jj_stout

This is really so sad!

76 posts in this topic

Everyone, I feel your pain and I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way but I appreciate you sharing your feelings. It has been very hard for me and I had been sad for the last few weeks now that the second Christmas apart is coming...

I think that it is not the long time per se that affects me but the uncertainty and long, vague periods of time for processing each step (around 6 weeks for this, visa bulletin for that, retrogression this, RFE that... it is depleting and stressing). My best wishes to everyone, I know we all have bad days (I had my share) but hang in there.

Let's keep on praying and believing our papers will be approve soon. The Lord will be gracious.

the way USCIS process petitions is REALLY unpredictable. i so badly miss my husband cray5ol.gif .

I feel you. Let's keep on praying and believing our papers will be approve soon. The Lord will be gracious.

I know the feeling, on January 3, 2014 will be our 1 year wedding anniversary. I really want us to be together and spend the rest of our happy moments together.

PD = Feb 21, 2013

Noa1 = Feb 22, 2013

I feel you. Let's keep on praying and believing our papers will be approve soon.

The Lord will be gracious.

hang in there sis, our case also is 8 months cannot be found.then almost 9 months finally intial review .Then 9 months and 10 days we got our approval.Godbless to us.May God hear our prayers.

Daniel L. Covitz

hang in there sis, our case also is 8 months cannot be found.then almost 9 months finally intial review .Then 9 months and 10 days we got our approval.Godbless to us.May God hear our prayers.

Thank you so much. Yeah the Lord will be gracious

Me and my wife used the K-1 process, please, VJ"ers, all should pursue this avenue of immigration, IF possible, a I-130 is so un-predictable, you just never know, yes, some sacrifices have to be made toward each others family regards, BUT, the K-1 IF possible is the way to go, even though it took our's

10 months and 4 days, (Sputum Farce).,.,., but we are happily married now.

My heart felt feelings go to I-130 people, as there is NO.., reasoning to what is going on now!!!

Been married 7 1/2 years. And, I got married in the US. K1 was not possible for us.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Me and my wife used the K-1 process, please, VJ"ers, all should pursue this avenue of immigration, IF possible, a I-130 is so un-predictable, you just never know, yes, some sacrifices have to be made toward each others family regards, BUT, the K-1 IF possible is the way to go, even though it took our's

10 months and 4 days, (Sputum Farce).,.,., but we are happily married now.

My heart felt feelings go to I-130 people, as there is NO.., reasoning to what is going on now!!!

Well thanks for sharing your wisdom in a thread of people who have already applied for the CR1/IR1! It's not the most suitable path for everyone and anyway I-129's can get backed up too.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

What makes me mad is that they expect us to be able to support our spouses and yet keep us apart so long....does it occur to them that we have jobs and its nearly impossible to get that much vacation time how are we suppose to set up our lives with our spouses whle spending thousands to go back and fourth. I miss my man I know I was just there August but it seems forever we are newly weds the first year is the hardest but this distance makes it worse ...........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

What makes me mad is that they expect us to be able to support our spouses and yet keep us apart so long....does it occur to them that we have jobs and its nearly impossible to get that much vacation time how are we suppose to set up our lives with our spouses whle spending thousands to go back and fourth. I miss my man I know I was just there August but it seems forever we are newly weds the first year is the hardest but this distance makes it worse ...........

Exactly. My wife (the petitioner) has a good job but doesn't get much vacation compared to me and we are spending so much time apart. The biggest thing I have an issue with is the worry about not being allowed into the country while the application is pending, I know most people don't get turned back but some do.This is ridiculous because if we were going to stay we would have stayed after the wedding and adjusted status! I'm flying over next week and I'm already nervous about my airport experience, last time I got a man with an attitude who asked me lots of questions even though I wasn't married then. I have so much sympathy for those who come from non VWP countries and can't even visit during the wait.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Like my husband Ill give you his scenario. After he was born his mom died a week later, father gets remarried and aprox 7 years ago travels to the United States to get his eyes examined and visit his whole family mother, father, sister and brother who live in florida. While his stay they find that he has lou gehrig's disease he is hospitalized and dies in 20011 my husband wasnt even granted a visa to see his own father on his death bed. Now that we are married I am doing my best to bring him to the United States because he is alone and with all this he cant even visit me. I work I make decent money, I am a citizen and I am getting a master degree now please tell me where should I get the vacation time to go multiple times a year. How am i suppose to make sure I take care of everything, paper work , money , a home etc and on top of that not see my spouse. I am venting so sorry just very upset over all this. I made a request to expedite my case through the phone and they denied me saying though your case seems important you have no evidence ........... I expected it but if I told USCIS that hey I literally just cant go what are they going to do nothing right? Makes me so angry how some people are granted a visa and come and run around illegally never obtaining status and me a citizen cant be heard I just want to start my life and I literally cant do so till he gets to the United States

Exactly. My wife (the petitioner) has a good job but doesn't get much vacation compared to me and we are spending so much time apart. The biggest thing I have an issue with is the worry about not being allowed into the country while the application is pending, I know most people don't get turned back but some do.This is ridiculous because if we were going to stay we would have stayed after the wedding and adjusted status! I'm flying over next week and I'm already nervous about my airport experience, last time I got a man with an attitude who asked me lots of questions even though I wasn't married then. I have so much sympathy for those who come from non VWP countries and can't even visit during the wait.

Well thanks for sharing your wisdom in a thread of people who have already applied for the CR1/IR1! It's not the most suitable path for everyone and anyway I-129's can get backed up too.

Good response. lol

I know exactly what you're talking about. It makes no sense how they expect you to prove you're in a bona fide marital union, but then turn around and don't let you live as a normal couple and do the things non-immigrant couples in a bona fide union are allowed and expected to do - most important of which is living together. Am I making any sense here? Feels like I'm taking crazy pills.

Married in Edinburgh, Scotland: 07-06-2013

I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 09-04-2013

NOA1 from the National Benefits Center: 09-05-2013

I-130 Package Transferred to California Service Center: 02-25-2014

NOA2: 03-05-2014

NVC Received: 03-17-2014

Case # and IIN Assigned: 04-18-2014

DS-261 Generated and Completed: 04-26-2014

AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid: 04-29-2014

IV Fee Invoiced and Paid: 05-01-2014

AOS Fee Shows as Paid: 05-01-2014

IV Fee Shows as Paid: 05-05-2014

AOS and IV Packages Sent via UPS: 05-08-2014

AOS and IV Packages Received: 05-12-2014

AOS and IV Packages Input Into System: 05-14-2014

DS-260 Completed: 05-16-2014

Case Complete: 06-11-2014

Medical Exam: 07-08-2014

Interview in Warsaw, Poland: 08-28-2014 @ 8:30AM - APPROVED!

Visa Package Received: 09-01-2014

POE at Chicago O'Hare International Airport: 09-23-2014

I-751 Package Received: 07-11-2016

NOA1: 07-16-2016

I-751 Biometrics Apointment: 08-01-2016

ROC Approval (during citizenship interview): 12-20-2017

10-Year Green Card Received: N/A due to approved N-400

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed I-130 Last year May 2012, until now we're still waiting for the approval...our second wedding anniversary is on February 16, so we loss hope about our case. Some friends told me that spouse visa takes longer to be approve than fiance visa...:(

Nope that's nit true... Spouse visa and fiance visa has same timeline... Call the uscis and ask what happened with your papers.. You need to follow up it all the time coz its way too long already..

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

This is what my congressmans office sent me today ............

Greetings,

Please see below for the response received regarding your I-129F petition, according to the National Benefits Center:

Case MSC1391849176, Form I-129F filed by ..... on behalf of ...was received in our office on 09/11/2013 and will be adjudicated along with the I-130.

I hope you find this information accurate and beneficial. I will continue to follow-up your petition April 2014. Please keep in mind, you may be contacted by the USCIS before this date. If that’s the case, please proceed with following their instructions.

Nope that's nit true... Spouse visa and fiance visa has same timeline... Call the uscis and ask what happened with your papers.. You need to follow up it all the time coz its way too long already..

The spousal visa and the fiance visa are NOT on the same timeline. Fiance visas are being processed much, much faster. That being said, she is way outside of normal processing times and should really contact them and make sure that they didn't lose her case.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.