corvusheart

Waiting for NOA1

21 posts in this topic

I know there is probably other topics on this already. But when should I expect the NOA1 to come in the mail? I submitted the 129-F on Dec. 10th and have gotten nothing back yet. My lawyer sent it in so I do not have a tracking number. Will I get an email and a thing in the regular mail? Or just something in the regular mail? Btw it's to the Texas Service Centre.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

I know there is probably other topics on this already. But when should I expect the NOA1 to come in the mail? I submitted the 129-F on Dec. 10th and have gotten nothing back yet. My lawyer sent it in so I do not have a tracking number. Will I get an email and a thing in the regular mail? Or just something in the regular mail? Btw it's to the Texas Service Centre.

Your lawyer will get all notifications at first hands and then informed to the petitioner. That's how people on VJ had experienced when a lawyer handling their case files.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Timeline

Your lawyer will get all notifications at first hands and then informed to the petitioner. That's how people on VJ had experienced when a lawyer handling their case files.

I am using a lawyer and received notifications - via SMS and then email - my wife also gets the emails, as does our lawyer.

I hired the lawyer for a specific reason, and managing the progress of our case wasn't that reason. The OP can and should sign up for SMS/email notifications with both USCIS and later NVC. I personally have the view that if anything goes wrong, it's my responsibility and not the lawyer.

And the OPs question it takes about a week or 10 days for the NOA1 to arrive. Perhaps it was delayed by the holiday. I received both NOA1 and NOA2 via postal mail, even though we have a lawyer.

That's interesting. Many Vjers had posted on VJ complaining that how they can't moving forward for the next step since all the papers went to their lawyers.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

I have had nothing but good experience with the lawyer so far, fast and efficient notifications etc. They did tell me I WOULD receive the NOA1 in the mail; not them.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Have you recived any emails from the USCIS yet? They Emailed us our NOA2 and NOA1 confirmation before we received it in post.

Edited by Rich and Chrissy

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

RFE REPLY - SEPTEMBER 11th

NOA2 - DECEMBER 20th 'approved'

NVC RECEIVED - JANUARY 9th

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

EMBASSY RECEIVED - FEBRUARY 7th

DS-160 and NOAR - FEBRUARY 7th

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

INTERVIEW - MARCH 10th 'approved'

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

VISA IN HAND - MARCH 17th

P.O.E (LAS VEGAS) - MARCH 18th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

I have had nothing but good experience with the lawyer so far, fast and efficient notifications etc. They did tell me I WOULD receive the NOA1 in the mail; not them.

Like other poster said probably delayed due the holidays. It's been more than 2 weeks now though and in my case I've got my NOA-1 a week after submitted to USCIS. You probably should ask your lawyer the tracking code of your package to give you a piece of mind and you can check by yourself.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should get a hard copy either directly or through your attorney. You will need the hard copy NOA for AOS later if you are doing that yourself. So make sure you get it from the attorney if he is your middle man. (also a nice keepsake)

Any timing information you might want can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?cfl=

Experiences with attorneys vary greatly. They can be a big help or a huge frustration. The big thing is keep an open dialogue open with him. There are L..O..N..G periods of nothing happening. It's easy to get complacent. Check the processing times here, if you see your file going past the averages, drop your attorney an email to inquire about your case.

Edited by slowlyman

Sorry, I meant a peace of mind.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Why did you use a lawyer?

I used a lawyer because my wife is a member of the party in Vietnam - she works for a state-controlled company and the only way to get promoted was to join the party. I hired a lawyer with experience in these matters to assist with the waiver request. This situation is relatively unique for obvious reasons, and I felt hiring the lawyer would help insure our waiver request (and other preparation) was as targeted and effective as possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I used a lawyer because my wife is a member of the party in Vietnam - she works for a state-controlled company and the only way to get promoted was to join the party. I hired a lawyer with experience in these matters to assist with the waiver request. This situation is relatively unique for obvious reasons, and I felt hiring the lawyer would help insure our waiver request (and other preparation) was as targeted and effective as possible.

Do you mind sharing cost?

You should get a hard copy either directly or through your attorney. You will need the hard copy NOA for AOS later if you are doing that yourself. So make sure you get it from the attorney if he is your middle man. (also a nice keepsake)

Any timing information you might want can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?cfl=

Experiences with attorneys vary greatly. They can be a big help or a huge frustration. The big thing is keep an open dialogue open with him. There are L..O..N..G periods of nothing happening. It's easy to get complacent. Check the processing times here, if you see your file going past the averages, drop your attorney an email to inquire about your case.

Agree with the need to obtain a paper copy of the NOA1 and NOA2. If the OP needs to schedule an Infopass request this will be requested, and although a scanned copy may suffice it helps to have an original.

And yes experiences with attorneys vary greatly - you are very correct about getting complacent. I don't expect the attorney (regardless of how good they may be) to care as much about our case as we care. My attitude has been to get as much value out of the attorney as possible...perhaps he finds me a bit demanding...but I want to get our money's worth!

She won't use NOA1 for anything other than to get the case number and find out which service center is processing the petition. It is NOA2 that is needed for AOS.

By the way OP, your application went to the Texas Lockbox, not the Texas Service Center. All K1s start there, then get forwarded to a Service Center.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.