13 posts in this topic

Hi all

I arrived last Friday. Wonderful to be FINALLY united. Will apply for SSN tomorrow, and register the marriage license. So far so good. But I just found out, that I have to fill the form I-693 together with AOS. Are you kidding me? My medical is only 2 months old. WHY should I have to take another medical AGAIN?

2nd thing is just an annotation: this country expects (and they are right to do so) that no new arriveal will be a burdon to the community. But it seems REALLY rediculous that the time from arriving POE until AOS/EAD is 5 months!!!!! This makes no sense at all! I had a very lucrative job offer and can NOT work, due to the ridicule of this system. THIS is REALLY annoying! We all have gone througfh a hell of administrative BS. So let us just move on with our life's!

Any way....sorry had to vent. Any replies regarding the I-693 (if its really a necessity) are more than welcome.

Wishing you all the best

Hi all

I arrived last Friday. Wonderful to be FINALLY united. Will apply for SSN tomorrow, and register the marriage license. So far so good. But I just found out, that I have to fill the form I-693 together with AOS. Are you kidding me? My medical is only 2 months old. WHY should I have to take another medical AGAIN?

2nd thing is just an annotation: this country expects (and they are right to do so) that no new arriveal will be a burdon to the community. But it seems REALLY rediculous that the time from arriving POE until AOS/EAD is 5 months!!!!! This makes no sense at all! I had a very lucrative job offer and can NOT work, due to the ridicule of this system. THIS is REALLY annoying! We all have gone througfh a hell of administrative BS. So let us just move on with our life's!

Any way....sorry had to vent. Any replies regarding the I-693 (if its really a necessity) are more than welcome.

Wishing you all the best

If you were up to date with shots during your medical then you do not need to send i-693, you can send in a photocopy of a copy of ds-3025 if you were handed one during your medical but it will be in your file anyway.

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

+1 post above. From the K1 AoS guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy).

On the topic of your EAD, it is sometimes possible to expedite receiving this if you can show you need it more quickly. I think folks manage to do this via an InfoPass appointment, but you should probably search the forums a bit and find out and check for sure.

Here's an e.g. though:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450617-trying-to-expedite-ead-process-welcome-any-advice-or-questions/

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You are not required to get another medical > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

~ Moved from K-1 Process to AOS from Family Based Visas - topic is AOS, not K-1 ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all

Wishing you all the best

Calm, calm now. smile.png How's the U.S. working out for you? I miss it: but I'll be back there in a month so YAY! dancin5hr.gif

Regarding your SSN...you know you have to retrieve your I-94 https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html;jsessionid=X8fLSvWLTZj83ntynvNPp1tvDFwhzqMn339yP35rh2kkzkfX8YW0!271044983 in order to apply for the SSN. Unfortunately you cannot apply online. Taking your paperwork to a local office or mailing it are the only two options. But you can read and print out the form online, or type the form and print it out... http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.pdf You may already have all that info but Just trying to be helpful.

You shouldn't have to take another medical exam. You should have made copies of your embassy interview medical exam. "If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. Regardless of if you are exempt from a medical exam, you are still required to complete certain portions of the I-693 and have a Civil Surgeon certify the form (and seal it in an evelope). Specifically, you will complete Part 1 (Information about you) of the I-693 and provide both the form and your DS-3025 (if you have it, proving your vaccination history) and any proof of required vaccinations that were completed prior to entering the US. If you do not have a copy of your DS-3025 you will need to provide sufficient evidence of your vaccination history to the Civil Surgeon (talk to the civil surgeon's office to discuss what vaccination records they accept as proof). If you do not have proof of your vaccination history the Civil Surgeon may insist on re-administering all the required vaccinations prior to completing the I-693. Once the Civil Surgeon has has verified that all required vaccinations have been performed, they will complete form I-693 Part 2 (the vaccination section) and Part 5 (the Civil Surgeon's Certification). They will then seal the form in an envelope and return it to you." Other great Tips for filing: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1aos AND THE GUIDE: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

While Adjustment of Status can take awhile, EAD usually only takes 60-90 days. Let your employer know it won't take more than 60-90 days to get your EAD and if they will reserve your job for you then great. If not, there are hundreds, if not thousands of jobs in the U.S. For example, I had a friend from Iran who found a job quickly with a vaccum distributing company: not the most pretty of jobs but he made 2,000 + and bonuses a month. And the company promotes within, so after working there for a period of time, he got a raise. He found the job in craigslist. Sometimes you can get lucky with that website. Depends where you live a lot of times. Don't sweat it! Everything will work out. We're all here to help each other out. happy.png

Edited by Misha'sgirl

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

Sorry to ask question on someone else's thread. I don't think I should open another topic since this is related to this post.

I am not given DS-3025 because according to the doctor, I can't make copies or have the copy given to me since I have asthma medical history.

What can I do at AOS later on? I am only give 1 shot which is MMR

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

If your DS-3025 is complete, meaning all vaccinations received or those not received say you can have a blanket waiver for not receiving, then you do not need to include the I-693. You only need to include a copy of your DS-3025 form.

Edited by Zedayn

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Sorry to ask question on someone else's thread. I don't think I should open another topic since this is related to this post.

I am not given DS-3025 because according to the doctor, I can't make copies or have the copy given to me since I have asthma medical history.

What can I do at AOS later on? I am only give 1 shot which is MMR

If you do not have a DS-3025, you will need to find a civil surgeon in your area and complete the I-693 for AOS.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all

Wishing you all the best

You DO NOT complete the I-693, a civil surgeon would complete that.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

a. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

b. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

c. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

We did not go to a CS and got the Green Card with no RFE!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.