Azontodance

Bringing wife and 9months old child to US

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day! Pls I need more advice has I have searched the USimmigration website, but no straight answers. My problem is, I have been due for US citizen, and I just applied for my citizenship. I would final be a citizen in less than 3 months, but I recently had a child abroad whom will be 9months old by the time I become a citizen. If I petition for my wife, would my 9months old daughter become automatic citizen? she will be 9months old by the time I get my citizenship. However, I am filling for both my wife and my child

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am US citizen, it took me a couple of months to naturalized my new born. I am now applilying for my wife and is taking a long time.

dancin5hr.gif Luis & Dulce Hdez
USCIS
NOA1 7/24/13
NOA2 12/17/13

NVC
12-30-13 NVC Received case
1-24-14 Received a Case Number and IIN
1-29-14 Filled DS 261
1-30-14 Paid AOS Bill (I-864)
2-5-14 requested expedite (pending)
2-6-14 Filled & sent I-864
2-7-14 NVC Received I-864 (dock)
2-10-14 NVC received I-864 (office)
2-12-14 Choice of Agent Approved-email ( DS-261)
2-13-14 IV Invoice available and Paid
2-18-14 DS 260 Filled and sent Supporting Docs.
2-19-14 NVC received IV Docs
3-4-14 Checklist AOS
3-5-14 Responded Checklist AOS
3-10-14 NVC received & logged AOS checklist
3-13-14 DS 260 and IV Packet Approved
3-13-14 Received False checklist for AOS
3-22-2014 Case Completed!!

Embassy CDJ

5-5-2014 Medical exma

5-6-2014 Biometrics
5-7-2014 Interview date

5-9-2014 Entry USA

I-751 (Removal of Conditions Timeline)

04/27//2016 Mailed I-751 Package to CSC via USPS with tracking number and receipt for delivery.

05/06/2016 Package rejected due to Mistake on Personal check.

05/09/2016 Mailed Package for next day delivery.

05/10/2016 USCIS received I-751 package with new personal check.

__/__/2016 NOA date

__/__ /2016 Biometrics

__/__/2016 Approved

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You must file 2 separate i130.

i130 and $420 cheque for wife

i130 and $420 cheque for child

Plus the required documentations for each.

Timeline

Your child will qualify to become a US citizen once she enters the US.

You must file i130 for her first because she needs to acquire LPR status and green card before you can transmit US citizenship.

Timeline

Your child will qualify to become a US citizen once she enters the US.

You must file i130 for her first because she needs to acquire LPR status and green card before you can transmit US citizenship.

Thank you @ apple21.... Now I understand better. Someone told me that she would NOT be a US citizen because I was not a citizen by the time she was born. Remember she would be 8 or 9months old by the time I will become a naturalized citizen.

Edited by bobodammie

Timeline

Thank you @ apple21.... Now I understand better. Someone told me that she would NOT be a US citizen because I was not a citizen by the time she was born. Remember she would be 8 or 9months old by the time I will become a naturalized citizen.

I have a feeling what that someone told you is right

According to what i know, The child of a citizen automatically is a citizen as far as you notify the embassy with back up documents.

Since ur child was born while you were LPR, then the child becomes LPR ,first upon entrance before becoming a citizen.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your child need to be in the US to get citizenship. You file a I130 for her but you can file an exemption to the I 864 because as soon as she has her green card she becomes a USC. Your wife needs an I130 and an I864.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Thanks to everyone that responded to me. God bless you all.

@Igwe and Lolo, do I have to file the I864 along with my daughter I130 or how does it work upon her entrance to the US?

Timeline

Thanks to everyone that responded to me. God bless you all.

@Igwe and Lolo, do I have to file the I864 along with my daughter I130 or how does it work upon her entrance to the US?

The i864 is not required in the initial i130 filing.

You will submit your wife's and child's i864 during the NVC stage, after you pay the Affidavit of Support fee ($88).

Timeline

wow, Thanks for the quick response... I appreciate..... Now I understand that I need to file separate I130, so I still need to say NO to where it ask if I'm a citizen? I would be before they finish the processing.

Timeline

wow, Thanks for the quick response... I appreciate..... Now I understand that I need to file separate I130, so I still need to say NO to where it ask if I'm a citizen? I would be before they finish the processing.

You answer NO. Never claim to be a US citizen unless you have proof that you are one (US passport or Naturalization certificate).

You will be filing i-130 as an LPR. You need to submit a photocopy of your valid GC (front & back).

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Ok, Thanks alot. I will do as u said. I will file one I130 for my wife and another one for my daughter, then I would file I864 for my daughter for her to become a citizen upon arriving to the US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For your duaghter you will use the I 864W when the time comes ( and you are a citizen ) and tick off the I am under 18 and the daughter of a USC box.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

You can not transmit US citizenship to your child since you were NOT a USC when it was born. You will have to file I-130 to get her a green card. Once she enters the US and is in your phyisical and legal custody, AND you are a USC, she becomes a USC through the Child Citzenship Act of 2000. Check this for more info:

--Automatic Citizenship through the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 (CCA)--

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/431566-our-story-crba-for-our-child-denied-entering-the-us-with-a-baby-transportation-letter-and-citizenship-through-the-cca/

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.