2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Lop you are wrong about one thing, the people in the infopass are immigration officers ,they are not clercks ok.If you.have your case with your local ffice you can try to speak with the officer handling your case,but if your case is not with the local office you can't go to the infopass. and ask to speak with an immigration officer since the one you have an appointment is an immigration officer .

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Faith 38 :,you have to file form l131 ,and it will take 3/4 months for Uscis to issue the AP.There is no guarantee you will reentry,keep this in mind.You can get AP in 24hours if you have a doctor letter stating about how serious is her health right now,without the letter you have to wait a few months.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Sandra! I did not know that.

Ana-stas Sorry girl=(

Hey everybody: "The practice of patience guards us against losing our presence of mind." - Dalai Lama

I am getting really impatient as well, but life has its own way apparently, and we gotta try to live in the present, to get rid of anxiousness of living in future.

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you Sandra! I did not know that.

Ana-stas Sorry girl=(

Hey everybody: "The practice of patience guards us against losing our presence of mind." - Dalai Lama

I am getting really impatient as well, but life has its own way apparently, and we gotta try to live in the present, to get rid of anxiousness of living in future.

Omg how true you are.

Thanks my dear

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I am I on my way home from the infopass. Unfornunately did not get any updates about my case. I was told my I-360 is pending and there is nothing I can do. I am going crazy.

im sorry to hear that!

I can imagine how hard it is to wait for so long !!!

hope everything will work out very very soon =))

Timeline

im sorry to hear that!

I can imagine how hard it is to wait for so long !!!

hope everything will work out very very soon =))

Oh thanks a lot:) I still hope to get the approval notice very soon (fingers crossed).

Sandra, tell me please if you had ever helped any vawa petitioners to file an expidite request? If yes had it ever been granted?

Timeline

ANA-Stas yes I filed several requests to expedite Vawa cases.All request granted, but all cases were very well documented showing extreme emergent situation.

Check it out USCIS expedite criteria

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Timeline

<p>ANA-Stas yes I filed several requests to expedite Vawa cases.All request granted, but all cases were very well documented showing extreme emergent situation.Check it out USCIS expedite criteria

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Thank you again and again for your help.

How do you think if the situation in Ukraine right now falls under humanitarian situation. I am so stressed out. So many people are killed every day right in my region. The first thing I do in rhe morning is I call my mom and ask if everyone is ok.i have never thought Russia could do that to Ukraine.

Timeline

Ana stas humanitarian situation would be if you were fleeing from violence , to the US, not the opposite. I don't believe they will expedite for this season,if you were there waiting a decision then yes they would expedite. You are not in danger here . Unfortunately they won't take in consideration the danger your family is facing since they don't have any petition filed with Uscis .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I filed the I-360 and I-485 together in January 2014 as well as employment authorization. When I received my receipt notices none of them could be found on the USCIS case status. My I-360 was approved in April and my EAD in May and following the approvals I was able to see the case status for these applications online. My I-485 still states the receipt number cannot be found. I understand that the I-485 will now likely be sent to the National Benefits Center or in some cases it is sent directly to the local office which for me is Fort Smith. Its driving me crazy not knowing where my file is. If it was sent to the NBC then surely they would send me a letter in the mail saying my file had been moved as other have received this by email? I know that months of waiting are to follow but I don't want my file to stay sat in Vermont for 6 months before it goes to the next stage.

My sister in law who is from Brazil is having a Christening for my nephew in January 2015 and has asked me to be godmother. It is a really big deal to her and it breaks my heart I have to tell her I probably wont' be able to go. If there is anyway I can get approved for the I-485 by January I want to do everything I can to try and do that. I have heard it is too risky to use AP on a VAWA case although I did travel abroad on my initial I-485 using AP before I filed VAWA and re-entered with no problems.

I have thought about making an infopass appointment to see if they can tell me anything but I have heard they don't give any information out on VAWA based I-485 cases. It is a 1 1/2 hour trip and I would have to miss work so would like to avoid a wasted trip if possible. I have written to Vermont but haven't received a reply. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

VAWA

February 10, 2014 - NOA1 for I-360, I485 and I-765

March 14, 2014 - Biometrics

April 4, 2014 - Approval of I-360!

May 14, 2014 - Approval of EAD

June 23, 2014 - I-485 transferred to NBC

August 7, 2014 - Put in service request

September 23, 2014 - Interview - approved!

October 4, 2014 - Green card received

Total time:7 months 25 days

Timeline

hannaB the I-485 will stay at the NBC minimum 5/8months , all cases that reached local office after leaving Vermont, stayed there 10/15 days and ALL were sent to the NBC after a few days.I have Vawa cases approved in August and September 2013, and the aliens did not have interview yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.