2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I was just wondering if i can go back to school with the prima facie letter? Before my husband stopped me from going i was doing my pre reqs for med school with a 3.8 gpa. I really want to go back and finish.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was just wondering if i can go back to school with the prima facie letter? Before my husband stopped me from going i was doing my pre reqs for med school with a 3.8 gpa. I really want to go back and finish.

I was trying to go to school here in New York with Prima facie unfortunately They said I cant! Even can not get drives license or state ID =(

But yes You can get Medicaid with it I got it but when they mailed it to me it was for Emergency use only then I called them and spent 5 hrs on a phone so they can fix it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not true!I Got full financial aid including student loans, grants and every available FA with prima facie.

may be it depends on a state?

did you have EAD at that time?

Filed: Other Timeline

Milania..I had the same situiation like u..print out the dear colleuges letter and attach it to your prima facie..every time i applied for FA I had to debate that Im eligible..ull fall under category qualified alien.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

MIlania with PRIMA FACIE you qualify to receive federal student financial assistance (FAFSA), and go back to school.

http://ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/GEN1007.html

Florida requirement to obtain a DL is to have a social security number, and to have a SSN you need to have a work permit.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have been having difficulties getting an update on my case because my I-485 receipt number isn't recognized on the USCIS website. Yesterday I talked with my lawyer to see if she could send an email to Vermont to check on where my file is. I only got my I-360 in April 2014 so I know I have a long way to go but it was driving me crazy that if something happened in my case I wouldn't know about it. She told me I needed to wait about year before she would start chasing USCIS. She gave me the email address for Vermont and said I could send them an email if I wanted but not to hold my breath for a response. So I emailed Vermont yesterday. This morning I did my daily check to see if my receipt number showed anything and today it did! It now shows my I-485 case and states that yesterday my file was transferred to the local office. I am relieved that I will hopefully get updates from now on.

I had a couple of questions - I have read here that it is common for a case to show online as being transferred to the local office and then within a day or within hours it changes to being transferred to NBC. Here is the status right now?

"Initial Review - On June 23, 2014, we transferred your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address"

1. What would the status change to when it is transferred to NBC?

2. Is it even possible that my local office would process it from now on or is inevitable that it goes to NBC to sit there for months?

Edited by Hannah B

VAWA

February 10, 2014 - NOA1 for I-360, I485 and I-765

March 14, 2014 - Biometrics

April 4, 2014 - Approval of I-360!

May 14, 2014 - Approval of EAD

June 23, 2014 - I-485 transferred to NBC

August 7, 2014 - Put in service request

September 23, 2014 - Interview - approved!

October 4, 2014 - Green card received

Total time:7 months 25 days

Timeline

I am expecting to receive a request for a new medical since mine was done in November 2012. When the time comes I want to be able to get it done asap so I have research civil surgeons in my area. The cost for the medical for my local civil surgeon is $175. Does this sound reasonable?

VAWA

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hanna the local office will set up interview just if you have everything in the file to attend an interview ,such as medical exam,l864W,copy of birth certificate otherwise they will ship the case to the NBC ,NBC will mail the RFE requesting you what they need to set up interview .The case wil be with NBC for 4/9months .I know people that paid $400/850 for medical exam.The price you found is great.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Hanna the local office will set up interview just if you have everything in the file to attend an interview ,such as medical exam,l864W,copy of birth certificate otherwise they will ship the case to the NBC ,NBC will mail the RFE requesting you what they need to set up interview .The case wil be with NBC for 4/9months .I know people that paid $400/850 for medical exam.The price you found is great.

Great thanks Sandranj. I thought $175 sounded like a good price too.

I've read that sometimes instead of getting an rfe the new medical exam form isn't requested until the day of the interview itself. Is this common?

VAWA

Timeline

hannah just last week 3women from this thread went to the Interview,and Uscis asked them a new medical exam done,but they didn't get any RFE requesting medical exam before the Interview.

Ok thanks. I know the process is different for everyone and I just have to just be patient and see what comes my way. If I don't get an rfe for the medical then I will make sure to have it done to take to the interview.

I think everything else should be in order so I will keep my fingers crossed I will have an interview this year and get to see my Brazilian side of the family in January!

VAWA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.