merijan

If petitioner is on welfare

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some embassies won't accept a cosponsor for a K1 applicant, so I'd suggest the OP do some research on this first.

The minimum income required by the Affidavit of Support is quite generous towards the sponsor. I could never support my wife if I was only making the minimum income required by the form. That said, when my fiancee arrived, I owed over $12,000 on my credit cards. I tried talking my fiancee into waiting until I had paid down my debt a bit first. She insisted on coming as soon as she could. Her rationale was that I'd be spending less money because I wouldn't have to travel to see her and that with two incomes, we'd be able to take on my debt much faster. Two years after she got here, that $12,000 debt has been eliminated and we now have close to $20,000 in savings. Much to my surprise, getting married turned out to be the smartest financial decision I ever made.

I think it works best when both individuals each have the other's best interest in mind when reaching a joint decision about when they're financially able to marry.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Some embassies won't accept a cosponsor for a K1 applicant, so I'd suggest the OP do some research on this first.

The minimum income required by the Affidavit of Support is quite generous towards the sponsor. I could never support my wife if I was only making the minimum income required by the form. That said, when my fiancee arrived, I owed over $12,000 on my credit cards. I tried talking my fiancee into waiting until I had paid down my debt a bit first. She insisted on coming as soon as she could. Her rationale was that I'd be spending less money because I wouldn't have to travel to see her and that with two incomes, we'd be able to take on my debt much faster. Two years after she got here, that $12,000 debt has been eliminated and we now have close to $20,000 in savings. Much to my surprise, getting married turned out to be the smartest financial decision I ever made.

I think it works best when both individuals each have the other's best interest in mind when reaching a joint decision about when they're financially able to marry.

It is amazing how frugal and intelligent some ofthese fiances are with money. They even worry about the exchange rate. MYself, I just spend it thinkingthere will always be more coming in. Of course most americans spend it before they make it. Damn credit cards will be the destruction of america. If the terrorists want to hurt us they shpould just buy master card and call in all the loans

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

If she is aq mother w/3 kids on welfare she should go to the local trailer park bar and meet a husband. She got no business being approved.

That was the most ignorant fu!!ing remark!!!!!! Just because she is on welfare does not mean that she is a low life or less of a human being than you are. I am on disability and have two kids, I was on welfare for 2years before I received my disability. I attend school so that I am able to get a job that my "physical situation" will allow me to support myself, my kids, and my fiance. There is no problem with a person being on welfare if it is needed. And unless you "KNOW FOR A FACT" that she is on welfare just because she does not want to work......then I suggest you shut your FU!!!! mouth. She came here to ask a question and get some advice and help, she did not come here to get knocked down and ridiculed by some AS!HOLE like you who believes all people on welfare are low lifes. Look in the mirror, the only FU!!!! low life I see here would be you, and I pray to God that your fiance realizes what a selfish, ignorant, heartless person you are, and deceides to make a better choice for their life.

The old saying goes......YOU CAN"T CURE STUPID!!!!! and you my friend have just proven that. WJR

WAY TO GO !!!! People come here for advise not scorn !!!!

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
If she is aq mother w/3 kids on welfare she should go to the local trailer park bar and meet a husband. She got no business being approved.

YOU ARE SUCH AN ### PROBABLY LIKE THE ### I WAS MARRIED TO FOR TEN YEARS. FIRST OF ALL I HAVE WORKED SINCE I WAS 19 AND EVEN AT WORKED AT TWO JOBS AT A TIME. UNTILL I WAS MARRIED AND THEN HAD CHILDREN AND DECIDED IT WAS BETTER TO BE AT HOME WITH MY KIDS. FOR TEN YEARS I LIVED WITH AN ABUSIVE MAN AND WHEN I LEFT HIM I HAD NO JOB,. AND ANY JOB I AM TO GET NOW UNTILL I HAVE FURTHER EDUCATION WILL NOT BE ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF ME AND MY CHILDREN. AND SINCE HE DOES NOT GIVE ME ANY SUPPORT I AM TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE. SO IF YOU CHOOSE TO STEROTYPE ME ITS OK ITS JUST UR TOTAL LACK OF BRAIN MATTER.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Timeline

Why do some people insist on using ALL CAPS in their posts? It just makes it less likely that their post will be read.

08/28/2004 Engaged

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Why do some people insist on using ALL CAPS in their posts? It just makes it less likely that their post will be read.

Cause she is yelling at azcactus , duh!

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

I know she was mad, but using ALL CAPS is a big turnoff when making a decision whether or not to read a posting. Just my two cents...

08/28/2004 Engaged

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.