2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

my RFE was for my arrest disposition arrest dismissal. I was arrested in usa long ago but my case was dismissed. I forgot to put it in my package when mailed out.

that's it. but my FBI clearance was NO PRIOR ARREST FOUND my record was clean.

Congratulations!!!!!

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

mashaka911 There is no justification for immigration why you worked without EAD after filing Vawa.The Law states if the alien submitted just form I-360 WITHOUT I-485 and I-765 then the alien CANNOT WORK, after Vawa approval the alien can work after receiving EAD .

If the money you received came from any company in the US you still needed a valid work permit to work.

You are filing I-485 then the category for your I-765 is ( C ) ( 9 ) ( ).

Submit proof of bonafide marriage showing commingling finances, if you have lease agreement in name of both,utilities bills in name of both submit as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

mashaka911 There is no justification for immigration why you worked without EAD after filing Vawa.The Law states if the alien submitted just form I-360 WITHOUT I-485 and I-765 then the alien CANNOT WORK, after Vawa approval the alien can work after receiving EAD .

If the money you received came from any company in the US you still needed a valid work permit to work.

You are filing I-485 then the category for your I-765 is ( C ) ( 9 ) ( ).

Submit proof of bonafide marriage showing commingling finances, if you have lease agreement in name of both,utilities bills in name of both submit as well.

Sandra im sorry I don't understand why I need to send a proof of bonafide marriage again? I don't live with him for more then a year. he filed his taxes separate. I have old lease on both names and old utility bills on both names. ill be sending i485 based on approved I360 now.

Edited by mashaka911

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Mashaka911 I saw so many cases that the alien submitted all documents proving bonafide marriage along with form I-360, and after NBC received form I-485 they sent RFE asking proof of bonafide marriage again.I always submit,never got RFE , but many of my colleagues do not submit, and often they are receiving RFE asking to prove bonafide marriage.

Current status: I-485 pending.

oh you have to fill out form I-864W, not the I-864.

Regarding your arrest you must submit a COURT DISPOSITION CERTIFIED, and not just copy of the arrest and dismissal.

I am going to bed,lol

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

TariedL my knowledge regarding Vawa is because I am an attorney,lol, and nine years member of visa journey.

Considering that she filed for divorce in California, you will be fine, because California is a no fault divorce State and has just two ground for dissolution of marriage "Irreconcilable differences",or "Incurable insanity". Probably she filed based in irreconcilable differences, the divorce decree will show just "irreconcilable differences", not if cheated on her or not.

To find out where she filed for divorce you should go to the Court in the County where she lives.

If you are not divorced you can file Vawa when you want,if you are divorced then you must apply within two years after he divorce.If your divorce happened over 2 years ago then you can't file Vawa anymore.

Thanks again for this information Sandranj, definitely is relieving to hear! At least knowing that it is a no fault state, it means one less thing she could lie about or manipulate to try and cause me problems!

As for the divorce, I'm been on the phone trying to figure this out today! I will update here as soon as I find out exactly what has happened!

Either way, the divorce won't have happened over two years ago, so I should be fine regardless, but at least it gives me a boost to get it done quicker!

Google in your state "phsycologist evaluation immigration"

that is how I was looking for one.

Sometimes it worth the trouble to go to the other state to do the eveluation.

It has to be PhD clinical pshycologiest though familiar with abuse.

I know this wasn't meant for me, but thank you - this should make it easier to find!

Timeline

Mashaka911 I saw so many cases that the alien submitted all documents proving bonafide marriage along with form I-360, and after NBC received form I-485 they sent RFE asking proof of bonafide marriage again.I always submit,never got RFE , but many of my colleagues do not submit, and often they are receiving RFE asking to prove bonafide marriage.

Current status: I-485 pending.

oh you have to fill out form I-864W, not the I-864.

Regarding your arrest you must submit a COURT DISPOSITION CERTIFIED, and not just copy of the arrest and dismissal.

I am going to bed,lol

good night =) and thanks

will mail out Monday =)) but will go the church first thing Sunday =))

Filed: Timeline

Jessy L usually USCIS deny AOS based in vawa just if the alien has a felony or significant misdemeanor, or if the alien is bigamous,or if the alien remarried while Vawa was pending,or before filing Vawa, or if they find any misrepresentation,besides that they don't deny AOS

Thank you very much !

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Sandranj, i mentioned earlier on this forum that my grandmother is ill,so i would like to file for advance parole ,how do i go about it ? How long does it take ? Thanks in advance .

Filed: Timeline

Ana-stas, I go to infopass almost as often as I go to my car mechanic (sadly I have a very bad car)

Here is my advise, Sandra please correct me if I am wrong anywhere, don't want to give bad advise

Basically when you go to infopass you don't talk to officers, you just stand there and a "clerk" (dunno what they r called) tries to help you the best s/he can or wants through a window

I bring originals of some important paperwork just to show what's going on, but I used to bring copies as well. Bring DL, you can also bring passport just in case, and all the docs you will find applicable to your case, like receipt from them receiving your files, establishing of prima facie case, and some little things like that. One time man helped me so much, he let me go, but took copy of one of my paperwork, right after I had some positive changes out there, dunno if its connected though. He was a cool man, he really tried to help!

But last time when I went there lady did not look like helping me at all, she just gave me information where is my file and told me to write them a letter....When I came back home, my relative advised me to try to ask for an actual officer next time, because they have more authority.

Good luck to you, remember infopass is not an interview so do not worry, the worst case scenario - they will not be helpful, but be persistent, ask questions - like where, what to do in this situation, and so on...I hope your case will get approved soon!

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ana-stas, I go to infopass almost as often as I go to my car mechanic (sadly I have a very bad car)

Here is my advise, Sandra please correct me if I am wrong anywhere, don't want to give bad advise

Basically when you go to infopass you don't talk to officers, you just stand there and a "clerk" (dunno what they r called) tries to help you the best s/he can or wants through a window

I bring originals of some important paperwork just to show what's going on, but I used to bring copies as well. Bring DL, you can also bring passport just in case, and all the docs you will find applicable to your case, like receipt from them receiving your files, establishing of prima facie case, and some little things like that. One time man helped me so much, he let me go, but took copy of one of my paperwork, right after I had some positive changes out there, dunno if its connected though. He was a cool man, he really tried to help!

But last time when I went there lady did not look like helping me at all, she just gave me information where is my file and told me to write them a letter....When I came back home, my relative advised me to try to ask for an actual officer next time, because they have more authority.

Good luck to you, remember infopass is not an interview so do not worry, the worst case scenario - they will not be helpful, but be persistent, ask questions - like where, what to do in this situation, and so on...I hope your case will get approved soon!

Thank you a lot for your response! It is very helpful! My case is taking forever. Hope to get some help tomorrow. Neither ombudsman nor the congressman really helped me;(

Thank you a lot for your response! It is very helpful! My case is taking forever. Hope to get some help tomorrow. Neither ombudsman nor the congressman really helped me;(

Timeline

Hello everyone, how are you doing? It was hot hot hot today, wasn't it, al least in NYC.

Need your advice. Tomorrow is my first Infopass (vawa taking too long). What to expect? What to bring? Only receipts numbers and ID?

Good luck to You tomorrow!! Ill pray for you girl !

I will mail out my I485 Monday waiting for medical and pay check. LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.