Darcy Grey

K-3 Vs. CR-1 Visa HELP!

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

And if what you guys are saying is true, it pisses me off that they can flat out lie to us about i129f being 5 months. How can they do that? sad.png

But they aren't lying the average for a I-129F is 5 months. I know 4 people filed since December already approved. Remember its an average. Thats why you see people post "how can someone who just filed be approved so fast". To bring that high average down. back on August the I-130 average was 17 months. Than USCIS started approving new petitions like crazy to bring average down to 7 months.

There are over 300,000 (was 545,000 in September) I-130.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

The I-129F probably does only take 5 months on average, but that's when it's filed alone as the beginning of the fiance visa route, not as part of the k3.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

So they'd still be lying to me specifically that i129fs still take 5 months with I-130 pending, you know? Cuz I asked them specifically about my case. :(

I'm still gunna bug them tmw. I will let you guys know what they say either way. Just for curiosity even.

So you think it's totally random then? Those four people you knew - was it stand alone fiancé I-129f?

Timeline

So they'd still be lying to me specifically that i129fs still take 5 months with I-130 pending, you know? Cuz I asked them specifically about my case. sad.png

I'm still gunna bug them tmw. I will let you guys know what they say either way. Just for curiosity even.

So you think it's totally random then? Those four people you knew - was it stand alone fiancé I-129f?

Yes they were stand-alone.

When you call how in the world do you really expect them to give you a "we will approve you on xyz date". You are talking to a operator who isnt even in the building your petition is at. Petitions are collected put on shelves, in boxes sent to warehouses and sit until someone decides they want to do that week, that month, that year.

That's why its an average and like i said if i get adjudicated in 12 months and you get adjudicated in 6 or 7 the average is 6 plain and simple. They aren't lying its an average doesn't mean you will get done in 6 or 12 its there goal its not a law they can take as long as they want frankly. Be happy this isn't 2006 or earlier when a I-130 took 4 to 6 years to get approved. We have come along way.

I am not excusing them but I understand them. There isn't hundreds of thousands of workers and a worker per petition they move at the speed the managers and supervisors order. Read the adjudicators interview that's pinned here in VJ to get some insight on what goes on there.

When DACA got approved all I-129F and I-130 came to a halt we all felt that pain. We were not on the agenda and pushed aside. Now fast forward a year and a half later to now they are backlogged and really are beside themselves.

I am really sorry and you should be bugging them. They expect us to quietly accept what they do.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

What do you think would be the best questions to ask to get real answers? I'm going to get a tier 2 person.

What question is that? USCIS a TIER 2 can't answer and won't answer what is best CR1 or K3. They will read the script what a K3 is and their average to processing them.

Guess I don't understand what answers you want to hear. Or questions you want to answer?

ROC I-751

N-400

Oh sorry- I mean in regards to the i129f and i130 being processed together and all that. Is it really true- then why do an i129f? Is there actually any benefit? And since mine is in nebraska where they don't list that they even do i129fs... What's that about etc.

And any other good questions about anything that you guys thought it'd be good to ask.. I dunno. Since I'm calling anyway if anyone else had a question might as well ask all at once you know?

Timeline

Oh sorry- I mean in regards to the i129f and i130 being processed together and all that. Is it really true- then why do an i129f? Is there actually any benefit? And since mine is in nebraska where they don't list that they even do i129fs... What's that about etc.

And any other good questions about anything that you guys thought it'd be good to ask.. I dunno. Since I'm calling anyway if anyone else had a question might as well ask all at once you know?

Yes its really true. Just look at all the people getting approvals lately bnoth are approved if not same day days apart. Lauren Scott a lawyer and a contributor here on VJ went to the summit meeting of USCIS back in September and wrote up about it (it was posted somewhere here). And USCIS reported that all I-129F will be adjudicated withe the I-130. No longer will they be separated.

That's also when we found out about the transfers of the I-130 stand alone petitions being sent to TSC, CSC and NSC.

You are under the impression that the people on the phones even the tier 2 know every aspect of the governmental organization And they don't why should they. Thats what VJ and other sites are for. Thats why the USCIS operators read from a script nothing more.

ROC I-751

N-400

Yep I saw that a bit earlier actually!

I feel dumb asking and it's prob on here somewhere else but: if i129f and i130 are processed together... That means at exact same time... So at the i130 pace?

Did you see that response letter from USCIS about October filers to expect May approval or something?

Also you seem to know a lot around here.. What about USC filing from abroad? I heard it can be faster but is that only in UK?

Thanks. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What do you think would be the best questions to ask to get real answers? I'm going to get a tier 2 person.

1. what's the location of the casefile?

2. has the background checks been ordered yet?

3. have the background checks been returned yet and added to the casefile?

4. has my casefile been assigned to an adjudicator yet?

5. have the two casefiles been joined up yet?

6. when you dig in your system in front of you, what's the last ping you got back ? [the word ping is important here]

[that should keep you and an ISO busy for at least 5 minutes]

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.