otter~

November 2013 filers?

1,556 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

WOWWW everything is moving so fast. nvc recieved my my case yesterday and assigned me my case number and today they already transeffered it consulate in my country. jus in 1 day. now status is IN TRANSIT on ceac website.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : California Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : New Delhi, India I-129F Sent : 2013-12-23 I-129F NOA1 : 2014-01-02 I-129F RFE(s) : 2014 02 03 RFE Reply(s) : 2014 02 24 I-129F NOA2 : 2014-02-27 NVC Received : 2014-03-11NVC Left : 2014-03-12

So once you get the case number you can check to see if it's in transit?? It's giving me an error message on that site... Just wondering

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So once you get the case number you can check to see if it's in transit?? It's giving me an error message on that site... Just wondering

jus recheck it tht u r entering the correct case number and select immigrant visa in visa application type. u can check every update there. hope it helps. best of luck

Timeline

They assigned the number yesterday. I didn't think it would be shipped or any updates would be made yet to the site for a few weeks, but I tried anyway. Same error, but I assumed it was because it wasn't in the system yet. Can you tell me how many digits in your case number in case I didn't write it down correctly?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

It will start with three letters pertaining to your Embassy (Moscow, I presume), then 2014, then a bunch more numbers (6 digits after the 2014, for me). You check it under Immigrant Visas. It's strange it's not working for you. :/

Edited by SparklePony

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

They assigned the number yesterday. I didn't think it would be shipped or any updates would be made yet to the site for a few weeks, but I tried anyway. Same error, but I assumed it was because it wasn't in the system yet. Can you tell me how many digits in your case number in case I didn't write it down correctly?

3 ALBHABETS FOLLOWED BY 10 DIGITS. I WAS ABLE TO SEE MY STATUS RYT AWAY WHEN I GOT MY CASE NUMBER. UR STATUS RYT NOW SHUD BE AT NVC

Timeline

Ah, problem solved. I was choosing nonimmigrant visa as the option... I'm stupid. Duh.

It's in transit now.

Come on Texas, get the rest of those noa2s!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

As an update, my fiance had her interview at the US Embassy yesterday morning, March 12 (Philippines).

She said it was a long wait to talk to the 1st interviewer who looked at our file and affidavit of support and asked some questions.

Then it was another long wait to talk to the 2nd interviewer (US consulate). He also looked at our file, the pictures that were sent with the initial petition and then asked a couple of questions.

At the end of the interview, my fiance asked how everything looks and the consulate said....

"YOU ARE APPROVED."

Whooo Hoooo!!

Thank You!!!

They took my fiance's passport so they could put the visa on it and would mail it back to her.

Whoo Hooo!!

We are both pretty psyched!

Thanks to everyone on visajourney and prayers out to everyone still waiting!!

Keep your head up!

Eyes on the prize!!

Or K-1 Visa Journey:

- November 9th, 2013 : Sent I-129f package (FedEx)

- November 15th, 2013: Check was Cashed

- November 15th, 2013: NOA1 e-mail notification (TSC) smile.png

- November 21st, 2013: NOA1 Hard Copy arrived. (Official Notification Date - Nov 14th)

- November 21st, 2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

- February 7th, 2014: NOA2 received by text & email!! (85 days from NOA1 to NOA2) dancin5hr.gif heart.gif

- February 13th, 2014 (14th in Philippines...Happy Valentine's Day Surprise Babe!!rose.gif heart.gif ): I-129F shipped to Dept. of State to receive visa #

- February 14th, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received.... Happy Valentine's Day!

- February 21st, 2014: NVC assigns visa number. Can now schedule online, interview for fiance at US Embassy

- February 24th, 2014: Now have interview date!! (May 5, 2014 @ 7:30 am)

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Fiance finished medical exam & vaccinations (all in one early & long day) @ St. Luke's & passed

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): US Embassy - Manila (USEM) receives our case & is READY for interview

- February 26th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Able to reschedule for a March 12th interview date! Whoo Hoo!!

- March 12th, 2014 (11th in US): Fiance interviews @ US Embassy....... APPROVED!!! YEA BABE!!idea9dv.gif dancin5hr.gif biggrin.png kicking.gif

Timeline

Congrats!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Congratulation! That's awesome :)

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline

Yet another example to show that just because you get approved later doesn't mean you get your visa later too. :)

Gwapo got the NOA2 after I did and I'm looking at a month and half, two months (if not more) until I get my visa. You guys still waiting for your NOA2, I will be thrilled beyond words to see you all get your visa before I do!

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Part of it has to do with the process in the Philippines because my fiance didn't have to wait for a letter or packet from the US Embassy in order to schedule an interview.

For the Philippines, once you get the NVC visa #, we can pay the visa fee and then be able to schedule our interview date on our own, so we got May 5th. Also, we are able to reschedule two times so we were able to grab a closer date, March 12th.

That part of the process really allows you to speed up the process tremendously, as long as all the stuff for the interview is taken care way before the interview.

My fiance, really busted her butt to get the NBI and CENOMAR done even before we paid the visa fee after NVC. Then she worked real hard to get the interview done asap.

At that point, even though our interview was scheduled pretty soon, she still had some time to relax from doing much visa stuff before the interview.

And, all that was while she was working her office job.

Thus, our process is much faster because we can do a lot on our own & add to the fact that my fiance really did a whole lot in a short amount of time.

To my fiance.... you are really amazing babe! heart.gifbiggrin.pngheart.gif

Edited by Gwapo1ako

Or K-1 Visa Journey:

- November 9th, 2013 : Sent I-129f package (FedEx)

- November 15th, 2013: Check was Cashed

- November 15th, 2013: NOA1 e-mail notification (TSC) smile.png

- November 21st, 2013: NOA1 Hard Copy arrived. (Official Notification Date - Nov 14th)

- November 21st, 2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

- February 7th, 2014: NOA2 received by text & email!! (85 days from NOA1 to NOA2) dancin5hr.gif heart.gif

- February 13th, 2014 (14th in Philippines...Happy Valentine's Day Surprise Babe!!rose.gif heart.gif ): I-129F shipped to Dept. of State to receive visa #

- February 14th, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received.... Happy Valentine's Day!

- February 21st, 2014: NVC assigns visa number. Can now schedule online, interview for fiance at US Embassy

- February 24th, 2014: Now have interview date!! (May 5, 2014 @ 7:30 am)

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Fiance finished medical exam & vaccinations (all in one early & long day) @ St. Luke's & passed

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): US Embassy - Manila (USEM) receives our case & is READY for interview

- February 26th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Able to reschedule for a March 12th interview date! Whoo Hoo!!

- March 12th, 2014 (11th in US): Fiance interviews @ US Embassy....... APPROVED!!! YEA BABE!!idea9dv.gif dancin5hr.gif biggrin.png kicking.gif

Timeline

Hey Congrats :)dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Part of it has to do with the process in the Philippines because my fiance didn't have to wait for a letter or packet from the US Embassy in order to schedule an interview.

For the Philippines, once you get the NVC visa #, we can pay the visa fee and then be able to schedule our interview date on our own, so we got May 5th. Also, we are able to reschedule two times so we were able to grab a closer date, March 12th.

That part of the process really allows you to speed up the process tremendously, as long as all the stuff for the interview is taken care way before the interview.

My fiance, really busted her butt to get the NBI and CENOMAR done even before we paid the visa fee after NVC. Then she worked real hard to get the interview done asap.

At that point, even though our interview was scheduled pretty soon, she still had some time to relax from doing much visa stuff before the interview.

Thus, our process is much faster because we can do a lot on our own & add to the fact that my fiance really did a whole lot in a short amount of time.

To my fiance.... you are really amazing babe! heart.gifbiggrin.pngheart.gif

Our K-1 Visa Journey

Nov 12, 2013 - Package mailed via USPS Priority mail
Nov 14, 2013 - Package confirmed received
Nov 19, 2013 - NOA1

Nov 25, 2013 - Alien Registration # changed

Feb 20, 2014 - NOA2 received dancin5hr.gifstar_smile.gifyes.gifkicking.gifbiggrin.png

Feb 26, 2014 - USCIS sent our case to NVC

Mar 6, 2014 - NVC received case & Issued case number kicking.gif

Mar 12, 2014 - Case 'Ready' to schedule interview....now awaiting Packet 3 from consulate

March 18, 2014 - Letter received from Mumbai consulate

March 27, 2014 - Interview & APPROVED :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Adjustment of Status
June 20, 2014 - Application sent
July 27, 2014 - Biometrics appt
Sept 1, 2014 - EAD received
Oct 15, 2015 - Interview waiver letter received
May beginning - RFE asking for marriage certificate which i had already submitted while applying for AOS <_<

May 25, 2015 - AOS petition approved

May 28, 2015 - GC received :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

To my fiance.... you are really amazing babe! (L):D(L)

Hi Everyone,

As an update, my fiance had her interview at the US Embassy yesterday morning, March 12 (Philippines).

She said it was a long wait to talk to the 1st interviewer who looked at our file and affidavit of support and asked some questions.

Then it was another long wait to talk to the 2nd interviewer (US consulate). He also looked at our file, the pictures that were sent with the initial petition and then asked a couple of questions.

At the end of the interview, my fiance asked how everything looks and the consulate said....

"YOU ARE APPROVED."

Whooo Hoooo!!

Thank You!!!

They took my fiance's passport so they could put the visa on it and would mail it back to her.

Whoo Hooo!!

Keep your head up!

Eyes on the prize!!

That's amazing! Congrats and wishing you all the best! :)

We got a notification yesterday that our case is shipped to the NVC! Whoop whoop! I guess we will start calling for a case number somewhere late next week yayayayaya!

K1

18th Nov 2013 - Mailed K-1 visa application

22th Nov 2013 - Received NOA1 (with official receipt date of 20th Nov 2013 on the petition) from TSC

3rd March 2014 - Received NOA2 through email notification (101 days after NOA1)

10th March 2014 - Received hardcopy NOA2

12th March 2014 - Case shipped from TSC to NVC, notification through email

21st March 2014 - Received Case number from NVC after calling them

24th March 2014 - Case shipped to Amsterdam Consulate "in transit"

26th March 2014 - Case status changed to arrived "Ready"

26th March 2014 - Received packet 3 through mail, after contacting them through email

27th March 2014 - Returned Packet 3

3rd of April2014 - Received Packet 4 via post with interview data ( they dont give this information through email)

11th of April 2014 - Medical appointment

24th of April 2014 - Interview date - APPROVED!

2nd of May 2014 - Received Passport back in the mail

19th of May 2014 - MOVED! POE Atlanta - Never been faster through customs, no lines and it took the officer about 10 minutes to process my papers. Very friendly.

June 10th 2014 - Applied for SSN - They could not find me in the system yet, but the lady was very friendly and said she would process it later and call me in case she needed any more information or would foresee any delay past 2 weeks she would call me.

June 16th 2014 - Received my SSN

June 16th 2014 - Got our marriage licence - Although they said I did not need a SSN in case I had not received it yet. We called ahead.

June 27th 2014- Got Married!

Adjustment of Status

July 23rd 2014 - Applied for Adjustment of Status (Inc EAD / AP)

August 8th 2014 - NOA1

August 11th 2014 - Requested Expedite processing on AP

August 18th 2014 - Received appointment letter Biometrics Appointment

August 19th 2014 - Expedite request completed - AP approved and produced

August 28th 2014 - Biometics appointment

October 2014 - AoS Approved

January 29th 2015 - Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

November 4th - Applied for Removal of Conditions

November 16th - NOA1

December 6th - Biometrics Appointment

Waiting....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

"YOU ARE APPROVED."

Whooo Hoooo!!

Thank You!!!

Whoo Hooo!!

Keep your head up!

Eyes on the prize!!

Congratulations!

event.png
K1 journey
- 31 october 2013: sent I-129f package
- 06 november 2013: NOA1Hardcopy
- 12 november 2013: alien registration number changed
- 21 March 2014: NOA2 E-mail
- 27 March 2014: NOA2 Hardcopy
- 09 Apri 2014: Case sent to NVC
- 02 May 2014: Pack 3 received
- 07 May 2014: Pack 3 send
- 10 May 2014: Pack 4 received
- 13 May 2014: Medical
- 27 May 2014: Interview ( approved )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congratulations to those who had their visas approved and what not, sorry I've been MIA.

I am in Korea now to celebrate my anniversary with my fiancé and also to accompany him to his visa interview at the US Embassy in Seoul in a few hours.

Nervous and excited at the same time, excited that this process is ALMOST over. :)

Better get some shut eye ... gotta get up in 4 hours.

Same-Sex K1 Visa Petition
I-129F Sent : 2013-11-09

I-129F NOA1: 2013-11-15

Alien# Changed: 2013-11-19

NOA1 Hardcopy: 2013-11-22
I-129F NOA2: 2013-11-22 (Never notified of I-129F approval, went to NVC)

NVC Received: 2013-12-19
NVC Left: 2013-12-23

Consulate Received: 2013-12-24
Packet 3 Received: 2013-12-24

Packet 3 Sent: 2014-01-29

Packet 4 Received: 2014-01-29 (South Korea doesn't give Packet 4 for K1 Visa, they just issue an appointment confirmation email after setting appointment)

Interview Date: 2014-03-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.