Aleke86

Separated, pregnant from another man, no health insurrance a HOT MESS !!!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't know about in your state, but in mine you cannot get divorced while pregnant. They want to pin fatherhood on someone, and the husband of a woman giving birth is always the assumed legal father, regardless of if he's the biologic father here. Hopefully your state doesn't have such stupid rules.

To you and I it seems an outrage but once upon a time family law was written to protect children first. In other words, the indignity done to the father, as a lesser wrong than a child with improper material support.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

To you and I it seems an outrage but once upon a time family law was written to protect children first. In other words, the indignity done to the father, as a lesser wrong than a child with improper material support.

I understand the view that the child needs being taken care of. And to my view, the biological father should be the one holding the financial responsibility. I really felt sorry for one guy I used to know that got stuck paying support for 18 years for a child that was not his, while his ex wife lived with the actual father of that child. BTW he also didn't have visitation rights or partial custody, because it wasn't his kid. I don't think the courts are that harsh here today, but I believe the no divorce while the wife is pregnant rule still holds. But I believe its to ascertain the paternity of the child after birth now.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

• 5 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I just re read this topic and OMG!!!! Now, I am in a way better situation, I got my dream job  (French teacher in Houston, TX)I am still with the father of my first baby, who is now 4 almost 5, and we had 2 more after... I never heard from my ex-husband after my first baby was born when he served me with the divorce paper...But I got my green card with no problem. I went to the interview I was very pregnant of my second baby, the officer asked who was the father? husband or new relationship? I said new relationship and that was it, she said "you are approved" in February 2016. I just feel like I had to update you guys!!! bye

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Well, well!  Thanks for returning with the happy news.  It's good to have closure.

Going to lock this thread so that people who don't read it won't offer unneeded advice.

All the best to you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.