Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

When is the best time to schedule medical? After getting the case number or after the payment of fees or after the case complete? I just. Wanna know so that im not going to rush everything and have a proper time management. My case was shipped to nvc dec 27. I did not call yet but on monday i will thank u in adcance for the reply

Usually they do it after case complete.

08.24.2013 - got married in the Philippines!

09.25.2013 - NOA1 via email

11.18.2013 - requested expedite due to typhoon

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

12.12.2013 - I-130 approved, NOA2 via email (never transferred); shipped to NVC

12.30.2013 - NVC received the case

01.06.2014 - requested expedite due to typhoon and PCS

01.08.2014 - Case # and IIN; submitted DS-261; NVC asked for 2 contact #s of beneficiary

01.09.2014 - AOS fee billed

01.14.2014 - AOS fee showed paid

01.15.2014 - IV fee billed; expedite approved

01.18.2014 - sent AOS package

01.22.2014 - IV fee showed paid; AOS arrived at NVC as per UPS (10:18am by FNU)

01.24.2014 - sent IV package

01.27.2014 - submitted DS-260; IV docs delivered to NVC as per DHL (10:52am by PETERS G)

01.29.2014 - CASE COMPLETE (via phonecall)

01.30.2014 - received checklist for Dutch Police Record (VOG) via email

01.31.2014 - left NVC, sent to embassy

02.04.2014 - received at embassy, READY as per CEAC

02.10-11.2014 - medical done, passed!

02.24.2014 - interview: APPROVED!!

02.27.2014 - Received SMS from 2Go, ready for pick up

02.28.2014 - visa on hand; CFO sticker

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

03.06.2014 - POE Hawaii...Aloooohaaa! :)

04.10.2014 - 2yr green card received

Usually they do it after case complete.[/quo

How long is the time frame from case complete to an interview date im from the philippines i just wanna finished my medical 3 weeks before interview or 2 weeks.

How long is the time frame from case complete to an interview date im from the philippines i just wanna finished my medical 3 weeks before interview or 2 weeks.

From what ive seen in diff timelines, usually it's about a month, sometimes more.. Yeah i think thats a good time for medical, just make sure it's not shark week lol ;)

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

01.08.2014 - Case # and IIN; submitted DS-261; NVC asked for 2 contact #s of beneficiary

01.27.2014 - submitted DS-260; IV docs delivered to NVC as per DHL (10:52am by PETERS G)

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

By calling or were you notify by mail for the NVC case #?

By calling.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We called and got our case number IIN Number and Beneficiary Number today as well. What is the Beneficiary number? This is the first I am hearing of this Number??

Um, i think it was still mentioned in the NVC Filers post in November. Apparently they're still assigning those even if they don't use it. I just got it in case it's needed (i didn't know exactly what for), if Saylin says it's not needed anymore then i just have it but won't use it. :)

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

well, once the case is complete they will forward it to the embassy here in the Philippines, and the time frame varies. Some scheduled right away others took months to be scheduled for medical.

What is your pd? if you don't mind or NOA2 date?

Edited by cassieC

well, once the case is complete they will forward it to the embassy here in the Philippines, and the time frame varies. Some scheduled right away others took months to be scheduled for medical.

Pd march 4 2012

N0a2 dec 26 2013

Shipped to nvc dec 27 2012

Im just estimating the time frame from receving case number to have an intervie date but i know every cases are different so that its hard to predict or estimate

Filed: Timeline

Pd march 4 2012

N0a2 dec 26 2013

Im just estimating the time frame from receving case number to have an intervie date but i know every cases are different so that its hard to predict or estimate

Mine was transferred to NVC dec 9, my case is still not in the system. :(

December 21, 2011 - Got Married in the Philippines

December 21, 2012 - Went back in the Philippines for first anniversary.

USCIS

June 11, 2013 - I-130 sent

June 17, 2013 - NOA1

November 21, 2013 - Case was transferred to Nebraska Service Center

December 5, 2013 - I-130 approved via email

December 9, 2013 - receive hard copy of NOA2

receive email that case was shipped to NVC

NVC

January 6, 2014 - NVC received the case ( no case number yet )

January 29, 2014 - Receive case number, invoice and beneficiary ID number

February 7, 2014 - DS261 available online and submitted

February 10, 2014 - received an email regarding AOS processing fee bill invoice

February 10, 2014 - was able to pay AOS online

Februay 12, 2014 - AOS showed PAID on line/ AOS package sent ( one day delivery)

February 13, 2014 - NVC received the package

February 18, 2014 - AOS was entered in the system

February 24, 2014 - received an email to pay IV fee, paid IV fee, IV fee in process

February 27, 2014 - DS-260 available online, completed and filed up. IV package sent (one day delivery)

February 28, 2014 - IV package received at the "dock"

March 4, 2014 - IV package was entered to the system

March 7, 2014 - Received a checklist for AOS (GGGGRRRRRR!!!!)

March 10, 2014 - Respond to the checklist ( sent package via UPS)

March 11, 2014 - Package received @ the dock

March 19, 2014 - IV package and DS260 approved (via phone call)

March 27, 2014 - Case Completed ( called NVC 2X just to make sure, now waiting to be forwarded to Manila Embassy Yehey!!!)

Embassy

March 26, 2014 - Early Medical (No problem however hubby needs to go back to St Luke's for the vaccinations once his renewed passport arrived )

MAY 6, 2014 - Interview @ 0615 (APPROVED!!!!)

May 9, 2014 - visa picked up from to go

May 9, 2014 - Booked flight for hubby

May 11, 2014 - Hubby's Flight from Philippines to USA (yahoo!!!! 2 more days!!! I will be with him forever!!!)

Pd march 4 2012

N0a2 dec 26 2013

My estimate is 2-4months.. Basing on vj members who are already done with the process. And i think it also depends on how alert we are when it comes to responding to nvc.

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For India, you'll need the "Passport Clearance Certificate" from the passport office. i believe that local police clearance certificate isn't needed anymore by NVC

The website which you have provided ( http://newdelhi.usem...l#police) does not say anything about requiring a Passport Clearance Certificate ? Perhaps you will be kind enough to show where is it mentioned that the Police clearance certificate is not required by NVC. Maybe i am not seeing the right screen.

Anyone from India who has passed the NVC stage can you please help us.Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Please ignore the previous post and yeah thanks dirk_diggler for the website.After reading the information on that site again looks like i finally got the answer.

Information below is taken from the site.

Police certificates:

Indian Citizens Age 16 and above, residing in India:

All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local passport office.

(Now this will not be applicable to me as I am not an Indian)

Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India:

Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence.

(So, i need to get only the Police letter from the District Police and need not bother about a passport clearance i believe).

Can anyone give me a brighter insight? I have conflicting answers regarding this.. In my case where my husband is in the USa and im in the Philippines, is it really needed to change my husbands tax status from single to married? Or is it okay if he would change that once i arrived in USA? Does it need to have an SSN for that? if it really needs to be changed, what are the things needed and kind of tax would he file? (filing separately??) Just so confused. Someone told me that its okay if his tax status is still single because thats understandable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks and happy new year!!

USCIS STAGE:

04-05-13- Mailed CR1 petition to USCIS
04-08-13- NOA 1 ( NBC)

04-17-13- Form I-797 received thru mail (official receipt)
11-18-13- transferred to Texas Service Center
12-12-13- NOA2 (at last!), no RFE smile.png

NVC STAGE:

01-06-14- shipped to NVC

01-13-14- NVC received

02-12-14- Case number, IIN & Beneficiary ID available through phonecall

02-24-14- DS-261 available and completed

02-26-14- Received email from NVC to pay AOS bill

02-27-14- paid AOS bill, in process

03-03-14- AOS bill appear as paid

03-15-14- Received email from NVC to pay IV bill; Mailed AOS packet

03-18-14- NVC received AOS packet, under review

03-27-14- paid IV fee, in process

03-28-14- Mailed IV packet

03-31-14- IV bill appear as paid, DS-260 available online and completed

04-02-14- received IV documents, under review

04-04-14- received AOS checklist

04-10-14- mailed corrected AOS checklist

04-18-14- corrected AOS logged into the system

05-02-14- CASE COMPLETE! (Phonecall) :dance: :dance:

05-09-14- CASE COMPLETE! (Email)

CONSULATE:

05-27-14- Medical at SLEC- passed! :dancing:

06-10-14- Interview at USEM - approved! :thumbs:

06-14-14- Visa on hand :D

I am confused now. As per Saylin's EZGuide Spouse ' Original Police certificate of beneficiary' is required with the IV Packet. Do we need a passport clearance as well? But thats not mentioned anywhere in the guide? I wish i could ask this question in the India forum but seems like the regional forum for India is almost dead.

First off, I didn't write that guide :P I just linked to it in the first post.

Yes, the PCC is required (in most cases) in the IV package. The passport clearance is something specific to India, hence why it's not mentioned in the guides as it's country-specific. If all the guides listed all country-specific requirements, it'd take you forever to read!

When is the best time to schedule medical? After getting the case number or after the payment of fees or after the case complete? I just. Wanna know so that im not going to rush everything and have a proper time management. My case was shipped to nvc dec 27. I did not call yet but on monday i will thank u in adcance for the reply

For the Philippines, you can do advance medicals (which instead of requiring the interview letter, only requires the first piece of correspondence from NVC which contains your case number).

Because of some people getting tested positive for TB in the Philippines specifically, you may want to consider getting the medical done soon, as if you're tested positive, you have to go on treatment for 6 months. I've seen countless people have to push back their interview date because of this since they waited until a few weeks before the interview date to get the medical done. It's obviously up to you, but just keep this in mind.

The case isn't sent out to the consulate/embassy until AFTER the interview date has been assigned.

And for IR-1/CR-1 visas, priority dates are meaningless as there's an unlimited number of visas each year for that visa category.

Can anyone give me a brighter insight? I have conflicting answers regarding this.. In my case where my husband is in the USa and im in the Philippines, is it really needed to change my husbands tax status from single to married? Or is it okay if he would change that once i arrived in USA? Does it need to have an SSN for that? if it really needs to be changed, what are the things needed and kind of tax would he file? (filing separately??) Just so confused. Someone told me that its okay if his tax status is still single because thats understandable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks and happy new year!!

What he did was wrong. If he filed single when he was actually married, he lied to the IRS. Plain and simple. You can wait if you want to amend it once you get to the US and have a SSN, but first you need to pass the interview. And this can be a huge red flag since he basically isn't acknowledging he's married.

To amend it, you don't need to have a SSN. You can file MFS which just requires the USC to write 'NRA' (non-resident alien) in the SSN field of the foreign spouse. Or you can file MFJ which gets an ITIN assigned to you in lieu of a SSN, but the foreign spouse needs to send certain documents and this takes much longer as the tax return form and documents have to go to a separate IRS department to assign the ITIN, then it gets sent to the regular department where they process tax returns.

First off, I didn't write that guide tongue.png I just linked to it in the first post.

Yes, the PCC is required (in most cases) in the IV package. The passport clearance is something specific to India, hence why it's not mentioned in the guides as it's country-specific. If all the guides listed all country-specific requirements, it'd take you forever to read!

For the Philippines, you can do advance medicals (which instead of requiring the interview letter, only requires the first piece of correspondence from NVC which contains your case number).

Because of some people getting tested positive for TB in the Philippines specifically, you may want to consider getting the medical done soon, as if you're tested positive, you have to go on treatment for 6 months. I've seen countless people have to push back their interview date because of this since they waited until a few weeks before the interview date to get the medical done. It's obviously up to you, but just keep this in mind.

The case isn't sent out to the consulate/embassy until AFTER the interview date has been assigned.

And for IR-1/CR-1 visas, priority dates are meaningless as there's an unlimited number of visas each year for that visa category.

What he did was wrong. If he filed single when he was actually married, he lied to the IRS. Plain and simple. You can wait if you want to amend it once you get to the US and have a SSN, but first you need to pass the interview. And this can be a huge red flag since he basically isn't acknowledging he's married.

To amend it, you don't need to have a SSN. You can file MFS which just requires the USC to write 'NRA' (non-resident alien) in the SSN field of the foreign spouse. Or you can file MFJ which gets an ITIN assigned to you in lieu of a SSN, but the foreign spouse needs to send certain documents and this takes much longer as the tax return form and documents have to go to a separate IRS department to assign the ITIN, then it gets sent to the regular department where they process tax returns.

So since we havent received our case number yet, the 2013 tax could be the most recent one to be included instead for 2012 and earlier? Do u have an idea if theres a docu needed for MFS? regarding the interview, am i the only one interviewed or would be my husband included?

USCIS STAGE:

04-05-13- Mailed CR1 petition to USCIS
04-08-13- NOA 1 ( NBC)

04-17-13- Form I-797 received thru mail (official receipt)
11-18-13- transferred to Texas Service Center
12-12-13- NOA2 (at last!), no RFE smile.png

NVC STAGE:

01-06-14- shipped to NVC

01-13-14- NVC received

02-12-14- Case number, IIN & Beneficiary ID available through phonecall

02-24-14- DS-261 available and completed

02-26-14- Received email from NVC to pay AOS bill

02-27-14- paid AOS bill, in process

03-03-14- AOS bill appear as paid

03-15-14- Received email from NVC to pay IV bill; Mailed AOS packet

03-18-14- NVC received AOS packet, under review

03-27-14- paid IV fee, in process

03-28-14- Mailed IV packet

03-31-14- IV bill appear as paid, DS-260 available online and completed

04-02-14- received IV documents, under review

04-04-14- received AOS checklist

04-10-14- mailed corrected AOS checklist

04-18-14- corrected AOS logged into the system

05-02-14- CASE COMPLETE! (Phonecall) :dance: :dance:

05-09-14- CASE COMPLETE! (Email)

CONSULATE:

05-27-14- Medical at SLEC- passed! :dancing:

06-10-14- Interview at USEM - approved! :thumbs:

06-14-14- Visa on hand :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I requested an expedite on 12/23/12 and received an email on 1/3/14 that it was accepted by the embassy. My question is for those that might have expedited on the NVC stage. How soon did you get an interview date?

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.