44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

With the proof more is better. These INS officers need to make them selves feel comfortable with granting the petition so the more paperwork they have look at the better!

When I had my first interview at the consulate for the I-130 I submitted 1,000 pictures, 10 months of joint bank statements, letters, copies of my families passports when they came to the country and visited me, joint rental agreements and any thing else I thought of.

Once my wife got to the USA and the 2 years went by I had to submit the proof for her removal of barriers at that time we had a lot more documents to give and I sent them a nice big package. We had several hundred photos, mortgage receipts, adoption contract when we adopted our cat. Anything that showed we were both together and 2 years of bank statements here in the USA. A few months later they approved the petition and issued her the 10 year green card..

So honestly.. You cant ever have too many documents.

Our consulate interview may have took 8 hours but they only asked us 2 questions after they took the time to review the paperwork.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

With the proof more is better. These INS officers need to make them selves feel comfortable with granting the petition so the more paperwork they have look at the better!

When I had my first interview at the consulate for the I-130 I submitted 1,000 pictures, 10 months of joint bank statements, letters, copies of my families passports when they came to the country and visited me, joint rental agreements and any thing else I thought of.

Once my wife got to the USA and the 2 years went by I had to submit the proof for her removal of barriers at that time we had a lot more documents to give and I sent them a nice big package. We had several hundred photos, mortgage receipts, adoption contract when we adopted our cat. Anything that showed we were both together and 2 years of bank statements here in the USA. A few months later they approved the petition and issued her the 10 year green card..

Our consulate interview may have took 8 hours but they only asked us 2 questions after they took the time to review the paperwork.

I'm sure it was the cat adoption papers that sealed it. Love for pets is a strong indicator for future US citizenry.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

I'm sure it was the cat adoption papers that sealed it. Love for pets is a strong indicator for future US citizenry.

We better go out and adopt a cat!! That's the ONE thing I forgot. Thanks for reminding me. Hey how about a dog instead?

Mahalo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We better go out and adopt a cat!! That's the ONE thing I forgot. Thanks for reminding me. Hey how about a dog instead?

Mahalo

Folks, in reality, I am mystified by the range of definitions and almost complete difference of opinions surrounding "proof of bona fide marriage."

And who really takes 1000 pictures? That is just dumb. How about a handful of really meaningful pictures that show you two together in different settings but close and endearing to one another of several months span?

Is there a USCIS technical specs sheet that really defines bona fide? And why should the parameters change for the different offices and forms submitted? In my mind bona fide is bona fide, and fraud is fraud.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Please understand -

an AOS interview in the USA after using a K-1 visa is NOTHING like the 2 control points you've referenced.

N O T H I N G.

At least, it's not supposed to be. IMO, the interviewing officer messed up, using other rules for adjudication.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Folks, in reality, I am mystified by the range of definitions and almost complete difference of opinions surrounding "proof of bona fide marriage."

And who really takes 1000 pictures? That is just dumb. How about a handful of really meaningful pictures that show you two together in different settings but close and endearing to one another of several months span?

Is there a USCIS technical specs sheet that really defines bona fide? And why should the parameters change for the different offices and forms submitted? In my mind bona fide is bona fide, and fraud is fraud.

there is a list of red flags, and a list of evidence for bonafide stuff, and a checklist for which type of adjudication needs it.

and all is in the Adjudicators Manual and revisions to 9FAM.

as to difference of opinions, well, folk are comparing different things. apples to oranges, almost.

AOS rules are not the ROC rules.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Lots of confusion here.

An I-485 packet from K-1 does not require proof of bona fide marriage.

However, if the couple is selected for an interview, then yes, then need to bring some evidence.

The evidence bar is probably low, because it is understood the couple are newlyweds. The IO can ask questions about married life and that will satisfy any doubt.

The OP was selected for an interview and failed the interview. The OP was given a RFE after the interview for more proof of a bona fide marriage. This is all rather unusual. The OP will probably have a second interview, a stokes interview. Any "proof" made now will count for little.

An AOS interview from K-1 can be very detailed. It's not a given pass.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Mahalo

oof

such sarcasm

many jests

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I remember I didn't send any pictures or proof with my AOS package as they understand we may just be married, common things may not be really set up yet at the time we filed but I DID bring a huge amount of evidence to the AOS interview and I also sent a ton of evidences with my ROC package for 10 yr GC. Just my personal thought, for AOS, you're not required to submit evidences in the package as anyway you will be scheduled for an interview with them but for ROC, you definitely need to include evidences so you can get the 10yr GC with no interview.

Edited by lasko12

With the proof more is better. When I had my first interview at the consulate for the I-130 I submitted 1,000 pictures, 10 months of joint bank statements...

And who really takes 1000 pictures? That is just dumb.

Please understand -

an AOS interview in the USA after using a K-1 visa is NOTHING like the 2 control points you've referenced.

N O T H I N G.

There IS such a thing as too much. And a thousand pics fits that definition. If that much info makes YOU feel better, nothing wrong with it. But it is NOT needed, and saying stuff like this causes rumors to abound and causes people to fall into the overkill zone unnecessarily.

Every consulate is different, and each officer is different. But if you meet the minimum requirements at each step along the way, you will be fine. If you have a little more than the minimum, you will be fine. If you have a lot more, you will be fine. But you will carry around a suitcase of stuff that is not needed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

this happened to us in July 2013. We sent tax returns, joint bank statements, vacation tickets, and affidavit letters from parents and close friends. Still not enough and we are being asked to come and interview. It is ridiculous. I understand they must have a huge amount of fake cases, but it's very upsetting and frustrating. I wish these immigrations officers would just come live with us for a couple weeks to see we are really in a real, good faith marriage. I don't know what else we can send them to prove! Good luck with your case.

Jan 10th 2009 - Met whilst I was working in the US on a J1 Visa
July 31st 2009 - I had to leave the US (visa expired and no jobs)
Sep 5th 2009 - I returned to the US to visit for 2 months

Dec 30th 2009 - He came to England to visit me for 10 days
Dec 31st 2009 - Engaged!!! He proposed in London at midnight
Jan 2010 - Sent I-129f application

Feb 12th 2010 - received NOA1

March - I visited for 2 weeks
May 4th 2010 - received NOA2

June - I visited for 2 weeks

16th July - Medical
26th July 2010! - Interview at US Embassy in London
12th August 2010 - Received K1 VISA smile.png
26th AUGUST 2010 - Enter US!!! POE ATLANTA
30th OCTOBER 2010 - Our Wedding - such a perfect day smile.png

EAD
8th November 2010 - Biometrics
27th January 2011 - EAD Received in the mail smile.png

AOS
8th November 2010 - Biometrics
3rd March 2011 - AOS Interview

ROC

Applied for removal of conditional permanent resident status
21st February 2013 I751

Received NOA MARCH 1ST 2013

Biometrics Appointment March 25th 2013

RFE July 2013

Sent RFE back September 2013

I-751 Interview in Atlanta1ST MAY 2014

10 year green card received!!!!! :joy: may 20th 2014

Timeline

this happened to us in July 2013. We sent tax returns, joint bank statements, vacation tickets, and affidavit letters from parents and close friends. Still not enough and we are being asked to come and interview. It is ridiculous. I understand they must have a huge amount of fake cases, but it's very upsetting and frustrating. I wish these immigrations officers would just come live with us for a couple weeks to see we are really in a real, good faith marriage. I don't know what else we can send them to prove! Good luck with your case.

that was for an ROC casefile adjudication, where this stuff is needed.

The OP is chasing after AOS.

Filed: Timeline

If I were you, I would send all the evidence you use for your K1 interview. Airplane tickets, letters, photos etc. also include affiliate from family members friends and neighbors. Copy of letters from friends/family addressed to both of you (maybe for the holidays/wedding?). Bank statements, car/home insurance, photos from trips you took together, and any paper that has both of your names, the more you send the better. If you only send a few document they might still have doubts, but if you provide documents that tell your story before coming to the US and after you stand a better chance. I have a friend that also received and RFE after the interview.

11/07/2013 - Sent in our applications (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

11/09/2013 - Delivery confirmed via USPS tracking

11/12/2013 (Day 01) - Application received

11/15/2013 (Day 03) - Checks cashed

11/17/2013 (Day 05) - Text and email notifications received

11/21/2013 (Day 09) - Received NOAs

11/26/2013 (Day 14) - Received biometrics appointment for Dec 9

11/26/2013 (Day 14) - Biometrics walk in

12/19/2013 (Day 37) - Call to expedite I-765

12/26/2013 (Day 44) - Status changed to testing and interview / Sent evidence to expedite EAD

01/10/2013 (Day 59) - EAD card production email/text

01/14/2013 (Day 63) - EAD card mailed email/text

01/14/2013 (Day 63) - EAD card tracking notice

01/15/2013 (Day 64) - Interview day email/text

01/16/2013 (Day 65) - EAD card arrived

02/19/2013 (Day 97) - Interview---Approved!!

02/24/2013 (Day 102) - Welcome Notice and I-130 approval notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.