anoras87

need advice from experts. please comment asap

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hahahaaa!! Love it! Most excellent suggestion I've heard all day!! ;-)

lol.....2nd that :-)

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

OP, you do realize that you've practically outed your friend and his dad. All any of us here who are Philippine-born need to do is post a series of questions on Facebook and we can find out who they are and who you are. Many of us are top professionals who paid our taxes in the Philippines and are sick of spoiled political families who think they are above the law. Your "friend's" marriage sounds like a fraud. Your "friend" sounds like a spoiled #######. I don't understand why you are helping him...Or maybe you aren't? The road to hell is indeed paved with good intentions.

Exactly my thoughts ... ranting33va.gif

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: Timeline

That was not a bonifide relationship on his part

sorry, its the 1st time I am being judgmental,how

does a recently married man just see someone and

fall on his opportunistic behind in love?...no wonder

things R hard for genuine ppl Your friend is a fraud

hope she goes & withdraw whatever she can at USCIS

and the new squeezemust be managerial position on

that job with clout

Her day will come soon too, leopards don't change their

spotsdevil.gif

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

im helping a friend . and i told him that i have a great site where i can possibly ask for opinions and suggestions on what to do. so heres my friends situation.

my friend is a beneficiary from k1. everythign went well, he was able to go to the US, and got married, applied for aos and got his green card after three months. hes working as a nurse and fell in love with another nurse. he is only 6 months in the US ( i know hes stupid, ive told him already so many times) yet he managed to cheat and fell in love with another girl. ,. these are his questions.

can he file for a divorce to his wife even if hes on a 2year green card?

if so, can he marries the new girl after the divorce?

- does he needs to go back to the philippines after divorce and apply another k1? or can he stay with his new girl and adjust status? please help. i have no idea what on earth to tell him. we are so close so all of yall out there who wans to punch him, i want to do the same thing. but hes firm with his decision that he doesnt feel love anymore with his wife, ( his wife's work entails travelling alot, so most of the time according to him hes left alone). could be true but could be an alibi. anyhow, can you all experts help my friend? please let me know what moves he can take. he wants to stay in the us with his new girl. his new girl is a USC, american to be exact.

If he divorces (or his marriage is annulled) before the two years have passed and he wants to continue to live in the U.S., he needs to submit Form I-751, but will have to include a request for a “waiver” of the joint filing requirement. The waivers most likely to be relevant to your case are based on:

• divorce after a good-faith marriage
  • abuse or battery by the U.S. spouse in a good-faith marriage, and
  • extreme hardship to the immigrant if returned to his or her country of origin.

If he obtain a final order of divorce before the two-year conditional period has ended, then the divorce waiver is a logical choice for him. His task will be to convince U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that valid reasons exist to allow an exception to the joint filing requirement, by showing that his marriage was “bona fide” or genuine at the time and was not a mere “business transaction” to skirt immigration laws.

Edited by NY577

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey this does not sound like scam...........it is. Oh the drama........hey folks do not beat the friend up......he split after 6 months after green card. So did my spouse (now ex) but where is? Oh yea back in Ukraine after being put in removal proceeding, which is where this guy belongs. Gowan...the movie ..can I get Anthony Edwards to play me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On one hand, some people are counting down the days until they can be with their loved ones, and one the other hand, some people are being complete fools ruining others' lives and theirs too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Closing thread as it has ran it's coarse.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.