americandreams

Seniors Please! Need a Urgent Help!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi all

This is Andy. I came to United States last month on a tourist visa. So its been a month i am here. Now i am arranging all my documents for change of status to F1 Student. So i need to know some important information before i start the procedure.

1. Are community colleges good enough for change of status? I mean they are cheaper than the uni's and other colleges so i want to study in community college. Is it a right choice?

2. If i choose 2 years study than what will be the duration of my F1 student permit? Do i get the work permit after my studies?

3. Are their may intakes for undergraduate programs?

4. Should i prepare whole paperwork myself or i should contact attorney?

Please Guide me help will be appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Most of these questions should be directed to the DSO at your school. The I20 issued by the school will have your duration of stay on it.

You may apply for OPT after your schooling but the job must be directly related to your major and you are only allotted one year

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

no work permit because you have to study full-time, you can only work 20 hours per week and on campus, and really it isn't that cheap.

international students depending on the career can pay up to 3 times what local students pay, meaning do you have thousands of dollars to spare?

check the college that you are interested in, they will give you the answers.

Filed: Timeline

and USCIS will wonder why you didn't apply for a student visa earlier, and what happened to all those ties you claimed you had when you applied for the B2 visa....and if the COS is allowed, well, when you return to your country later and need an F1 visa, guess what the first question will be?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You have to obtain a student visa through the school. You have to apply and be accepted. Then the school will do the paperwork. International rates are very expensive even at public schools and you will have to show that you or a sponsor can provide funding for your school and living expenses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A student visa F-1 can only be issued to a person who is OUTSIDE the USA.

You cannot change status from tourist visa to student visa.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.