jj_stout

This is really so sad!

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think the reason why I-129fs are going so blazingly fast, is the same reason why others are going so slow. I think this will change at some point and the tables will turn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

It will be 2 yrs for my husband and i waiting . another christmas saying next yr .As hard as you try you sometimes fight over it and get so tired of waiting . you sit and think the ppl who do the paper work go home at night to their love ones as you sit alone and wait.2 yrs .SOyes we know how it feels to see ppl doing diffrent other ways and fly ahead of u .im still in the nvc stage it took us 13 months in first stage . just hold on .we all know ,were all here for each other.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I try to be grateful for the little things. Before long distance relationships only had mail or phone calls... now with new technology like skype and the variant forms I can see my husband everyday... this doesnt substitute his presence but it eases some of the pain of separation. Not alot of people understand my situation in my life and are always asking why this takes so long to get my spouse here. Just take it one day at a time and be so happy you are a day closer to the end because at some point you have to get an approval or some action taken. Lets pray for approvals :)

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yea, it can get depressing... I didnt get to see my husband on our 1yr anniversary, I dont think that it should be this hard for someone to get approved for their loved one to get to them. I mean it's rediculous ranting33va.gif I need them not to be playing with our emotions like this. I pray for the best for ALL that we get approved and the process hurries!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

You are not alone our anniversary January 15, 2013 one year apart. I do not care anymore I am going to visit my family it look like I will be gone before I see a NOA2. If they ask for RFE then I will not be home to get it. So after all this I may loose my chance. This is how much our government care for US citizen. I am tired of this whole process even went for Infopass two weeks ago and they could not answer any of my question. Like how long do I have to respond if I get a RFE. How long do I have to respond to a NOA2 no answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think the reason why I-129fs are going so blazingly fast, is the same reason why others are going so slow. I think this will change at some point and the tables will turn.

I-129fs 6 months or so ago were backlogged, so they started being transferred to TSC to clear the backlog.

Now, I-130s are a little backlogged, and we're seeing them get moved around for additional hands processing them. We'll start seeing heavier numbers of approvals in the coming months, for about 6-9 months, and then they'll re-balance again.

Best of luck to all as the Great Magnet swings back your way. We're all in this together!

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Now, I-130s are a little backlogged

You have failed to grasp just how serious this backlog is. It is nearly a half million petitions. USCIS really let this get out of hand. Do you still think this qualifies as a "little backlogged"?

07/29/2014 - NOA1

11/19/2014 - Transfer to TSC

12/19/2014 - NOA2

01/15/2014 - NVC Received (TSC held it for 3 weeks...)

02/19/2014 - Case no. and IIN assigned; requested embassy change

02/27/2014 - DS-261 available and submitted

02/28/2014 - AOS available and paid

03/19/2014 - AOS mailed

03/27/2014 - AOS entered into system

03/24/2014 - New case no. assigned

03/25/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

03/28/2014 - IV package sent via FedEx

04/26/2014 - case complete

06/01/2014 - passed interview

Seven months now, and they didn't even touch my case yet. USCIS is corrupted.

MSC

I-130 Received date April 24, 2013

NOA1 April, 26 2013

December 03, 2013 Transfer Notice

December 06, 2013 Received hard copy I-797C

Transferred to California Service Center

December 07, 2013 NOA2 APPROVED

January 29,2014 AOS PAID

February 06, 2014 IV PAID

February 12, 2014 I-864EZ mailed

February 12, 2014 DS-260 Support documents sent

February 12, 2014 DS-260 completed

March 12, 2013 CASE CLOSED

April 03, 2014 Interview....

Timeline

You have failed to grasp just how serious this backlog is. It is nearly a half million petitions. USCIS really let this get out of hand. Do you still think this qualifies as a "little backlogged"?

Half a million out of how many total petitions of all types?

Yes.

Seven months now, and they didn't even touch my case yet. USCIS is corrupted.

That's a stretch. It's a government process, which means it's slow to react, but that's not nearly the same as "corrupted."

6gai.jpg

Timeline

Why others who just filed recently an I-130 petition are approve faster than ours who did file it months and months ago.

Our case was never move and touch.

Also, what's sad about this? This is happy times for some folk, getting their petitions approved, which is what everyone here is clamoring for.

6gai.jpg

Yea, it can get depressing... I didnt get to see my husband on our 1yr anniversary, I dont think that it should be this hard for someone to get approved for their loved one to get to them. I mean it's rediculous ranting33va.gif I need them not to be playing with our emotions like this. I pray for the best for ALL that we get approved and the process hurries!

I spend $17.000 yes seventeen thousand dollars traveling to Bosnia four times in past 15 months, and if i knew how corrupted USCIS was i would just offer them $10.000 to speed up my case. If they found that much money in my case i'm pretty sure they would do it. In money we trust, that's how things work in this country.

@ Avery Cates

They process K1 in less then 6 months, because they make more money on those cases. There is nothing else to it.

MSC

I-130 Received date April 24, 2013

NOA1 April, 26 2013

December 03, 2013 Transfer Notice

December 06, 2013 Received hard copy I-797C

Transferred to California Service Center

December 07, 2013 NOA2 APPROVED

January 29,2014 AOS PAID

February 06, 2014 IV PAID

February 12, 2014 I-864EZ mailed

February 12, 2014 DS-260 Support documents sent

February 12, 2014 DS-260 completed

March 12, 2013 CASE CLOSED

April 03, 2014 Interview....

Timeline

I spend $17.000 yes seventeen thousand dollars traveling to Bosnia four times in past 15 months, and if i knew how corrupted USCIS was i would just offer them $10.000 to speed up my case. If they found that much money in my case i'm pretty sure they would do it. In money we trust, that's how things work in this country.

If they found that much money in your case, they would probably keep it.

Getting it directly into the hands of an adjudicator would be another matter I suppose. But that's trickier than one might think. The government doesn't like there to be any way for anyone to speed up the process off their rails.

They process K1 in less then 6 months, because they make more money on those cases. There is nothing else to it.

Actually, yes, there is a whole lot more too it, starting with you're horribly, terribly wrong and/or misinformed.

K-1s were backed up 6 months ago, and they started transferring cases to TSC to clear that up. Now I-130s are backlogged, and they're being sent to VSC and I think TSC to clear that out. That's how it works.

Don't be daft and just make things up.

"Making more money off them" means absolutely nothing, because they're given the money up front, and processing them sooner as opposed to later doesn't make any difference to that.

Actually, yes, there is a whole lot more too it, starting with you're horribly, terribly wrong and/or misinformed.

K-1s were backed up 6 months ago, and they started transferring cases to TSC to clear that up. Now I-130s are backlogged, and they're being sent to VSC and I think TSC to clear that out. That's how it works.

Don't be daft and just make things up.

Edited by Avery Cates

6gai.jpg

Half a million out of how many total petitions of all types?

Really? You're not stunned based on that figure alone?

You insist on more? Okay. There are a little over 2,000,000 pending petitions, and our backlog makes up 25% of that. One single type of form makes up 25% of the backlog. I suppose that this is "only" 25% as far as you're concerned. Well, I-130 petitions are make up 5% of all submissions.

07/29/2014 - NOA1

11/19/2014 - Transfer to TSC

12/19/2014 - NOA2

01/15/2014 - NVC Received (TSC held it for 3 weeks...)

02/19/2014 - Case no. and IIN assigned; requested embassy change

02/27/2014 - DS-261 available and submitted

02/28/2014 - AOS available and paid

03/19/2014 - AOS mailed

03/27/2014 - AOS entered into system

03/24/2014 - New case no. assigned

03/25/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

03/28/2014 - IV package sent via FedEx

04/26/2014 - case complete

06/01/2014 - passed interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.