RANNK1

Think carefully before you marry a Nigerian, I regret doing so!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have not posted or even logged on here for years. I met my Nigerian husband in 2008 and brought him here on a K-1 visa in 2009. I thought he loved me by all the sweet words he said, the hundreds of hours on the phone and webcam, messenger..... Well he was only here three days and took my bank card and purchased dating website subscriptions. He was on several sites. I was not aware of this until three months later. Meanwhile, we got married and I got pregnant . I was3 devestated when I found out and confronted him. he said it didn't matter because he was just bored and wanted to talk to them for fun and wasn't planning to meet anyone. He promised to stop, but he fell into a habit of doing it every few months, me catching him and then he would do it again. We got into a lot of heated arguements and I turned into a detective in my own house. He claimed to be addicted to it and it wasn't personal. We went to counseling , we prayed and fasted, he even fly to Nigeria to seek deliverance from his Pastor. He still kept having emotional affairs, often getting a woman's phone number and then talking to her secretly. Twice he had physical affairs. By August of this year I caught him again and kicked him out. I told him to get help and if he could control himself, he could return. He decided to get a second job, buy himself a new car, a new tv, anything but get help. On Christmas ev he announced that he want to have all the young pretty woman he wants now and wants to be single. He said he cant stop going on dating websites and will cheat on me if he returns. He is also emotionally and verbally abusive. He never even gave our kids Christmas presents.

He has ruined my life and my kids' lives. He sucked $15,000 from me overall, he took my youth and beauty, he damaged my relationship with my family, I lost my best friend, he took away all my hope and happiness in life. I regret ever meeting him!!!! Everyone told me he is going to scam you or treat you badly, don't talk to him, but I did it anyways.

In addition, I many many other people on here who married a nigerian a few years ago and we all regret. One lady married the guy and he turned around and married a Nigerian woman right after his interview (meanwhile taking thousands from her over the years). Another lady brought her husband here on a K-1 and he cheated on her allll the time, was rude, unloving. He was even doing romance scamming here in the states in front of her and the kids. When he wasn't doing that he was in stip clubs and bars picking up new girls. another lady just found out her Nigerian husband of two years, has been having an affair for the past year with a co-worker much older than him.

Many of these men have no shame and no integrety. Please use extreme caution. Run

I cant believe you took out the time investigating marriages involving Nigerians and asking people to be careful about 160 Million Nigerians is not a good way to present your problems. I do not know about others but its affecting me psychological.

I see absolutely no reason why it should affect you in a psychological way, she is only sharing her experiences. Personally I am a Nigerian and I married my bestfriend a Nigerian man who is absolutely wonderful and in my eyes his the best husband anyone can ever wish for so I consider myself very lucky. This has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Nigerian because there jerks everywhere and you just fell for the wrong one. People just have to be careful meeting men online especially when the person is in a different country, you visit once and your already jumping into marriage because they sweet talk you and introduce you to their family members. Thank you for sharing your experience and hopefully some people will learn from your experience, but I wished you topic was "THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU MARRY ANY MAN". No woman or man should jump into marriage, get to know the person very well in real life and also pray about it and make sure your doing the right thing. There will always be bad and good people everywhere .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I hated it when he takes beautiful pictues of himself that I took of him, even one of our wedding pictures, every nice picture of happy moments we did have, then uploaded them onto dating websites. He spoiled every nice picture I ever took of him. I hated looking at them knowing what he was doing with them. He even changed the wording of a love letter I sent to him during the courtship phase, and sent it to one of his woman. so disgusting. I hope you reported what he did to USCIS. He will have a very hard time adjusting status. he is probably just living under the table SOMEWHERE.

Omgee this made me laugh, girl! you are so better off without him. Totally reminds me of my ex...no character at all..and yes the pics I took he used on dating sites too. It hurts like heck and makes u boil too but believe me it gets better and God sees all the sacrifices you made for love and it will be counted toward you. Someday soon you will have peace again but yr ex will never find contentment. hope the best for you and your kids. :)

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I cant believe you took out the time investigating marriages involving Nigerians and asking people to be careful about 160 Million Nigerians is not a good way to present your problems. I do not know about others but its affecting me psychological.

I am actually glad that it's affecting you psychologically. That should be a really huge red flag for you, and I ask that you re-examine all that you intend to accomplish , and try to match up any problems with what was written here.

If you have 1 or more matches, I suggest you take a time-out and seek a therapist, as things will only get worse without a successful intervention and refactoring.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That's right !! You Tell Em, Gowon !!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Seriously Its all immigrants. I am going thru this with a man from morocco I married. He was so sweet and such a nice guy in morocco and when here for the first few years but the more comfortable he became and the more he got used to the freedoms here in the states, I think he went crazy with lust and things. Almost like a kid that finally was out from his parents house. I don't even think he knew the "real him" and maybe eventually he will settle down and feel bad for what he has done and put me thru etc...maybe not..but its such a risk when you marry someone from a culture that is strickt about the affection in public, the way sex is considered wrong if you are not married etc. They still have sex they just have to hide it, buy it or from what I have been told, it is common for men to have sex with each other because it does not seem as bad to them as sex with a woman not your wife. I have even heard that girls will have ####### sex and not vaginal because they wont risk being found out (losing virginity) so even though these things seem strange here, it is accepted although shunned there. So when men (women too maybe) get here they realize "hey I can do this now!" and the little demons come out of them and unfortunately hurt others :(

Seriously Its all immigrants. I am going thru this with a man from morocco I married. He was so sweet and such a nice guy in morocco and when here for the first few years but the more comfortable he became and the more he got used to the freedoms here in the states, I think he went crazy with lust and things. Almost like a kid that finally was out from his parents house. I don't even think he knew the "real him" and maybe eventually he will settle down and feel bad for what he has done and put me thru etc...maybe not..but its such a risk when you marry someone from a culture that is strickt about the affection in public, the way sex is considered wrong if you are not married etc. They still have sex they just have to hide it, buy it or from what I have been told, it is common for men to have sex with each other because it does not seem as bad to them as sex with a woman not your wife. I have even heard that girls will have ####### sex and not vaginal because they wont risk being found out (losing virginity) so even though these things seem strange here, it is accepted although shunned there. So when men (women too maybe) get here they realize "hey I can do this now!" and the little demons come out of them and unfortunately hurt others sad.png

Morocco or Nigeria?

Jonathan signs same Sex Marriage Prohibition Bill into law

you should think carefully before you marry any man - you should be doubly careful before you marry a man from a culture you do not understand.

your marriage fell apart, not because the man was Nigerian, but because you married a man that you did not know.

At the end of the day we are all responsible for our actions and the choices we make. I'm sorry that you are hurting but you shouldn't turn around and blame your failed choices on a whole nation of people.

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

you should think carefully before you marry any man - you should be doubly careful before you marry a man from a culture you do not understand.

your marriage fell apart, not because the man was Nigerian, but because you married a man that you did not know.

At the end of the day we are all responsible for our actions and the choices we make. I'm sorry that you are hurting but you shouldn't turn around and blame your failed choices on a whole nation of people.

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Seriously Its all immigrants. I am going thru this with a man from morocco I married. He was so sweet and such a nice guy in morocco and when here for the first few years but the more comfortable he became and the more he got used to the freedoms here in the states, I think he went crazy with lust and things. Almost like a kid that finally was out from his parents house. I don't even think he knew the "real him" and maybe eventually he will settle down and feel bad for what he has done and put me thru etc...maybe not..but its such a risk when you marry someone from a culture that is strickt about the affection in public, the way sex is considered wrong if you are not married etc. They still have sex they just have to hide it, buy it or from what I have been told, it is common for men to have sex with each other because it does not seem as bad to them as sex with a woman not your wife. I have even heard that girls will have ####### sex and not vaginal because they wont risk being found out (losing virginity) so even though these things seem strange here, it is accepted although shunned there. So when men (women too maybe) get here they realize "hey I can do this now!" and the little demons come out of them and unfortunately hurt others :(

Please don't generalize and say ALL IMMIGRANTS, honey, you just got yourself into a situation that didn't work out. There are more beautiful women in Morocco than I could count, so it's not as if these men in Morocco lived in dungeons or were blind. There is plenty of FREEDOM there, you don't need to move to America for that.

Happily married to a Moroccan.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Seriously Its all immigrants. I am going thru this with a man from morocco I married. He was so sweet and such a nice guy in morocco and when here for the first few years but the more comfortable he became and the more he got used to the freedoms here in the states, I think he went crazy with lust and things. Almost like a kid that finally was out from his parents house. I don't even think he knew the "real him" and maybe eventually he will settle down and feel bad for what he has done and put me thru etc...maybe not..but its such a risk when you marry someone from a culture that is strickt about the affection in public, the way sex is considered wrong if you are not married etc. They still have sex they just have to hide it, buy it or from what I have been told, it is common for men to have sex with each other because it does not seem as bad to them as sex with a woman not your wife. I have even heard that girls will have ####### sex and not vaginal because they wont risk being found out (losing virginity) so even though these things seem strange here, it is accepted although shunned there. So when men (women too maybe) get here they realize "hey I can do this now!" and the little demons come out of them and unfortunately hurt others sad.png

Excuse me ? I am an immigrant and now a USC and your opinion that it's all immigrants is ridiculous and offensive.

Chose mature men with character and dignity then you won't have that problem. He was what he was, nice and sweet faking

his way through and you fell for it. Sorry you are going through that but the "it's all immigrants" is just silly.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Ah yes that's true It cant possibly be "all immigrants" that is not accurate at all. Sorry to have stepped on some toes luv.gif I am sure there are a lot of cultures that have a free and openly sexually accepted & demonstrative atmosphere and they would most certainly not be shocked or enticed by our very democratic american culture. Especially in states like California etc..... also if they immigrate from one of the larger cities in their country or from a country that has a more modern view of sexual freedoms than that should not become a problem. I honestly don't think it has much to do with women being or not being attractive. I think it has more to do with modesty and traditions. For instance my guy came from a very modest/traditional family that all watched each other to be sure they did not embarrass the family with bad behavior. He would never do anything in his country to make his parents upset at him. He just lost it once he came here and got a taste of craigslist personals Ohlala!!!devil.gif

BTW if you've never looked at craigslist personals (I hadn't) there just happens to be a lot of very young arab men that look just like my husband looking for sex with men! ERRRRR!

Edited by Rosesarered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Thanks for correcting about the "all immigrants." I believe it is the character and integrity of each person on this planet whether they

chose to be honest, trustworthy and faithful or chose to let circumstances and environment such as a change of country and culture

influence and dictate to them to become cheating jerks. If they allow a new and free country where anything goes to define who they are then

something deep inside of them that is not stable has always been a part of them.

Maturity and character does not behave like a bull in a china shop and wreck a relationship because of all the eye candy they see.

Yes, it happens but the guy was a jerk to begin with and he allowed himself to get swept away.

Therefore my mantra : know you who are with long before you commit yourself to a serious relationship, here, there, anyway with

anyone and don't jump into an engagement or marriage, test, observe. At the end of the day we need to be accountable and responsible

for our choices. Not to sound like a broken record, but I strongly believe that.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hmmmm......

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I believe your topic title is against TOS as it specifically and negatively singles out a group of people, Nigerians in this case.

Your story does not read like you were scammed for a GC but like you chose to marry a man with red flags who has no integrity

and is a cheater and a big jerk. Happens here in the good old USA all the time, nothing exclusively Nigerian about it.

He could have divorced you and ROC'ed without you but he remained with you and you ROC'ed him through it all,

knowing he fell off the turnip wagon many times. No, he will not be deported for cheating.

When we risk taking chances with someone who shows his true colors, then we have to be big enough

to be accountable for our own choices and not "warn" people of an entire country of people. It goes without saying that there are

good and bad apples in every country, race and ethnicity, nationality.

I can tell you that nobody reading your 'warning' will end their relationship, because everyone thinks their

marriage will last a lifetime.

No one can take thousands of dollars of your money over the years unless you allow it and go with the flow right along with it.

Your friends who also have cheating Nigerian men chose to stay with them after the first offense...why do I ask myself ?!

Why stay with a serial cheater ?

Why do some women put up with so much ####### ?

Why would your friend not call the authorities when her man did the romance scam in front of her and the kids ? WTH ?

She didn't do anything about it immediately did she ? So why stay with him and cry about it later ?

Your FIL advises you that if you want a lasting marriage then you should have closed your eye to it.

That is a village mentality and an entitlement thinking which is more common in some African cultures

because the women are shamed for divorcing and often can not provide for themselves or their kids alone so they do close their eyes

to it. The modern city woman will not put up with it, there are exceptions to the rule of course.

I hope some day all women will discover their self worth and separate themselves from this nonsense.

Rather than telling people to run it would be more beneficial to tell them to investigate their potential partners at the beginning

of meeting them and not after being married already. That goes for all internet romances, home and abroad.

People leave digital tracks and trails all the time trolling the net.

It is not hard to find someone on dating sites at all.

You can send someone you trust ( church affiliated pastor, missionary, trusted friend etc. ) directly to his house unannounced and see what

pops up, anyone can keep up a pretense for a 2 week visit....except your ignorant ex ( I hope he is an ex now ) couldn't even pull that off.

Been there, done that and have the T-shirt many years ago and was successful in discovering real evidence and ended the relationship.

But no one will "run" having read that your marriage failed.

Last but not least, I truly am sorry that it didn't work out for you, I truly am.

We all must be accountable to our choices and decisions in life and regain our beauty and happiness through the consequences

and knowing the future will be better with better choices and setting higher standards for ourselves.

That is when real growth happens within ourselves and then we can truly move on and share our story with others who ask us for

advice.

We must become fruit inspectors and look deeper than the charm that is on display.

Wow perfectly spoken in words. Not all Nigerians are scammers. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME!!!!

We as women have to hold accountability and endure consequences. May sound harsh but its true.

Nwanyioma

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.