51 posts in this topic

It can be used as a good piece of evidence to show a bona fide marriage, yes.

It will not expedite the process.

but how? i will birth in july, which documents can i show? and its not fair that the dad will miss the birth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

but child togather is bona fide of marriage right?

I think you are confusing things. Having a bonafide relationship has nothing to do with him being able to get here any faster.

Since you don't seem to want to say what country he is from which has alot to do with if he can even come to visit on a B1/B2 visitor visa he will have to wait out the Visa process. Being pregnant has no bearing on the speed of your application. At the rate these petitions are being handled who knows when you will be approved. And you have the NVC stage after USCIS approval

And again not knowing his country which may have mandatory AP after interview (MENA Countries, Pakistan) no one can say when you will be complete. Of course your husband can always try and apply for a visitor visa it has no effect on your petition.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

What are you asking exactly?

Proving a bona fide marriage and asking for an expedite are two very different things.

Having a bona fide marriage is required for him to get a visa.

Having a life or death situation, beyond his or your control is required for him to get it faster (expedited).

It might not be fair, but they will not expedite the process due to pregnancy. In the eyes of the USCIS, childbirth is not an "extraordinary event, outside of your control."

If you want to show that you have a child together in helping to prove that the marriage is bona fide, you could for example provide him with a copy of your child's birth certificate showing you as the mother, and him as the father. Having a child together, by itself, does not prove that the marriage is bona fide, but it is a great piece of evidence in conjunction with other evidence that you may already have.

Edited by Yang-Ja

but the child will born in july, with which documents can i show it?

Have you filed the I-130 already?

If you already have, then you cannot add more evidence to it. Instead, when your husband goes to his visa interview, make sure he has the child's birth certificate with him.

If you have not yet filed the I-130, and you want to include your pregnancy as evidence of a bona fide marriage, I would just add a note from your doctor stating that you are pregnant, and how long you have been pregnant. Use that in conjunction with passport stamps, flight itineraries etc. to show that you and your husband were in the same country when you got pregnant. Then, when he does go to his visa interview (if that's after July) give him the copy of the child's birth certificate.

Again, you cannot prove to the USCIS at this point that the kid is definitely his, but that won't matter so much at this point. Use a doctor's note in conjunction with evidence showing you were together when you conceived. Keep in mind also that having a kid together does not alone prove that the marriage is bona fide, but it is a great bonus.

Edited by Yang-Ja

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

u cant understand or not???????? the child is not born, i will birth in july so how can u ask me for certificate of birthday?

timeline.gif

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Have you filed the I-130 already?

If you already have, then you cannot add more evidence to it. Instead, when your husband goes to his visa interview, make sure he has the child's birth certificate with him.

If you have not yet filed the I-130, and you want to include your pregnancy as evidence of a bona fide marriage, I would just add a note from your doctor stating that you are pregnant, and how long you have been pregnant. Use that in conjunction with passport stamps, flight itineraries etc. to show that you and your husband were in the same country when you got pregnant. Then, when he does go to his visa interview (if that's after July) give him the copy of the child's birth certificate.

If your husband has his interview before the child is born, use a doctor's note in conjunction with evidence showing you were together when you conceived. Keep in mind also that having a kid together does not alone prove that the marriage is bona fide, but it is a great bonus.

Edited by Yang-Ja

but child togather is bona fide of marriage right?

No, it's bona fide that you are pregnant, thats all.

u cant understand or not???????? the child is not born, i will birth in july so how can u ask me for certificate of birthday?

What?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.