2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Guys when I file i485 should I include tax return for the last 3 years? I did work without work authorization and pay taxes every year and claimed my son as a dependent.

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

mashaka911 if you worked without work permit BEFORE filing Vawa then you won't have any problem, but if you worked without EAD AFTER filing Vawa then you can have a big problem. You don;t have to submit tax return along with form I485.It's advised to take to the interview, just in case if they ask to see your tax return.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

mashaka911 if you worked without work permit BEFORE filing Vawa then you won't have any problem, but if you worked without EAD AFTER filing Vawa then you can have a big problem. You don;t have to submit tax return along with form I485.It's advised to take to the interview, just in case if they ask to see your tax return.

I just didn't understand what do you mean by working after filing VAWA.

I have 3 yo son I need to feed him

even if I will not work right now I still gonna have income. I receive life time residual commissions from my company.

should I include letter explanation why I worked without EAD I included one in my VAWA case.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

mashaka911 unfortunately it does not matter if you paid taxes.It's just allowed to work here who is a GC holder,or any alien with VALID EAD! After filing Vawa the alien MUST NOT work without EAD. You complied with IRS rules paying tax, but you infringed Immigration Law working without EAD .

USCIS forgives if the alien worked without EAD before filing any petition with the service, but once you filed a petition you must follow the Law. AOS is discretionary, it means they are not obligated to approve anyone GC, they will decide case by case, you can find a nice officer and he/she won't give a damn because you worked without EAD after filing Vawa, but you can find a tough one , and then you will be in trouble.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

mashaka911 unfortunately it does not matter if you paid taxes.It's just allowed to work here who is a GC holder,or any alien with VALID EAD! After filing Vawa the alien MUST NOT work without EAD. You complied with IRS rules paying tax, but you infringed Immigration Law working without EAD .

USCIS forgives if the alien worked without EAD before filing any petition with the service, but once you filed a petition you must follow the Law. AOS is discretionary, it means they are not obligated to approve anyone GC, they will decide case by case, you can find a nice officer and he/she won't give a damn because you worked without EAD after filing Vawa, but you can find a tough one , and then you will be in trouble.

ok. will hope for the best. do you think I should include an explanation letter why I worked without EAD?

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh wow I'm so so so sorry to hear that. I got approved in 4 month 16 days. But i got RFE April 9th and they got my response April 11th. U got rfe ? You live in new York?

Oh wow I'm so so so sorry to hear that. I got approved in 4 month 16 days. But i got RFE April 9th and they got my response April 11th. U got rfe ? You live in new York?[/quote

What was your RFE for?

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Timeline

Sandra one more question plz

here is the list of papers for my I485 package

1) i360 approval notice

2) 1070$ check

3) i485 form

4) G325 A

5)i765

question 16 is C14?

6) i864w

7) i131 just in case

8)copy of passport, visa page, i94 both sides

9) copy of ead

10)copy of ss card

11)copy of marriage certificate

12) birth certificate translated

13) son birth certificate

14) arrest disposition case dismissal

15) medical form

16) 8 passport pictures with a# and last name in the back

is there anything else?

thanks a lot..

Timeline

Oh wow I'm so so so sorry to hear that. I got approved in 4 month 16 days. But i got RFE April 9th and they got my response April 11th. U got rfe ? You live in new York?

Oh wow I'm so so so sorry to hear that. I got approved in 4 month 16 days. But i got RFE April 9th and they got my response April 11th. U got rfe ? You live in new York?[/quote

What was your RFE for?

my RFE was for my arrest disposition arrest dismissal. I was arrested in usa long ago but my case was dismissed. I forgot to put it in my package when mailed out.

that's it. but my FBI clearance was NO PRIOR ARREST FOUND my record was clean.

Filed: Other Timeline

my RFE was for my arrest disposition arrest dismissal. I was arrested in usa long ago but my case was dismissed. I forgot to put it in my package when mailed out.

that's it. but my FBI clearance was NO PRIOR ARREST FOUND my record was clean.

Congratulations!!!!!

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!

thanks but now I am stressed that I worked without EAD for 2 years I did tax return paid my taxes. I had to feed my 3yo son and pay for my apartment and I have a great job I didn't want to lose it. and I guess it will be a problem now. SMH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.