21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so saddened to hear you are having issues opening a joint account... you would think that staff would be more informed

This is just my experience, but the husband and I opened a joint account with Bank of America a few days after we got married (we got married in the U.S. and then I came home to Canada a few days later). I used my passport and Canadian driver's license as I.D. and there was no requirement of me having been in the country for a certain number of days. Lady opening the account for us spent a little more time going over my I.D. but that was it.

I don't understand it either and it seems ridiculous. I just don't know what to do. The link is something my husband found because we want to dispute it seeing as we can prove i have been here for 7 months, but they don't seem interested in letting us prove it. we are probably going to go find a manager today and see what they say.

If you have been here 7 months without mingling finances, then I hardly think a 2 week old bank account will impress USCIS. Focus on what else you have. How long have you been married? If not long, then you won't have much together yet.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you have been here 7 months without mingling finances, then I hardly think a 2 week old bank account will impress USCIS. Focus on what else you have. How long have you been married? If not long, then you won't have much together yet.

I agree, opening a bank account 2 weeks before the interview just to appease them isn't going to prove a thing. You should have thought about co- mingling of finances long ago. Focus on what else you have for evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This might be a little off topic here, but just out of curiosity, is it absolutely necessary to have a joint bank account as evidence? Some couples just don't like sharing money that way......

For a Removal of Conditions Casefile, it's a big thing, part of a short list of what you two can do to show the co-mingling of finances. It was one of the reasons my wife and I waited past the 2 year mark of marriage to file the I-130.

Co-Mingling of Finances Proof is a big thing for ROC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Just go to another bank.

We tried one that wouldn't allow me to open an account without an SSN, walked across the street to another that did.

Just take your passport, drivers licence and something substantial enough that shows your address on it (i used a letter from my Uni).

Edited by smitherton

For a Removal of Conditions Casefile, it's a big thing, part of a short list of what you two can do to show the co-mingling of finances. It was one of the reasons my wife and I waited past the 2 year mark of marriage to file the I-130.

Co-Mingling of Finances Proof is a big thing for ROC.

This. Isn't the OP going for an AOS interview? The co-mingling of finances aren't expected during an AOS interview, right?

We didn't have an AOS interview, and if we would've, we wouldn't have had much to show because my bank, HSBC, wouldn't let me add my wife to my account without her Green Card.

Edited by fantonledzepp

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.