newonehere

I cant wait anymore :( :(

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My wife and I are suffering due to this process and we haven't had to wait as long as some yet. But we are staying strong and supporting each other when we have bad days, We know that the bad days are a small price to pay for what lies at the end for us, and we are spending 9 days together in two weeks time! Small things like looking forward to our next Skype date night, writing each other letters and recording voice clips make it go faster. You and your spouse are a team, a team that gets to be together at the end of this process, be there for each other and good luck!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hang on tight guys. The long wait is indeed the hardest part but the rewards thereafter is priceless. My fiance and I also had almost given up because of the stress, we got two RFEs (when they could've just sent both in one request), had to wait another two months for results of sputum culture during my medical. Ours took more than a year till we finally got approved TODAY. So yes, there's light after all the darkness. Support each other, planfor the future ahead and don't focus on the waiting. Be strong, we're all doing this for love. biggrin.png

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Maybe you can consider visiting because in my case that helped a lot. I hadn't seen my fiance for exactly a year and waiting for his interview to be scheduled was taking tooo long and I was running out of patience, so I decided to take a break and go visit him. And it actually helped a lotttttttt. Just hang in there and you will hear good news soon.

One thing to remember is that, when this is all over and you're finally together, the difficulty of this will be totally gone and forgotten. When you're together, you won't be remembering this tough period, you'll just be too happy together to think about it.

And think about this - you're spending 6 (or 9) months apart so that you can have a lifetime together.

Hang in there!!

I remember that we were seperated for 424 consecutive days; and also that today is my two year wedding anniversary. Two years of happiness and many more to come. The time apart will not matter in the end.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hang in there! My hubby and I went through this too. We kept in touch almost daily but sometimes we both had to distract ourselves with activities with family and friends because sometimes the wait seemed overwhelming. Our NOA2 took 9 months, and came on my daughter's wedding day! I was with her and her new hubby in California when I got the news. I broke down and cried and then we all had a round of champagne! Hubby's interview was 465 days after NOA1. After all the painful waiting, he finally arrived in the USA this spring.

Probably everyone has different ways of coping. Many times, when I was out shopping or driving somewhere I imagined my hubby with me and I would think about showing him things and places. Of course, all came true after he arrived, because we have been enjoying life together for over 6 months now. Yes, there were times when I cried and when I felt intensely lonely. Plan a trip to visit if you can. It helped us get through the waiting process.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I remember that we were seperated for 424 consecutive days; and also that today is my two year wedding anniversary. Two years of happiness and many more to come. The time apart will not matter in the end.

Happy Anniversary!!!!! kicking.gif

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I feel you, :(( I've aready passed the 6 months mark too.. and the worst is every month we got a different information from them.. Dont worry hun, youll get it soon! Hang on just a lil bit longer.. Godbless!

Don't give up. It's so worth it when it's finally over. Sounds cliche, but I promise it's true!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks a lot . One day at a time and staying busy.. and maybe a surprise approval.. who knows smile.png

Have you gotten everything ready for when you do receive NOA2/ That helps, preparing, so when it comes, you are good to go for the next phase. Chin up, you can do this!!

10/28/13-I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago Lock Box from Abroad

11/01/13-I-130 received at facility

11/12/13-Contacted Chicago Lock box to find info on our petition and was told it is being returned.

11/14/13-Received package back from Lock Box with RFE to resend it with correct filing fee.

(Money Order not drawn on US account)

11/25/13-I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago Lock Box from Abroad with correct method of payment.

12/06/13-Received NOA1 via Email stating our case has been transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

12/12/13-Checked USCIS site for Case Status. Seen our case is in initial Review.

12/16/13-Received Hardcopy NOA1 in mail.

Feb 5-crossed border to US to see hubs and son off at airport. Flew to CA to establish domicile.

Feb 11-Case touched to update hub's change of address

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

If any of you are still waiting for NOA2 please read this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/466279-i-130-petitioners-be-heard/ and send an email or fax. It feels better having done something, even a small thing!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Timeline

Have you gotten everything ready for when you do receive NOA2/ That helps, preparing, so when it comes, you are good to go for the next phase. Chin up, you can do this!!

Yes thats what I am doing to fill up the time. Finishing my paperwork etc.

Also shopping for when I move there etc.

Hopefully no surpeise RFE's

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.