AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

CSC has confirmed they got our evidence in the mail. We had to send our letters of intent (our original package only had marriage eligibility), and evidence of having met in the two years prior to the application. I sent two time-stamped photos of us, my residence permits for China, and plane tickets... hoping that's enough. We lived in the same cities, but never had our names on the same lease or anything.

2013.1.7- I-129f mailed to Texas Lockbox (with correct fee this time--> Delivered 2013.1.8 (priority date)

2013.5.29- RFE mailed--> 2013.6.3 RFE arrives --> 2013.7.3 Forms mailed back to CIS via DHL--> 2013.7.5 CSC confirms receipt of evidence

2013.7.26- I129f approved! --> 2013.8.16- NVC confirms receipt of petition

2013.8.30- P3 arrives at fiancee's home --> 2013.9.8 P3 documents mailed to GUZ

2013.9.20- P4 email arrives

2013.10.25- Medical exam; 2013.10.28- Interview--> APPROVED!

2014.2.20- POE!; 2014.2.21- reunited in my hometown :)

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone else had received the same Request for Evidence that we did....

We were transferred from Vermont to texas in the May transfers. Got a Request for Evidence on the 2nd July and received the paper copy on the 6th July.

They are requesting more passport photos? We made sure we provided one passport photo for each of us with our names on the back, placed in a bag and placed behind the G325A. I have rechecked the USCIS website to check this is still correct...it is.

Anyway the RFE says

PHOTOS

Please submit TWO IDENTICAL PASSPORT STYLE PHOTOS

*Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print the name on the back of the photo

*Enclose the photos in a paper envelope

*Staple the envelope to this notice when returning it to this office

I wonder why they want more photos? Also do you think they want photos from both of us or just the petitioner or just me? It's a good job I got some more done the last time I was there but still have to get them sent to my fiance before he can get it all sent off.

More delays....

It may be that the photos are now over 6 months old? Or they did not conform to requirements? Make sure the new photos follow all the requirements. See below:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/photocomptemplate/photocomptemplate_5330.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5331.html

Edited by Redicent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got the hard copy RFE today, Dec. filer VSC to TSC. They want "an original statement from the beneficiary establishing his/her intent to marry you....". Well at least it's an easy one. I really think they just pick the reasons out of a hat, each agent probably gets to use 10 day. Anyway, good info here. I was on the phone last week with them, they sound really stressed. I don't know where the phone agents are located. Thanks all for your support -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello VJers

I received a RFE hard copy today for our I-129F and it is requesting evidence for affidavits. The notice states " Please submit additional evidence, such as affidavits to establish that the beneficiary is entitled to the benefit being sought. Affidavits must be sworn to or affirmed under the penalty of perjury by two persons who were living at the time of the event and who have personal knowledge of the event that you are trying to prove. The affidavit should contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address, date and placed of birth, relationship to you; if any; full information concerning the event; and complete details how she acquired knowledge of the event. The persons making the affidavits need not to be US citizens.

Has anyone received an RFE such as this and if so how did you rectify the situation?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi im a January 16 NOA1 filer, i received an RFE stating that i didn't answer one of the questions on the I29f form. This is question 2 of the form " Have you ever been convicted by a court of law (civil or criminal) or court-martialed by a military tribunal or any of the following crimes. (my answer is no to this question). What i would like to know is If the officer looked over everything on the petition , or do they send out an RFE as soon as they see a problem... which would open more chances for a second RFE? Should i send extra documents even though the RFE only ask to answer a yes or no question?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am Jan 2013 filer, NOA1 Jan 16. Transfer from VSC to TSC. Today my fiance has received hard copy of the RFE. The RFE goes like this...

"There are several name variations for your fiancee listed on Form I-129F & Form G325 & her divorce decree. Please provide legal verification of your fiancee's correct name."

I have changed my name after divorce & I am back to my maiden name.

So after 7 months in initial review... USCIS decided to send me an RFE. The only thing requested was a sworn affidavit that I and my fiancée needed sign and have notarized stating that "it is our intention to marry within 90 days of receiving k1 visa" isn't this the purpose of filing a I-129f K1? Anyway as of July 1st 2013 we were back to initial review... Today, I received notice of an additional RFE via e-mail. How much more can they possibly want? Can't wait to see what they need this time (may be proof that I filed the I-129f?). Instead of requesting everything at once they create more work for themselves..

04/23/2012: Met online
08/17/2012: Met in person in Santo Domingo, DR
11/13/2012: NOA1 received
11/24/2012: 2nd Visit to Santiago, DR
02/02.2012: 3rd Visit to Santiago, DR
05/22/2013: RFE (affadavit of intent to marry in 90 days)
06/07/2013: 4th Visit to Santiago, DR with kids
06/22/2013: RFE response sent
07/01/2013: RFE received back to Initial Review (again)
07/09/2013: 2nd RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, guys!:)

I have 2 questions, could you please help me?

1) Those of you, who received the RFE about proving that you've met in the past 2 years... What exactly was written in your RFE ?

"On ...... 2013, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). " or

" On ......, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. "??

2) we received email RFE notifications on the 2nd of July and since then- nothing :(

Is it okay, that after 10 days we still haven't received the hard copy yet??

Thank you!!

Our K-1 Journey: Vermont
03/05/2013 - sent our I-129F to Dallas lockbox
03/11/2013 - NOA-1 date
07/02/2013 - RFE email notification received
07/19/2013 - RFE reply sent to Vermont
07/30/2013 - NOA-2 date
08/26/2013 - case received by NVC, case number assigned
08/28/2013 - case left the NVC
08/30/2013 - case received by the consulate (but not in the system yet)
09/05/2013 - received a letter with instructions from the consulate
09/20/2013 - interview!
09/25/2013 - visa in hand
09/29/2013 - POE
Our AOS Journey:
10/04/2013 - sent our AOS package to Chicago lockbox
10/09/2013 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765
11/19/2013 - biometrics
11/27/2013 - status for I-485 changed to "Testing and Interview"
12/05/2013 - I-765 approved!
12/14/2013 - combo card received
12/28/2013 - received an interview invitation letter
01/28/2014 - interview (approved on the spot)

02/06/2014 - Green card received

Our I-751 Journey:Vermont

11/16/2015 - sent I-751 package to Vermont

11/20/2015 - NOA-1 date

12/21/2015 - Biometrics

10/07/2016 - NOA-2 date

10/24/2016 - GC received

Our N-400 Journey (New York City):

11/01/2016 - sent N-400 package to Lewisville

11/07/2016 - NOA-1 date

11/29/2016 - Biometrics

12/28/2016 - "In Line for an interview"

05/02/2017 - "Interview scheduled" notification

05/08/2017 - Interview letter received

06/06/2017 - Interview

06/09/2017 - "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" notification

06/12/2017 - Oath letter received

06/21/2017 - Oath ceremony

Hello Everyone. Can someone enlighten me please.

We got RFE about letter of intent to marry. My question is is it OK to send supporting documents on his second trip aside from intent to marry ..like photo copy of boarding pass and pictures even they did not request it? Please share your input about this guys. Thank you very much.

Documents include:

1.intent to marry

2.boarding passes and photos

RkTqm8.png

And

WUDnm8.png

event.png

Hello Everyone. Can someone enlighten me please.

We got RFE about letter of intent to marry. My question is is it OK to send supporting documents on his second trip aside from intent to marry ..like photo copy of boarding pass and pictures even they did not request it? Please share your input about this guys. Thank you very much.

Documents include:

1.intent to marry

2.boarding passes and photos

Hello there! If I were you and they asked me just for the letter of intent then I would just submit what they've asked me for. I mean there is no point to give them more than they have requested from you, having in mind that if they needed something else they would have requested for.

I'm just saying...

Good luck with everything!

event.png
event.png

event.png

Hello there! If I were you and they asked me just for the letter of intent then I would just submit what they've asked me for. I mean there is no point to give them more than they have requested from you, having in mind that if they needed something else they would have requested for.

I'm just saying...

Thank you so much for the quick response Lora. I am just maybe nervous a little when I read post about RFE after another. And yes your right. I'll just calm down for now. biggrin.png

Good luck to your journey as well.

I'm just saying...

Thank you so much for the quick response Lora. I am just maybe nervous a little when I read post about RFE after another. And yes your right. I'll just calm down for now. biggrin.png

I'm just saying...

RkTqm8.png

And

WUDnm8.png

event.png

So after 7 months in initial review... USCIS decided to send me an RFE. The only thing requested was a sworn affidavit that I and my fiancée needed sign and have notarized stating that "it is our intention to marry within 90 days of receiving k1 visa" isn't this the purpose of filing a I-129f K1?

Signed AND notarized? Is that what the RFE said?

Is that typical? I didn't get mine notarized; I don't remember seeing that requirement.

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am Jan 2013 filer, NOA1 Jan 16. Transfer from VSC to TSC. Today my fiance has received hard copy of the RFE. The RFE goes like this...

"There are several name variations for your fiancee listed on Form I-129F & Form G325 & her divorce decree. Please provide legal verification of your fiancee's correct name."

I have changed my name after divorce & I am back to my maiden name.

In the reply to my above mentioned RFE, I have sent a copy of my birth certificate & my current passport which has my maiden name. Is it enough to prove my identity??? Can anybody tell me??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Signed AND notarized? Is that what the RFE said?

Is that typical? I didn't get mine notarized; I don't remember seeing that requirement.

my NOA1 on 11 March 2013 and got RFE on 28 June 2013, actually the mailed said "need affidavit letter of intent" but our lawyer told us to notarize the Letter of Intent to marry by notary public, and just send it back on 15 July but until now, our status on web still "RFE" ..not change yet...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.