously not happening. I have no way of knowing if my fingerprints have been processed. According to the system, they probably have not been processed. Otherwise, my case should have been updated since the last update in mid-November 2013.

Do you think that it is a good idea to contact my Congress representative after 3 months of wait? Or do you think it's still too early and I should wait a bit longer? After how many months of the case being at the NBC would you say it is a good idea to contact the Congress representative?

Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

piper2013 one of the girls here asked her congress person to inquire USCIS, since she was waiting 5 months to have her interview scheduled . The congressman inquired USCIS 3 times and guess what? they took 9 months to set up the alien interview despite all inquiries, then i's up to you. I have many cases still waiting interview since May/Aug 2013.Every time I called USCIS said they are doing background check.I would wait at least 5 months.

Edited by sandranj

Bear in mind there is only no fee for an I-131 and / or I-765 (when filed with or after an I-485) if you have paid a fee for the I-485; if someone did a fee waiver for the I-485 then they will need to pay (or ask for a fee waiver) on their I-131 and / or I-765, if they file them.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I have been reading for most of the time but just joined today.
Either way, can someone please give me some advise on what to do during the I485 interview?
I will be going with my lawyer and a day after the interview is my biometrics appointment.

How long does it usually take before someone receives the Green Card?

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Survival is a form of resistance

Timeline

blackpearl929 as you can read here most off all interviews were fast and without any incident. Usually they ask to see all original documents that you submitted copies along with forms I-360/ I485(birth certificate,marriage certificate,valid passport, divorce decree if you have one, previous divorce decree if previous divorced). It's advised to take proof of bonafide marriage, despite most adjudicators do not ask to for that, but I saw some officers that asked to see wedding pictures, bills in name of the couple etc.

Stay calm, just talk when the officer asks questions. Don't keep talking/giving information when the adjudicator is looking in your papers, be quiet LOL. Because your fingerprints will be after your interview then probably you will get your GC in 60/90days .

Hi everyone,

I just want to say thank you since I got my green card throw vawa. Thank you for answering my question. Especially, Sandra, thank you so much. You always answer my question.

So my vawa was approved last July and had been retaken a fingerprint on Jan. (last taken was 2011) Without any notices about transfer, I had an interview notice in the end of Jan.

My daughter (21 years age) and I went to have interview last week. The interviewer asked us some questions regarding of I-485 and she asked me to turn in my ex husbands proof of his divorce with his ex wife and my proof of divorced with my ex husband. We both were divorced before we got married. However, I did't not have his proof of it with his ex wife. The interviewer was like "It's ok. If you don't have it." After an hour interview, she said "OK. That's it. And we will let you know in two weeks how your I-485 goes." I was like what.. I thought she was going to tell us if it was approved or denied... And, this is so bad.. They lost my daughter's medical record. I was told that my daughter has to retake a medical exam and turn in within 87 days. I couldn't believe this..How much it costed in my country...

Anyway, we went home so depressed because she told us that they were going to hold our I-485 and they lost my daughters medical record.

Next day, I checked my case status and it said "Card/Document Production." But not my daughter yet.She has to get a medical exam...

Will see how it goes.. (Well, the interviewer freaked me out a little bit when she gave me a letter which said "We hold your I-485 and is currently undergoing...")

Thank you and I hope everything goes OK with you.

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I want to ask all people who are in my situation if they had interview yet or no.My I-485(based on VAWA) was transferred to NBC in October 2013 and till now it did not transfer to my local office and I did not have any interview letter yet plus my status on the USCIS site is saying "Initial Review "till now.

Any advices or updates are highly appreciated to move this case to green card issuing.

Thank you all.

Hi all,

I want to ask all people who are in my situation if they had interview yet or no.My I-485(based on VAWA) was transferred to NBC in October 2013 and till now it did not transfer to my local office and I did not have any interview letter yet plus my status on the USCIS site is saying "Initial Review "till now.

Any advices or updates are highly appreciated to move this case to green card issuing.

Thank you all.

I am in the same boat. File transferred to NBC in Oct 2013 and no update since then. Still waiting for it to get transferred to local office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

fancy 1 and donehere,

I'm in the same boat. My file was transferred to NBC in early November 2013 and no update since then. Please let us know if there is any movement. I'll do the same.

Hi guys, as per telephone convo with IO, they are now processing July 2013 applications Edited by islandinthesun1

Hello SandraNJ, I went to my aos interview,i went with attorney and io put a circle on the option file held for review.The interview lasted for about fifteen mins. I was asked about all my addresses after because I move a lot , then I was asked that I should be in school because iam f-1 but I told I was in school the whole 360 incident messed up my school(Does the messed performance in School decides my fate,which solely happened due to abuse) ,that's what really happened. then I was asked about my arrest but I had copies from my court in which judge dismissed my arrest case and terminated my probation, completing a plea of non-guilty(Io kept copies of all these and my divorce).I was then asked about yes/no questions from 485 , she filled new form in front of me and told me the changes.and new g-28.Also she got details of where I was working & my title in the job,(does having a good job affects your case?) Then she took my i94 mentioned I don`t need it and said I will receive something in about 30 days, she said I don`t think I need a second interview & didn't ask about medical but just have to review my file.she gave my back my ead and passport.I have been crying since then ,I knew truth will win , I was praying to God to give my justice. I am still crying ,online it says my details were updated on 485.I am just so overwhelmed,not able to eat ,walk,talk. What do you think is my mistake,I never lied about anything ,bad things happened to me in my marriage ,that's why filed 360,she saw all my genuine police reports ,how I was assaulted more than twice by my spouse,leaving me with blood on my face,ears& mouth,and a psychological evaluation,she had my whole file,all proofs of bonafide marriage were clear,joint lease,joint bank accounts,photos,letter from neighbours,letter from close friends,police clearance from my home country and here etceven my arrest here was dismissed and judge agreed to enter non-guilty because of my good behavior & compiling with all requirements.What to do now?I really wish if I had your number & would have called you right away.Please give me some light in the name of Creator God.

"God is without any mark, quoit, colour, caste or creed.

No one can give any explanation of His form, dress, outline and complexion

God is the Lord of three worlds (land, air, water) not only gods, men and demons, but the whole

vegetable world announces that none is equal and alike God

None can utter all of Your names. Wise men who realise Your virtues, call You in the same way

Glory to the God"

Edited by godisgreat23

Timeline

Godisgreat you will be fine.I explained here a few times some adjudicatos are new in their position then they can decide right away, they have to show their supervisor. They will approve you,give some days believe me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.