Chicago22

White or Rich??

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Racism continues partly because of its frequent use as an excuse/reason/accusation.

Are you serious? Racism cotinues cuase it exists. Immigrants who come here are not judged by the way they look or how well they pronounce English?? Cmon.

He said PARTLY. And it IS used as an excuse sometimes.

Is this for real?

Probably not...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the K1 forum not a discussion on weather you are black or white, rich or poor, this should be put in off topic as clearly it is nothing to do with a K1 Visa. Aside from that it does not matter what your colour is and nor should it matter what your colour is, if your petition is behind start doing something about it instead of accusing everyone in USCIS of being racist bigots. IMO there have been thousand's of petitions passed no matter what colour you are.

Janice

Easy for you to say.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This is the K1 forum not a discussion on weather you are black or white, rich or poor, this should be put in off topic as clearly it is nothing to do with a K1 Visa. Aside from that it does not matter what your colour is and nor should it matter what your colour is, if your petition is behind start doing something about it instead of accusing everyone in USCIS of being racist bigots. IMO there have been thousand's of petitions passed no matter what colour you are.

Janice

Easy for you to say.

It's easy to say it yes, but it also happens to be true.

Edited by mags

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I mean, since I am not white or rich....I am not getting anywhere. Welcome to America!!!

How does the USCIS know that you are neither?

Copies of my naturilzation papers.

That might indicate one of the two excuses you are claiming...

[/quo

Peop-le are always itching about racism. Sure it may be there in some instances. My grandfather when he came here, legally, told me of the signs, "italian and irish do not apply".

I don't recall any part of the government advocating preferances for them.

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

And your the first of any color on here? what did they say when u ask for information about your case? dont think you ever said.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you even checked with the USCIS about your petition? Instead of coming here spouting your racist comments, spend your energies checking on your case. THEN, when you have something intelligent to contribute, I'm sure everyone will be glad to help you or offer support to you REGARDLESS OF YOUR COLOUR!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It seems to me that a very rich person sends the exact same $ 170.00 that a poor or average person would send so I would be quite surprised if it made a big of differnce to the guys in the center. Add to that that a rich person is more likely to use a lawyer which will ususally result it a slower process than if you do it yoursef.

As far as race, I can't believe they pay much attention to it one way or the other. The goverment is pretty well balanced as far as the racial make up of it's staff so the odds are the person handling it may be of any nationality.

I am not denying that there are times that a poor person or one from any minority may find themselves at a disadvantage in this world, but I don't see this as one of them and to me using it as an excuse here is a little foolish.

Sometimes things go slow for no reason at all. One way or the other I hope your journey speeds up and that you have great success and a happy marriage.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Come on now, you know that is not true. Clearly, there is another reason for the delay.

Have you heard anything at all from USCIS? You really need to contact them if not.

How do I know that is not true? The truth is EVERYBODY here in the US has there own RACIAL inhibitions. People just dont want to admit because it's against the law!! Not only that, Cmon, over here, Money talks Man!! Where have you been living???

Well, I have been living on planet earth, and travelling heavily throughout it. Do not assert your conjecture upon me. I am not a racist. Do your job and contact USCIS and quit your b!tching.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Accusations not founded on any real evidence but from generalities is fruitless. Yes, racism exists but one cannot conclude that anytime you face obstacles they must be there because of racism without some reasonable amount of substance.

It's understandable to feel frustration and wanting to find a reason as to why your petition has not been approved yet but you'd be better off focusing your energy on contacting your local Congressman or Senator and ask that they look into the matter. Many of us here had gone through the route with positive results. If you need help, just PM me. :star:

Accusations not founded on any real evidence but from generalities is fruitless. Yes, racism exists but one cannot conclude that anytime you face obstacles they must be there because of racism without some reasonable amount of substance.

It's understandable to feel frustration and wanting to find a reason as to why your petition has not been approved yet but you'd be better off focusing your energy on contacting your local Congressman or Senator and ask that they look into the matter. Many of us here had gone through the route with positive results. If you need help, just PM me. :star:

Thanks, I appreciate the support. Merry Christmas, guys=)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
I mean, since I am not white or rich....I am not getting anywhere. Welcome to America!!!

Curios to know, what do you consider rich ?????????

Edited by MandR

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

What is your explanation for how CSC knows if you are "rich" or not? No financial information is submitted with the I-129F. True, they knew I was white because I had to submit a photo. And my petition still took 168 days . . . Perhaps time for you to contact USCIS or you senator regarding your case and find out if there was an RFE sent to you due to IMBRA that you never received and/or replied to, or some other reasonable explanation for any delay you may be experiencing.

Edited by kitkat1

What a dumb fvcking thread. Chicago, stop showing your ignorance. I know there are white people whose petitions took much longer than yours.

OMG, PERHAPS YOU ARE NOT RICH BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT WHITE? :lol:

Edited by mrc

I'm Rich.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG