dwightcharles

I dont get along with my stepdad and he threatened to send us back to the Philippines (newbie here) :)

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Really??? It just makes me sooo scared. I mean I do want to go back to the Philippines but I have already applied to one of the Art schools here in the US and I really wanted to go there and now that he is saying this, I feel so helpless cuz I dont know where I stand. I do want to move out. It's just been hell here to say the least.

I agree that there is far more to this than ketchup.

Why not become responsible for yourself by understanding that the green card that you were given provides the very foundation required for you to know exactly where you stand. That knowledge will end any feeling of helplessness while replacing it with freedom. Your not in the P I anymore and need only return there at your convince; not his.

Set your goal on that school because to get there you will need to done with what your doing now. Take Mom and others with you by understanding the laws. Follow a safe and legal path to the goal. Do what this guy wont allow you to do if you stay.

Find out about the cost of the school. Understand what a Pell grant is. You should see how you can have what you describe.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree that there is far more to this than ketchup.

Why not become responsible for yourself by understanding that the green card that you were given provides the very foundation required for you to know exactly where you stand. That knowledge will end any feeling of helplessness while replacing it with freedom. Your not in the P I anymore and need only return there at your convince; not his.

Set your goal on that school because to get there you will need to done with what your doing now. Take Mom and others with you by understanding the laws. Follow a safe and legal path to the goal. Do what this guy wont allow you to do if you stay.

Find out about the cost of the school. Understand what a Pell grant is. You should see how you can have what you describe.

I actually did all of that already. I applied for a full tuition scholarship so right now I am just waiting for that one. I do know about Fafsa and Pell grant. I basically did everything on my own. I applied for my own credit card and all that.

I really appreciate everyone on here. You guys, this means so much to me. Thank you so much.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I actually did all of that already. I applied for a full tuition scholarship so right now I am just waiting for that one. I do know about Fafsa and Pell grant. I basically did everything on my own. I applied for my own credit card and all that.

I really appreciate everyone on here. You guys, this means so much to me. Thank you so much.

That's great but I do not understand how you can understand all of that would cause you to feel as you do. You should feel good about yourself and know where you are going.

ML King said " Free at last, free at last ". He meant all of us including you.

Timeline

That's great but I do not understand how you can understand all of that would cause you to feel as you do. You should feel good about yourself and know where you are going.

ML King said " Free at last, free at last ". He meant all of us including you.

aaaww. thank you so much. yea i pay all my credit card bills. I really hope I get the scholarship. I am so nervous. and if eve I do get it, I will make sure my mom and siblings get out of here pretty soon.

Filed: Timeline

If you have a green card, the only way it can be taken away is if you're convicted of a crime in court.

If you have citizenship, it cannot be taken away unless you lied on your application and were a Nazi. (even this requires congress to get involved and is not done on a whim).

If your father in law filed for your green card, he's liable for supporting you till you are a citizen, so not only can you move out without fear, you can ask him in court to pay for it, since he signed the affidavit that he would provide for you.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

But can he actually take legal actions to request for us to be sent back to the Philippines? I mean I already have a green card and all, does it matter?

Do you know any legal facts that he cannot do this?

Do NOT BE AFRAID. NO ONE EVER CAN SEND YOU BACK HOME. THE ONLY ENTITY THAT CAN SEND YOU HOME IS THE GOVERNMENT IF YOU COMMIT FELONY.

So If i were you, I would move out get an apartment, start saving, get your siblings and your mother out of that hellbellies redneck guy!

Timeline

Do NOT BE AFRAID. NO ONE EVER CAN SEND YOU BACK HOME. THE ONLY ENTITY THAT CAN SEND YOU HOME IS THE GOVERNMENT IF YOU COMMIT FELONY.

So If i were you, I would move out get an apartment, start saving, get your siblings and your mother out of that hellbellies redneck guy!

hahahaha. you guys are giving me so much hope. Thank you so much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have a 10 year green card, your mother does as well, which means you have unconditional green cards. You can move in and out of the USA as much as you like so long as you dont stay outside the USA for more than 12 months you will always have permanent US residency.

Move out and be happy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

hahahaha. you guys are giving me so much hope. Thank you so much.

There really is only hope and bright future for you if you do everything these members are telling you to do. You seem smart and responsible so I have no worries for you! Good luck for you and your family.

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

Thank you for this. Apparently, he has been divorced 2 times already and even his real daughter knows how he is. I just cant stand it anymore. I can no longer bear seeing my mom, and my younger sister who is just 13 crying over such matters that should be kept private for adults to solve.

Sometimes, I just ask myself for how long do we have to put up with all of these? When is enough. When my real dad was still alive, I never saw my mom cry. I never saw my mom cry like this. She even expresses all her anger towards us because she cannot confront my stepdad.

My mom actually already wanted to move out too but she doesnt know what her options are.

My thought with you.

I'd quietly prepare for a move out. Since you are old enough you would be able to bring your siblings alone with you; and more importantly; to prepare for a possible place for your mom on the long run.

This guy (from what you say) seems to be a sorry excuse for a man and also given his 2 prior marriages (that I'm willing to bet, his exes didn't put up it him and took off), there is a possibility that he can have an impact on your mom.

Even if divorced; your mom can file removal of condition (if she does not have the permanent one yet) on her own. Not the ideal but if it comes to it; my thought would be that you guys are prepared to go on your own.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So I just moved to the US in 2012 along with my other siblings. I currently have a green card and I am a permanent resident. Since I got here, I didn't really like my stepdad. I tried to look through his flaws but it just made me hate him even more. :C

He shouts at my mom. He complains about almost everything, including bills to why there's no more ice cream in the fridge. I just do not get it. I am 22 and I really want to move out of this house. I just don't get it. I am already working and I earn around $780 biweekly. I give him $250 biweekly for my share in this house and so does my sister. We pay for our own things, from deo to shampoo to lunch for work. He still complains in our face about bills and all that. He whines about the miles on his car, the gas, and all that.

My mom works really hard. She has a tough and challenging job and when she gets home, she even cooks a separate dinner for him and serves him. The whole day he's just playing in the computer. He shouts a lot to my mom and it hurts and annoys me. I wish I could do something but I havent really gotten past my boiling point yet to stand up for her.

There's just so many things already that he's done that made us cry, my mom, my sisters, even my younger brother. There was also one time, we had pork roast for dinner and I had ketchup with it, he went like "Now I just feel like you are insulting me. Ketchup is meant to be used for cheap meats." and then when my younger sister explained how we like to use ketchup in the Philippines, he said this: "That's because you're poor in the Philippines!" and that was it for me. I just hated him so much after that. He also accused us just recently of stealing $20 from his little bank box and we're like WHAT THE?!!!? WHY WOULD I STILL $20 from youuuuu!!!????? why would we still $20 PERIOD???? and he warned us that no one can ever enter their room or else "there would be hell to pay."

And also my mom has been crying because of him a lot lately and since my mom cannot really confront him, my step dad thinks that we are the one who are making her cry.

I am just soooo tired of it. So we are no longer talking to him. When he asks us question, of course, we do respond but other than that we're cold and we just hate him.

And just tonight, my sister told me that she learned from my mom that my stepdad is threatening to send us back to the Philippines because were no longer talking to him.

Can he actually do that? My mom filed the petition and not him. Do you guys think that he can actually do this to us?

I'm just like tired of it. I feel like I am better off moving out and renting my own apartment rather than being here in his house and I feel miserable.

Thank you. smile.png

Move out immediately. Not only you should move out, take your mom, sisters and younger brother with you. He cannot send any of you back. That is not possible for him to do.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Timeline

Find a place to rent, give a deep breath and tell him to ###### off. He can't send you back to Philippines, you are a PERMANENT resident of the United States.

Why is your mom still living with this douchebag?

My mom has always been like that. She likes to keep it to herself and when its too much for her, she just cries and sometimes take it out on us because she cannot confront him directly.

Ive never experienced this with my real dad. My real dad never shouted at my mom.

I hate him for always telling us that we are a family and that we should communicate with each other bla bla bla and that he loves us bla bla bla. I honestly don't care anymore weather thats true or not.

If you had a two year card you might have to worry about needing his co-operation to file to removal of conditions, but since yours is ten years then that is not a concern.

Leave and do not look back.

Even that is not accurate I think sir...my wife had a 2 year card, recently divorced, and her x was constantly threatening to send her back...I helped her educate herself and she self petitioned, had conditions removed and now has her 10 year card.....

Young lady, your step dad is a jerk and a control freak. As others have said, he has NO authority over you either as a parent as you're 21, nor as a person who can send you anywhere. He can't even kick you out of the house, its against the law.

I hate people like your step dad....control freaks bother me a lot, especially trying to take advantage of people who do not know...again, educate yourself as knowledge is power.

HE HAS NO AUTHORITY OVER YOU GUYS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.