AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received an RFE on may 31 about the i129f part C.My fiance forgot to answer one question.We mailed the answer on june1.they received our RFE on june 4. until now we haven't receive the approval.. until when do we need to wait for our noa2? TIA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Good luck with your RFE my fiancé received one Dec 2012 its been sitting with at Vermont Centre since February and we are still awaiting a decision

????? You mean that you are waiting since december for them to make dessision about your RFE answer???? You still did not get anything? No replay? Don't they have like 2 months to do it? Are you sure that they recive it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

????? You mean that you are waiting since december for them to make dessision about your RFE answer???? You still did not get anything? No replay? Don't they have like 2 months to do it? Are you sure that they recive it?

No my fiancé received the RFE hard copy in December its been with the Vermont Centre since February, yes they have received it as my fiancé has spoken to them they told him back in March it could take up to 90 days for a decision. I don't know where you got 2 months from its entirely up to them how long it takes for them to do it

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Well I've red somewhere I'm on phone but as I get on my pc I will try to find the source n link it. You are the first couple that I've seen waiting so long for RFE answer....I was shocked, becouse 99% couples on this and other forums had their dessision really fast after sending what was missing.

We received our hard copy of our RFE today. It asked for more information on the petitioner's criminal history. He needs to get copies of his court and police records to send in. Hopefully that doesn't take too long. It also said that he filed out an old copy of I129f. They sent only 1 page to fill out, the page with part c on it. We are guessing that he just needs to fill that in. I am wondering if any of you know if that is the case or not.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi delreb1,

My RFE is same as yours. I'm DEC filer from Vermont (was transferred our case to Texas in May 2013) and just received the RFE (hard copy). It says:

"This office is unable to complete the processing of your petition without further information. Please provide an original statement from the beneficiary establishing her INTENT TO MARRY you within 90 days of her admission to the United States. You may also submit copies of any evidence she wishes to submit to establish her mutual intent to marry."

I am beneficial here and my finance is USC. When he sent NOA1 , he signed only from his side in "Intent to marry letter" and sent. There was no signature from me . That might be what the RFE is asking for.

What I would like to know is whether you sent additional document along with requested doc ("Intent to marry letter") ? Thanks in advance for your help. All the best in the rest of your journey ! smile.png

My RFE was because I did not send in a letter of intent from my fiance, only one from me. I had hired one of these "I will help you and guide you every step of the way to your visa approval guys. Before I sent in the application, he had me email it to him to check for errors. I did and he wrote back that everything looked good. Then I got the RFE for no intent to mary letter and when I wrote him and asked him why he did not pick up on this, he said he never heard of the beneficiary being required to submit a letter of intent. That caused us a delay that should never have happened. He is the one that was the self professed expert. This guy took my money and when I would email him with a question, he would either ignore it, or answer me with a "smart ####" answer. Talked very nice to me until I paid him. If I had known what I know now I would never have hired anyone, especially this guy. I know that I could have done it without him. The guy I hired was ezvisa.com.

March 27- AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox ( I-130, I-485, I-765)

March 28 - Package received at USCIS.

April 1- NOA1

April 2 - Email and text notification with Receipt Numbers.

April 2 - Checks cashed in

April 10 - Hardcopy of NOA1 for all three applications.

April 11 - Received biometrics appointment letter for 04/29/2014

April 15 - Completed Walk in Biometrics appointment successfully. (Original Appointment was for 29th April)

July 10- Potential Interview Waiver

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi all,

Another RFE filer here. We received our RFE hard copy today. It says:

"This office is unable to complete the processing of your petition without further information. Please provide an original statement from the beneficiary establishing her INTENT TO MARRY you within 90 days of her admission to the United States. You may also submit copies of any evidence she wishes to submit to establish her mutual intent to marry."

Do we need to submit additional document for any evidence along with "INTEND TO MARRY" letter? Any of you received same as our case?? All advice are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

March 27- AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox ( I-130, I-485, I-765)

March 28 - Package received at USCIS.

April 1- NOA1

April 2 - Email and text notification with Receipt Numbers.

April 2 - Checks cashed in

April 10 - Hardcopy of NOA1 for all three applications.

April 11 - Received biometrics appointment letter for 04/29/2014

April 15 - Completed Walk in Biometrics appointment successfully. (Original Appointment was for 29th April)

July 10- Potential Interview Waiver

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good Afternoon. As a fellow Applicant and VM member who got transferred to Texas here is my update. My file was finally touched and my case status was changed to Request For Evidence. My Fiancé's divorce documents needed translation (#######...stupid miss on my part).

Anyways...I just sent back 2-day certified. today: 6/28/2013

I am hoping that is all they needed. I was more excited to actually get anything back.

Has any DEC-Jan filers returned an RFE yet? If so, How long did it take for your case update?

I will answer these question on this forum when I have my own personal answers....for anyone else in my boat.

Filed: Timeline

I received an RFE for additional evidence specifically regarding my last visit to spend time with my fiancée.

The materials I sent originally included:

1) Photos of together including our engagement party (no date stamps on photos)

2) Letters of intent to marry within 90 days

3) Listing of our schedule of meeting and my 2 visits to be with fiancée

4) all the required documents and check.

They wanted and I gave them the following:

1) Photos with date stamps - I only had 1 of these

2) Airline e-tickets of local flights which had both our names as well as my e-ticket RT USA/Philippines and boarding passes.

3) hotel and resort receipts, and restaurants

4) Letter signed and translated from her father

5) We had a letter from Catholic priest supporting our fiancee visa application and stating we met with him in her city

That all seemed to be sufficient and they processed the approval 5 days after receipt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

We received an RFE on may 31 about the i129f part C.My fiance forgot to answer one question.We mailed the answer on june1.they received our RFE on june 4. until now we haven't receive the approval.. until when do we need to wait for our noa2? TIA

They received mine too same date as yours.are you vsc or csc?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got an email today. The are asking for ROF. I wonder what they are asking for. I submitted all the required documents but did not fill in the following

Question 3 in Part C:

"If you have provided information about a conviction for a crime listed above and you were being battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by your spouse, parent, or adult child at the time of your conviction, check all of the following that apply to you:

___ I was acting in self-defense.

___ I violated a protection order issued for my own protection.

___ I committed, was arrested for, was convicted of, or plead guilty to committing a crime that did not result in serious bodily injury, and there was a connection between the crime committed and my having been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty."

Obviously, none of these apply to me, and they only had boxes available to check in. What do i do?

PLEASE HELP

Edited by kinu554

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I got an email today. The are asking for ROF. I wonder what they are asking for. I submitted all the required documents but did not fill in the following

Question 3 in Part C:

"If you have provided information about a conviction for a crime listed above and you were being battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by your spouse, parent, or adult child at the time of your conviction, check all of the following that apply to you:

___ I was acting in self-defense.

___ I violated a protection order issued for my own protection.

___ I committed, was arrested for, was convicted of, or plead guilty to committing a crime that did not result in serious bodily injury, and there was a connection between the crime committed and my having been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty."

Obviously, none of these apply to me, and they only had boxes available to check in. What do i do?

PLEASE HELP

If you were not convicted of a crime, you do not check anything there. It's fine to leave it blank. It's probably for something else. Wait until you get the letter.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I'm a little confused... If the application I-29f does NOT state that a separate letter of intent to marry from both parties is required, why would they not approve the application because of the lack of such letter? It just doesn't make sense. The application also doesn't state that photos, itineraries, or more proof of a relationship is required. Why would it be required to get approved. I was under the impression that those items where needed for the actual interview, not for the application. Am I wrong?

Filed: Timeline

I'm a little confused... If the application I-29f does NOT state that a separate letter of intent to marry from both parties is required, why would they not approve the application because of the lack of such letter? It just doesn't make sense. The application also doesn't state that photos, itineraries, or more proof of a relationship is required. Why would it be required to get approved. I was under the impression that those items where needed for the actual interview, not for the application. Am I wrong?

From the USCIS site:

"Eligibility Requirements

If you petition for a fiancé(e) visa, you must show that:

• You (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen.
  • You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.
  • You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
  • You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:

1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.

2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you."

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Edited by Redicent

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone else had received the same Request for Evidence that we did....

We were transferred from Vermont to texas in the May transfers. Got a Request for Evidence on the 2nd July and received the paper copy on the 6th July.

They are requesting more passport photos? We made sure we provided one passport photo for each of us with our names on the back, placed in a bag and placed behind the G325A. I have rechecked the USCIS website to check this is still correct...it is.

Anyway the RFE says

PHOTOS

Please submit TWO IDENTICAL PASSPORT STYLE PHOTOS

*Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print the name on the back of the photo

*Enclose the photos in a paper envelope

*Staple the envelope to this notice when returning it to this office

I wonder why they want more photos? Also do you think they want photos from both of us or just the petitioner or just me? It's a good job I got some more done the last time I was there but still have to get them sent to my fiance before he can get it all sent off.

More delays....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.