TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

Okay, I understand... That is good to know. And considering the fact that I work from home and could be on vacation in France while working for my employer here (meaning no real time constraints or deadline) would your recommendation stay the same? 

I do appreciate your input and I'm not trying to be stubborn, I just want to be as strategic as possible :) Thank you.

If you are willing to stay in France for 4-6 weeks then you might give it a try and hope for the interview already in Jan/ Feb in Paris! 

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

If you are willing to stay in France for 4-6 weeks then you might give it a try and hope for the interview already in Jan/ Feb in Paris! 

Yes that is what I was thinking, it wouldn't be a problem to stay there from early Feb to mid-March and then have my planned vacation... Thank you for taking the time to give me your opinion.

Is 3 weeks-2 months from DQ/CC to Interview the usual average? From recent timelines I would say yes but I have been so focused on the Canadian threads that I haven't paid a lof of attention to the French one :)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

Yes that is what I was thinking, it wouldn't be a problem to stay there from early Feb to mid-March and then have my planned vacation... Thank you for taking the time to give me your opinion.

Is 3 weeks-2 months from DQ/CC to Interview the usual average? From recent timelines I would say yes but I have been so focused on the Canadian threads that I haven't paid a lof of attention to the French one :)

I think 2/3 weeks from DQ to IL and then 3/4 weeks from IL to interview is pretty accurate.

I hope I will be able to confirm soon as I was DQ on Nov 22nd...expecting IL anytime now :) 

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We got an interview date in Paris less than 3 weeks from the IL date. It was barely enough to get the medical done and prepare all the copies of required documents for the interview (which the CO never asked for, anyway).

To Rose: I have serious doubts that they will allow you to switch from Montreal to Paris without an established residency in France. They don't care about your citizenship, they care about where you live at in fact. That means the residence address, bills on your name from that address, proof of work, etc. I don't think a few weeks will be enough for "established" (judging from other posters here on VJ and they are not from France). Hope I am mistaken but why not to try? You never know.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hey Audrey,

The key part of the text is:

"or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa"

"All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that:

• The translation is accurate, and
  • The translator is competent to translate."

YepS, so, as you are applying in France , if your documents are in French , it’s ok . 
trust me I asked the same question because I was confused with that phrase.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am checking on the list of vaccins to be done. There are a lot and I am not up to date - at all. For infos, here is the link:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html#whatvaccines

Hepatite A and B

Haemophilus influenza type B

Maesles (Rougeole)

Meningite

Mumps (Oreillons)

Pneumocoque

Pertussis (Coqueluche)

Polio

Rotavirus (Gastro)

Rubeole

Tetanos

Diphtérie

Varicelle

Seasonal Influenza

😯

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone,

I am checking on the list of vaccins to be done. There are a lot and I am not up to date - at all. For infos, here is the link:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html#whatvaccines

Hepatite A and B

Haemophilus influenza type B

Maesles (Rougeole)

Meningite

Mumps (Oreillons)

Pneumocoque

Pertussis (Coqueluche)

Polio

Rotavirus (Gastro)

Rubeole

Tetanos

Diphtérie

Varicelle

Seasonal Influenza

😯

Hey Alix,

I strictly followed the instructions of only doctor who is entitled to do medical exam in France and everything went perfectly during my medical appointment.

Here is the link for her website https://www.english-doctor-paris.com/visa-medicals/usa-visa-en

All required vaccins are listed - I have personally printed out the sheet and went to see my doctor. She did all necessary missing vaccins and immunization tests - DR Jolly accepted it all. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

Hey Alix,

I strictly followed the instructions of only doctor who is entitled to do medical exam in France and everything went perfectly during my medical appointment.

Here is the link for her website https://www.english-doctor-paris.com/visa-medicals/usa-visa-en

All required vaccins are listed - I have personally printed out the sheet and went to see my doctor. She did all necessary missing vaccins and immunization tests - DR Jolly accepted it all. 

Thank you, it is super useful. The link I have posted is the official website from the USEmbassy. But I am sure you link is more "down to earth" style. UPDATE 😉 yes your website is much much better - very cool

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Thank you, it is super useful. The link I have posted is the official website from the USEmbassy. But I am sure you link is more "down to earth" style. UPDATE 😉 yes your website is much much better - very cool

The good part with Dr Jolly website is that she realizes how frustrating and expensive the whole process is and really tries to make it easier for us, but of course by following rules dictated by US embassy.

Her website is up to date and when I got there she still didn’t receive my X-ray results - she sent WhatsApp to a doctor and obtained them within 5 min from that moment !

Also, my doctor took vaccinations sheet and put vaccination dates / immunization tests next to each requirement and signed. This was enough for Dr Jolly even though I did carry on my carnet de santé and immunization records.

So, just follow her website and you will be fine! 

Timeline

Hi,

What is is the price for a medical exam? Does anyone know if Its the same for small children ? 

Did you get your IL ? How do we get an appointment without it ? 

Thanks 

Timeline

51 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

The good part with Dr Jolly website is that she realizes how frustrating and expensive the whole process is and really tries to make it easier for us, but of course by following rules dictated by US embassy.

Her website is up to date and when I got there she still didn’t receive my X-ray results - she sent WhatsApp to a doctor and obtained them within 5 min from that moment !

Also, my doctor took vaccinations sheet and put vaccination dates / immunization tests next to each requirement and signed. This was enough for Dr Jolly even though I did carry on my carnet de santé and immunization records.

So, just follow her website and you will be fine! 

Hi,

What is is the price for a medical exam? Does anyone know if Its the same for small children ? 

Thanks 

Edited by Ju & Manu

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ju & Manu said:

Hi,

Thanks 

Hey,

Everything is explained on this website https://www.english-doctor-paris.com/visa-medicals/usa-visa-en

the price is 240€ + X-rays (60€) and blood/urine (56€)

it is different for small children (explained into the website)

You can have the appointment without IL - you need NVC case but you have to enter USA within 6 months after your X-rays so it is smart to wait to book medical when you have IL. Otherwise if you have some delays you will have to do the medical (and x rays) again - I decided to take the risk 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

Hey,

Everything is explained on this website https://www.english-doctor-paris.com/visa-medicals/usa-visa-en

the price is 240€ + X-rays (60€) and blood/urine (56€)

it is different for small children (explained into the website)

You can have the appointment without IL - you need NVC case but you have to enter USA within 6 months after your X-rays so it is smart to wait to book medical when you have IL. Otherwise if you have some delays you will have to do the medical (and x rays) again - I decided to take the risk 

Thanks, 

yeah that’s the site I’ve been using but there is no info on the price of medical exams for a child. 

Otherwise it’s a great help for all the vaccinations required 👌

My stepson was DQ’d in October and my husband was just DQ’s on the 6th of december. We hope to be getting an interview letter soon! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ju & Manu said:

Thanks, 

yeah that’s the site I’ve been using but there is no info on the price of medical exams for a child. 

Otherwise it’s a great help for all the vaccinations required 👌

My stepson was DQ’d in October and my husband was just DQ’s on the 6th of december. We hope to be getting an interview letter soon! 

Call the doctor about the price for kids! 
We will probably have IL at the same time :) 

Timeline
Just now, Devon&Sandra said:

Call the doctor about the price for kids! 
We will probably have IL at the same time :) 

I will do that, 

yes hopefully 🤞🤞🤞😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.