22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everybody,

i have a question ! Hopefully i get some answers, my friend is the US petitioner who sponsored his wife who entered the US by CR1 visa last august,

here is the history : my friend and his wife had serious problems during the visa process witch it takes more than 1 year , the wife asked for a divorce a lot of times ,she asked to don’t move on USA while they works together to Save the marriage , she needed more time to stay to her country before she move on, my friend was much excited to bring her to live with him, so he insisted to don’t just lose time and to better continue what they wanted from the beginning to have a happy married life together he accepted to works on the relationship and the marriage while they are together, like she wanted Due to a variety of problems that occurred and broke her heart as my friend was saying, in the end they took one decision to save the marriage and find solutions to everything while they are together and not separated ,they had a small party at her home country before they moved to USA. my friend called me last week to tell me he may contact USCIS to let them know his wife don’t let him 'makes love with him' and she is still virgin, he surprised me , he was mad, she do what she needs to do at home; she is cool with his family with everybody she is quit ,nice more than ever , she wake up in the morning she prepare the breakfast for him, she clean the house she do everything except being cool in the bedroom she does not exceed certain limits in her relationship with him, this is exactly what my friend told me , he said he didn’t expect she will keep saying "we still need time " after 2 months living together , i feel what my friend feels ,i know he loves her and am not sure if this is exactly what he will do 'contact USCIS'

my question is : if my friend contact USCIS they may take off the 2 y green card from her ? What my friend can do in this situation to cause any 'immigration' problems to her? am curious to know what can the us spouse do in this situation at least to let his wife know the consequences of what he want to do , thanks

Edited by adam55

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS isn't meant to be a bargaining chip for sex. He should just divorce and move on with his life. It's possible for an annulment if he wants to go that route, I would personally go that route but I don't see it possible I would be in that same situation.

USCIS isn't meant to be a bargaining chip for sex. He should just divorce and move on with his life. It's possible for an annulment if he wants to go that route, I would personally go that route but I don't see it possible I would be in that same situation.

why dont see annulment possible ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum***

**Moderator hat off**

Based on the situation you have described, there is nothing USCIS or ICE can or will do, no laws have been broken.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

***Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum***

**Moderator hat off**

Based on the situation you have described, there is nothing USCIS or ICE can or will do, no laws have been broken.

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my question is : if my friend contact USCIS they may take off the 2 y green card from her ? What my friend can do in this situation to cause any 'immigration' problems to her? am curious to know what can the us spouse do in this situation at least to let his wife know the consequences of what he want to do , thanks

To your question. This is not an immigration issue. there is no fraud. The government (Immigration ) does not care nor want to know about someones sexual conduct. This is a personal matter. he should have just listen to the woman and let her stay in her country until she was ready.

No they can't "Take off" her 2 year green card.

Yes he can cause "immigration problems for her" by lying because that is what he would be doing which is not cool.

What he can do is if he really wants his marriage and wants to work things out where she is comfortable to even be with him than he needs to seek counseling go to their religious leaders or whoever they seek and talk. There are some serious issues that he seems to not want to deal with. he wants the booty and if he don't get it he will cause trouble. What kind of man does that.

He can also be a noce guy and buy her a ticket back home and be a gentleman about it all. I wish them all the best.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

To your question. This is not an immigration issue. there is no fraud. The government (Immigration ) does not care nor want to know about someones sexual conduct. This is a personal matter. he should have just listen to the woman and let her stay in her country until she was ready.

No they can't "Take off" her 2 year green card.

Yes he can cause "immigration problems for her" by lying because that is what he would be doing which is not cool.

What he can do is if he really wants his marriage and wants to work things out where she is comfortable to even be with him than he needs to seek counseling go to their religious leaders or whoever they seek and talk. There are some serious issues that he seems to not want to deal with. he wants the booty and if he don't get it he will cause trouble. What kind of man does that.

He can also be a noce guy and buy her a ticket back home and be a gentleman about it all. I wish them all the best.

Thank you ,

After my friend phone call, i was upset and mad for her because i felt like he wants to consider his “issue” with his wife as a fraud to USCIS and I know for sure she was honest with him before coming to USA, I felt like he wanted to say she 'his wife' has no proof to tell anybody they had a problems before, and the issues just started after she got the green card!

“Yes he can cause"immigration problems for her" by lying because that is what he would be doing which is not cool”

Lying like what! If the issue they have is a personal matter and there is nothing can USCIS do ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you ,

After my friend phone call, i was upset and mad for her because i felt like he wants to consider his “issue” with his wife as a fraud to USCIS and I know for sure she was honest with him before coming to USA, I felt like he wanted to say she 'his wife' has no proof to tell anybody they had a problems before, and the issues just started after she got the green card!

“Yes he can cause"immigration problems for her" by lying because that is what he would be doing which is not cool”

Lying like what! If the issue they have is a personal matter and there is nothing can USCIS do ?

Thats what i am saying with all you said sure he can lie make up stuff and try his best to cause problems. Without proof however it will be hard. But you never know when someone is this upset he could make up evidence whatever to "get" her. So sad for her.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Thats what i am saying with all you said sure he can lie make up stuff and try his best to cause problems. Without proof however it will be hard. But you never know when someone is this upset he could make up evidence whatever to "get" her. So sad for her.

So sad for her as well

thanks for your answers

This is crazy. And I have to stand on the woman's side. She did not do any fraud, she simply was not prepared to leave for the US, or did not feel prepared to have intimate relationship with her husband. If this husband really loves her he would be patient. Some people have an easy time, others have a hard time to leave their home, to get into an intimate relationship etc. I think this husband is very cruel, selfish and mean person. He does not deserve a sweet lady like his wife. Poor woman! :(

An unconsummated marriage can generally be annulled as not being a valid marriage. If he were to seek an annulment this may cause problems when it comes to removing conditions, since the courts would have judged the marriage to not be legitimate. I doubt anyone is going to come hunting her down to deport her, but she could find herself in the USA with no legal standing to be here. Seems rather strange to me that they married, got a visa based on a marriage that has yet to be consummated. Why did she even marry him when she was not ready for the intimate side of marriage? Was it just to get a green card? Those are the questions I think she'd run in to when attempting to remove conditions if her husband annuls the marriage based on this situation.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did you guys even ask where was she from ? ...Well ..Since am Arabian am going to tell you this...Virginity for Arabian Muslim girls is something very very important and sensitive and it isn't that easy to just give it away..I know everyone is thinking but she is his wife...I understand and thats why i think there is more behind it...If she is Arabian..she prob told him that she wasn't going to do that unless she makes sure that he takes marriage seriously and he sees her as a wife....because if she get divorced, It would be so bad because of the virginity thing.

On the other hand...I need to be fair...I also need to ask the question..What if she is USING him and is going to marry someone else from her country and she doesn't want to lose her virginity because of that person and she is just waiting for her 10 years GC then she will get a divorce and she will marry the other guy and apply for him.

Am not going to judge any of them...But we would like to know more about whats going on.

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everybody,

i have a question ! Hopefully i get some answers, my friend is the US petitioner who sponsored his wife who entered the US by CR1 visa last august,

here is the history : my friend and his wife had serious problems during the visa process witch it takes more than 1 year , the wife asked for a divorce a lot of times ,she asked to don’t move on USA while they works together to Save the marriage , she needed more time to stay to her country before she move on, my friend was much excited to bring her to live with him, so he insisted to don’t just lose time and to better continue what they wanted from the beginning to have a happy married life together he accepted to works on the relationship and the marriage while they are together, like she wanted Due to a variety of problems that occurred and broke her heart as my friend was saying, in the end they took one decision to save the marriage and find solutions to everything while they are together and not separated ,they had a small party at her home country before they moved to USA. my friend called me last week to tell me he may contact USCIS to let them know his wife don’t let him 'makes love with him' and she is still virgin, he surprised me , he was mad, she do what she needs to do at home; she is cool with his family with everybody she is quit ,nice more than ever , she wake up in the morning she prepare the breakfast for him, she clean the house she do everything except being cool in the bedroom she does not exceed certain limits in her relationship with him, this is exactly what my friend told me , he said he didn’t expect she will keep saying "we still need time " after 2 months living together , i feel what my friend feels ,i know he loves her and am not sure if this is exactly what he will do 'contact USCIS'

It sounds like she used him to get here...she's reserving her "virginity" for someone else. If the marriage has not been consummated, it's not valid. If I were the man, I would look into this with eagle eyes and device a tactful way around the difficulty. There is no excuse by whatsoever to deny her "husband" intimacy when it is because of the 'assumed' intimate dealings she has with him that brought her here in the first place. If the reason for which she qualified for the visa never existed, she's got to go back home. If she really believe she isn't ready for intimacy, she MUST return to her home country. Why should she be concerned about the greencard if she isn't ready for intimacy? Except she married him for greencard, I'm having a hard-time understanding this.

Marriage (if applicable): 2007-09-08

I-130 sent: 2008-08-05

I-130 approved: 2009-04-08

Case Completed at NVC: 2009-04-08

IR-1 Visa Received: 2011-01-21

US Entry: 2011-01-29

SS card received: 02-26-2011

10 years GC Received: 03/10/2011

Citizenship eligibility Criteria: 3 years

10-31-2013: Eligibility Date

02-07-2014: Application Sent

02-11-2014: Application Received

02-11-2014: Priority Date

02-18-2014: NOA Received

02-20-2014: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

03-11-2014: Bio-metric Date

03-13-2014: In-line for Interview

04-10-2014: Interview Letter Sent Date

05-20-2014: Interview Date

06-19-2014: Oath Ceremony

06-21-2014: Applied for U.S passport Book (expedite-$60)

06-23-2014: Passport Application received

06-26-2014: Passport Completed processing and mailed

06-27-2014: Passport Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you ,

Her real intent is clearly noticeable: she married him for greencard. If not, let her return to her country until the intimacy stuff is resolved. Why would she marry a man she isn't ready to get intimate with in the first place? She's up to something; I don't need to be a prophet to see how she's only using him and reserving her virginity for her 'security lover.' It isn't a rocket science to figure this out.

Marriage (if applicable): 2007-09-08

I-130 sent: 2008-08-05

I-130 approved: 2009-04-08

Case Completed at NVC: 2009-04-08

IR-1 Visa Received: 2011-01-21

US Entry: 2011-01-29

SS card received: 02-26-2011

10 years GC Received: 03/10/2011

Citizenship eligibility Criteria: 3 years

10-31-2013: Eligibility Date

02-07-2014: Application Sent

02-11-2014: Application Received

02-11-2014: Priority Date

02-18-2014: NOA Received

02-20-2014: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

03-11-2014: Bio-metric Date

03-13-2014: In-line for Interview

04-10-2014: Interview Letter Sent Date

05-20-2014: Interview Date

06-19-2014: Oath Ceremony

06-21-2014: Applied for U.S passport Book (expedite-$60)

06-23-2014: Passport Application received

06-26-2014: Passport Completed processing and mailed

06-27-2014: Passport Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.